BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   wtb k100 lt Empty wtb k100 lt on Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:58 pm

kartooo

kartooo
Silver member
Silver member
had one a few yrs ago and regret selling it. i am located in S.E. MA and have cash.
own a k100 std right now and enjoyed the protection in the cold and on the highway the lt offered.

Larry

2Back to top Go down   wtb k100 lt Empty Re: wtb k100 lt on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:37 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
hello kartooo. I have a suggestion. Send me the cash then you will feel like the rest of us, broke with an old bike to keep. And of course
I'll buy something new and shiny. Win/Win.
Cheers RT

3Back to top Go down   wtb k100 lt Empty Re: wtb k100 lt on Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:03 pm

RicK G

RicK G
VIP
VIP
Well my K100lt is up for sale but it's in Oz so unless you know someone with a dingy that is willing to lend it out for 3 months or so I don't reckon you will be buying it.

4Back to top Go down   wtb k100 lt Empty Re: wtb k100 lt on Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:43 pm

kartooo

kartooo
Silver member
Silver member
i guess going into winter makes a person a little loopy... at least you guy's have a sense of humor. glad it's summer here last winter was looong. after all the snow melted we still had a bunch of sand and road salt that was like marbles. hey K Freak how does that k1100lt compare to the k100lt ?? got a fjr1300 that just isn't comfortable to me. my plane jane k100 fits just right. miss the protection and gadgets i had on the LT.

5Back to top Go down   wtb k100 lt Empty Re: wtb k100 lt on Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:49 pm

kartooo

kartooo
Silver member
Silver member
hey RT. that 85 did over 100k with them 6 rivets ?? i have a phobia about that 6 rivet design,i hear some get over 100k before they quit. my 85 is still a youngster with just 13k. that early water pump rumor bothers me too....

6Back to top Go down   wtb k100 lt Empty Re: wtb k100 lt on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:28 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
well mine is still going strong apart from all the other faults, although I suspect the death rattle on cold starting and sometimes when I try and take off quick is the start of that problem. I hope to start pulling the bike apart from the back end and do all those things I read about
but up till yesterday the weather has been great. To make you guys feel good, -3c here this morng and topped out at 5c with a savage wind. So maybe it is time to have a look inside the beast.
RT

7Back to top Go down   wtb k100 lt Empty Re: wtb k100 lt on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:25 am

RicK G

RicK G
VIP
VIP
@kartooo wrote:i guess going into winter makes a person a little loopy... at least you guy's have a sense of humor. glad it's summer here last winter was looong. after all the snow melted we still had a bunch of sand and road salt that was like marbles. hey K Freak how does that k1100lt compare to the k100lt ?? got a fjr1300 that just isn't comfortable to me. my plane jane k100 fits just right. miss the protection and gadgets i had on the LT.

Comfort wise it is just as good but it handles a lot better and is a fair bit quicker.

I rode a friends FJR once and I didn't like it at all. He was raving about it and so gave me a ride and he rode mine, he liked mine but his was just plain like sitting on an ironing board.

Mr RT it was -2 here and it is only 7 at the moment so it aint all beer and skittles up here with me head in the clouds. The guys on the very costal strip are warm but once you get to the top of the divide its cold enough to freeze the walls of a bark humpy.

8Back to top Go down   wtb k100 lt Empty Re: wtb k100 lt on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:44 am

Down to 11c last night and got almost to 20 this arvo in Narangba, but the cloud cover's keeping it from warming up much. I saw a bloke wandering the streets of Burpengary at noon with an Elmer Fudd hat on, fur lined and everything. He must be from up round the Far North of Queensland. Yeah, he was drooling on himself, he was from the Tablelands...

9Back to top Go down   wtb k100 lt Empty Re: wtb k100 lt on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:08 am

RicK G

RicK G
VIP
VIP
@Two Wheels Better wrote:Down to 11c last night and got almost to 20 this arvo in Narangba, but the cloud cover's keeping it from warming up much. I saw a bloke wandering the streets of Burpengary at noon with an Elmer Fudd hat on, fur lined and everything. He must be from up round the Far North of Queensland. Yeah, he was drooling on himself, he was from the Tablelands...
When you get west of the tablelands they got six fingers an I aint sure about toes as they never take the socks off

10Back to top Go down   wtb k100 lt Empty Re: wtb k100 lt on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:40 am

A young Tablelander groom walks up to his father at the wedding reception, looking distressed shortly after his first taste of connubial bliss behind the shed in the cane field. 'Pa', he says, eyes down, 'I'm afraid now that we've said our vows I'm going to have to ask her for a divorce!' 'A divorce!?', asks his Pa, 'Now why would you be wanting a divorce? You've just said your vows!' 'But, Pa, I've found out she's a virgin.' 'A virgin! I guess you are gunna have to get a divorce', says Pa, 'Not good enough for her own family, not good enough for ours!'

11Back to top Go down   wtb k100 lt Empty Re: wtb k100 lt on Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:11 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
affraid I knew Queenslanders were a little different.
Hey kartooo, I owned a fxjr1300 but have a dicky back and couldn't ride any distance. Since I found the RT, especially now with the Airhawk
blow up seat (as opposed to blow up doll, for yu Queenslanders) I did
600 ks on one day and for me that is a miracle. Got a bit thirsty at the end tho must admit, must have been the wind thru my scalp.
Cheers RT

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum