BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Oh! WOW! Things you find on ebay. Empty Oh! WOW! Things you find on ebay. on Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:30 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Found This today. just thought it might be of interest to someone. My very first bike was a Side car!

2Back to top Go down   Oh! WOW! Things you find on ebay. Empty Re: Oh! WOW! Things you find on ebay. on Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:37 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Nice find Alby, good looking bike well set up and those forks always look the part. I have had a couple of outfits myself, I like them.

BIG D

3Back to top Go down   Oh! WOW! Things you find on ebay. Empty Re: Oh! WOW! Things you find on ebay. on Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:12 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
quite interesting stuff alby ........thanks ..never seen those kinds of mods before

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%OOh! WOW! Things you find on ebay. Au-log10

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..

4Back to top Go down   Oh! WOW! Things you find on ebay. Empty Re: Oh! WOW! Things you find on ebay. on Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:31 pm

Those who remember the pre-'70 Airheads will know about the Earles Fork arrangement that wasn't the best in a sporting riding mode but worked a charm with a sidecar. This leading link suspension design worked well on these bikes for the average German family after the war as transportation when cars were still rare and the economy struggled during the rebuild of the country. Any good sidecar rig uses this type of front suspension to this day.

Oh! WOW! Things you find on ebay. Earles10

Oh! WOW! Things you find on ebay. Earles11

5Back to top Go down   Oh! WOW! Things you find on ebay. Empty Re: Oh! WOW! Things you find on ebay. on Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:32 am

RicK G

RicK G
VIP
VIP
I have seen that outfit somewhere but I cant for the life of me remember where, probably at a Ulysses rally somewhere.
Those earls link front end were a very stable front suspension but they wern't popular as they were considered ugly by most.
BMW was apparently hoping they would become the front end of the future but they just didn't take off and the teledraulic fork as it was known then took over and after s few years of persisting with the design BMW gave in to common sense and gave the public what they wanted instead of the usual BMW attitude of Ve know Vot is best and you Vill use it or go elsewhere.
They sort of reminded me of having a plow collar on a race horse, they were ungainly looking things.

6Back to top Go down   Oh! WOW! Things you find on ebay. Empty Re: Oh! WOW! Things you find on ebay. on Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:26 pm

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Most large outfits in the UK and Europe are fitted with these Earles type forks manufacturers like Hedingham and Eml fit them.

BIG D

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum