BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   1990 K100LT For Sale Empty 1990 K100LT For Sale on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:21 pm

RicK G

RicK G
VIP
VIP
1990 K100LT For Sale. 220,000km on the odo but I really don't know if that is right.
Engine has approx 60,000km on it as it was replaced after PO didn't know to check the shims and cooked two valves It was replaced with an engine that had done 17,000km.
Gearbox is in exceptionally good condition for 220,000km and has had new bearings and seals recently. The exceptional condition of the gearbox is why I am not sure of the kms being correct. I suspect the speedo unit was replaced at some stage.
Clutch was been replaced at the same time the gearbox was done and the rear main seal was replaced at the same time as it was the problem to start with and leaked oil on the clutch.
Rear Drive is original and is good, the splines have been lubed and are in good condition as is the drive shaft.
It has new braided stainless steel brake lines, these were done when the ABS was removed because it just would not reset after a low battery caused the usual problem and the flashing lights were driving me nuts. Most of the ABS stuff has been sold so it doesn't go with it.
This was a Victorian police bike but has been repainted Grey Metalic.
Rear master cylinder was recently resleeved about 1 month ago.
Tyre are good front about 2/3 left and rear almost new (about 600kms).
Has large panniers and 42 litre top box to match. I have the original pannier mounts but not the panniers as they committed suiside, one in front of a road train and the other on a busy motorway and both died a very very painful death.
Battery a sealed type gel and is about a year old and is smaller than the original as that was all I could get at the time.
The screen is only 2 years old and in really good shape.
Everything works well and it is in good shape all round.
I would have no hesitation in giving it a compleate service then riding it round Oz.
I am only selling because I have acquired a K1100LT and there is just not enough room in the shed for all my bikes and this is the spare one so it has to go.

The bike is the one pictured in the avatar. I can supply more on request.

You can be the proud owner of this magnificent beast for the insignificant sum of $2800 AUD
The Camper is also for sale

2Back to top Go down   1990 K100LT For Sale Empty Re: 1990 K100LT For Sale on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:49 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
Sorry to hear you are selling. It's easier to extend the shed. 1990 K100LT For Sale 44271 How much for the camper?

VIN # 0097704

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

3Back to top Go down   1990 K100LT For Sale Empty Re: 1990 K100LT For Sale on Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:39 am

RicK G

RicK G
VIP
VIP
@CanberraDave wrote:Sorry to hear you are selling. It's easier to extend the shed. 1990 K100LT For Sale 44271 How much for the camper?
SWMBO says it must go and Dave there is a PM for you

4Back to top Go down   1990 K100LT For Sale Empty Re: 1990 K100LT For Sale on Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:32 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
I must be getting some age on ...I recognised the Rumpole Quote after a moment or two. im sure she will go to a good home.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum