BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New tires for my K Empty New tires for my K Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:27 pm

Richard1

Silver member
Silver member
It has become necessary for me to put new tires on my 1985 K100RT
The present (standard) tires have dry-rotted due to long storage.
Should I replace with the same standard tire or should I go with the radial tire.
What are the advantages of each.
Thanks
Richard1

2Back to top Go down   New tires for my K Empty Re: New tires for my K Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:13 am

You'll likely not find radials tyres in the original sizes your motorbike came with, unless you're keen to squeeze a wider tyre onto a narrow rim, which does defeat the purpose to some degree - less rubber on the road. There's a lot written about this issue here. Have a look around in the posts. You'll find useful info about it. I use Pirelli's Sport Demon bias ply tyre in 110/80V18 front and 140/80VB18 rear. These work well. Others have good ideas on a variety of tyre options as well.

3Back to top Go down   New tires for my K Empty Re: New tires for my K Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:43 am

Richard1

Silver member
Silver member
Thanks Two wheels Better. It seems as though radials for my bike are hard to find. At this point I don't want to improvise. I just want to get the bike on the road with a good set of rubber. So far, all I have done is work on the bike. Now I just want to take it for a ride. All you folks on the forum seem to love them and I hope I will also.
Richard1

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum