BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    Seeking opinions - after-market exhaust on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:16 am

Dennis

Platinum member
Platinum member
Hi all, I'm considering purchasing a Motad silencer (ex UK), but would like to hear from anyone who has one or has had experience with them. I/we tour, so roaring in the ear is not what I'm after, just a nice low note if at all possible. Also, fit-up issues, finish quality, durability etc. No need to bash anyone's product here, just some constructive remarks will be great, thanks, Dennis

Alex_GER

Silver member
Silver member
I tried the search, since there was a similar post before, but the search engine is shyte...

I have a Sebring, which looks very much the same as the Motad. The Sebring has a very nice low pitched sound. Here's a comparison:

Before

After

http://www.students.uni-mainz.de/alotz/portfolio/

ssray

beachcomber is getting some collectorboxes made so you can fit any end can to your k. look him up
Ray

Any guesses as to what this trick-looking system is? A hint: Made in Japan, it delivered an additional 11.4 rear wheel horsepower and 5 ft/lbs additional torque with zero dips anywhere in the power band of both torque and horsepower numbers, all the way from idle to maximum revolutions.

In Japanese the nickname of this particular system was 'Hebi' because its design is reminiscent of a snake. It is made entirely of titanium and shaved 8 kilos (17.6 lbs) off the stock system. The pipe at max rpm sounded like the wail of a Formula 1 car at full song. At idle or mid-revs it was not noticeable at all.

In memory of Mr Takashi Aoki of Japan. He was my friend first, a long-time business partner and all round creative genius. RIP

Dennis

Platinum member
Platinum member
My story so far, since I started this thread. I ordered a new Motad silencer from a seller on Ebay (in UK). Well, that was in early January this year and I still haven't seen the exhaust (paid for already by Paypal).
I have been informed there have been quality contol issues at the factory, mainly around fitment of the header pipes I think. This is very frustrating, but I've been assured my pipe will be dispatched any day soon !! This thing better be the goods when it arrives or this will be one very unhappy little Tassie camper.
Is anyone farmiliar with the Motad products, or have similar war stories ?

I have one on my bike, since about January of last year. I complained about the fitment of header pipes to collector and re-wrote their instruction sheet for them and submitted it to them. I hope I didn't get them worked up about it. Perhaps you can blame it on me! Wink

I love the pipe a year down the track though. It's the biz.

Dennis

Platinum member
Platinum member
Thanks TWB, at least that's encouraging to hear, now I just need to get my hands on the bloody thing !

charlie99

VIP
VIP
staintune here dennis ...all the workmates love the sound

pitty "conti " never thought to look at the bmw ,,,,,smile

There are no longer any new Staintunes for the early but still mighty K, unfortunately.

10Back to top Go down    Re: Seeking opinions - after-market exhaust on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:21 pm

Oldgoat

Life time member
Life time member
@Two Wheels Better wrote:I complained about the fitment of header pipes to collector and re-wrote their instruction sheet for them and submitted it to them. I hope I didn't get them worked up about it. Perhaps you can blame it on me! Wink

I spit up my tea all over the desk when I read this, lol!

OG

I got my Motad from Motorworks (they don't say which brand it is but you can tell from the image) and it was AU$350 delivered to OZ last January, 2010. There's a bloke in Melbourne who'll let you have one for AU$680 on special. Very special. But I didn't ride the short bus to school.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum