BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
After seeing what a great job OGs lil ultrasonic cleaner was doing, I went got myself one. Love it. he is quite right, so much easier. trouble is I liked it a lil too much and found myself to now be the proud owner and gloater of a 500w 30ltr unit. Now I will be able to clean most parts of teh bike. radiator, fan,throttle bodies, carbies,injectors, pistons, rocker cover ect.. Even my old nissan ute parts will fit. i will post its performance once I have tested it with the correct chemicals. it seems there is no shortage work mates with lil jobs for me suddenly.

Influenced buy Oldgoat. Ultrasonic cleaner Lil_cl11

Last edited by Albyalbatross1 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Hmmmm thinking of one myself so I shall keep an eye on the thread.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
wow !!!! alby thats amazing .....grin

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Just outstanding mate! Very Happy After you try one there is just no going back! I soo want to get a bigger one, but haven't put aside the funds for it yet. I'll be eagerly looking forward to your usage report and what chemicals you select.

Enjoy!

OG

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Brilliant!

When can we start sendin' ya stuff! Very Happy

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Looks like you can cook your chips in it as well. I,m impressed.
RT

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Ultrasonic chips,.....it`s not good for your digestion.bounce

Inge K.

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
I so want one!!!!! He with the most toys/tools wins you know.

VIN # 0097704

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Influenced buy Oldgoat. Ultrasonic cleaner 44271

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Inge K. wrote:Ultrasonic chips,.....it`s not good for your digestion.bounce

Inge K.

You orta try silicone chips Blech!!!

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
When can we start sendin' ya stuff!

I have some ideas on that once I have gotten through the learning curve!

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Details Details enquiring minds want to know, how much did it cost and what wattage is it? it looks magnificent.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Details coming soon..takes time to follow a pro see dure study

14Back to top Go down   Influenced buy Oldgoat. Ultrasonic cleaner Empty Influenced by old goat Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:00 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Ok, Here is some of the up front details
After talking to Miss kelley she sold me one for AUD$649.00 delivered.
Certification:CE
Feature:Non-Toxic
Fuel:Electric
Cleaning Process:Solvent Cleaning
Material:Metal / Coil
Model Number:JP-100S
tank material:SUS304
timer:0~30min,adjustable,digital
heater:0~80C,adjustable,digital
power supply:110~240V
stainless steel basket:optional (but included)

ultrasonic power:500W
ultrasonic transducer:10pcs
tank capacity:30L with 3/8 drain tap.

Also a stainless lid.
Influenced buy Oldgoat. Ultrasonic cleaner Resize10

I bought this unit from Miss kellies'online
Goodclean Tool,s Store as she was fast to respond and answer my questions. Also She takes PayPal and the EMS shipper acts as Escrow so your money is held untill you receve the goods. Shipping was about eight working days.

As for performance, I goofed a bit and ordered detergent!! Not degreaser. The Chem I ordered was 815 GD is a standard immersion and ultrasonic detergent cleaner - (thatll learn me to order while tired.
I meant to order 815QR a Heavy Duty immersion and ultrasonic detergent cleaner -PDF Here . Safe for a lot of Alloys!!!
It worked out around $23.00 a tank I looked into Simple Green as well. nearly Chocked!! At a ratio of 1:1 for heavy duty cleaning, not cheap.

Here is a pic of the Foil Test to check that all is working sound wise. Notice the perferations in the foil? not wise to put fingers in tank while running.
Influenced buy Oldgoat. Ultrasonic cleaner Foilte10

The tank drains well but It would be better if it was dished? around the drain hole to help remove sediment.
Influenced buy Oldgoat. Ultrasonic cleaner Resize11

I had an old carby lying around that had some junk in it and on it.
Before...Influenced buy Oldgoat. Ultrasonic cleaner Gunk210
Influenced buy Oldgoat. Ultrasonic cleaner Gunk10

And after ,,Influenced buy Oldgoat. Ultrasonic cleaner After10
Influenced buy Oldgoat. Ultrasonic cleaner Aftera10

Some of the deep cavities stil had some oxidisation and the alloy was stained from age. This can be removed with soda blasting. The valves now all work freely and all springs as well. i am just going to have to wait for a reason to pull bike apart before i can drop some of her parts in. Any really heavy grease needs to washed off first. I have come to teh
conclusion that this is a part of the process that can determine the
results. I dropped one of the foot peg brackets in with car wash and it came up fairly clean. i am sure I have missed a lot, so Any questions please ask.

Last edited by Albyalbatross1 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot a few details on unit.)

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
Nice write up Alby. Now I so really really want one!!! Do I get the cleaner or a compressor first? Decisions Decisions!!!!!

VIN # 0097704

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
I got a compressor first! Not big enough. Didnt listen to mad mechanic mate.."get the biggest you can afford" Should have got at least 15cfm, that way I could be soda blasting as well.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hehe ...you guys ......!!!!

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
More power. RRRhhhh RRRRhhhh

VIN # 0097704

colesy

Here's a win win.
Some time ago I bought my darling wife a small ultrasonic "jewellery cleaner". It works well. Placing injectors etc in ziplock bak bags means I now have access to an ultrasonic cleaner and I have scored brownie points doing it. This doesn't happen very often. Having read this I guess I now need to buy a very big piece of jewellery thats not too expensive ..........................

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
woohoo colesy ...always good to have a plan mate ....for swmbo ....it makes perfect sence .....um ..... if you got her thinking right .....grin

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
good plan!!! Just be sure not to get caught with parts in things other than zip lock bags!!! theres something about using her storage containers for bits she dont like!!

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Lol! Soo true...

GF Wollongong

GF Wollongong
Platinum member
Platinum member
Picking up on an old thread here...

Got a $40 second hand 3.2L digital ultrasonic cleaner today. Poured in the fluid (had bought some a while ago from an electrical store) and started the noisy little bastard up.

I am working on brake master cylinders on a recent neglected acquisition. Overall, I am impressed with the cleaning and recommend them to others. Managed to resurrect front and rear MCs as well as removing staining on the fluid reservoir. The crystalised crud and surface rust cleared up satisfactorily.

Below is a useful link which should help finesse usage - as well as suggestions earlier on in the post.

I notice different people suggest different fluids. Notice that the link asks you to consider what the contaminant is first (ie. what are you actually removing?) - sometimes we (... ME!...) just think that one fluid will do all jobs.

Got me thinking... what about white vinegar, degreaser, cat's piss etc etc

https://www.tovatech.com/blog/25879/ultrasonic-cleaner/selecting-ultrasonic-cleaning-solutions

Guy

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
I bought the wife a Aldi ultrasonic jewelry cleaner which now resides in the garage. I have run it with injector cleaner that worked with most injectors. However one set given to me by a mate refused to unblock. I was talking to a local injector guy and he let me into what liquid they use to clean, acrylic thinners which is cheaper and more effective. It worked on the really blocked up injectors and they ended up with a perfect pattern. Do not use acrylic thinners in the ultrasonic cleaner especially if it's got a plastic lid. They come up new from Aldi a couple of times a year for around $30.00 Au. It has worked well on most things but especially switches.
Regards Martin.

GF Wollongong

GF Wollongong
Platinum member
Platinum member
Thanks Martin

I'm off to Bunnings this morning. Acrylic thinners it is (for the injectors).

I'm using ultrasonic cleaner at the moment (Jaycar) but it just feels very soapy ... suggesting that I could use dishwashing liquid (us Australians 50yrs + would remember that terrible Parmolive advert from the 70s ..."dishwashing liquid!...you're soaking in it".

I will try some other liquids and report back - I do have about 10L of white vinegar currently sitting in a fuel tank

GF

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Thinners worked well but melted the lid on a unnamed persons wife's jewelry cleaner. It did eventually solidify. Influenced buy Oldgoat. Ultrasonic cleaner 652573 I've found that you really need to activate the injectors while cleaning them. I bought a injector pulsar off Aliexpress for around $30.00AU, there are also plans online on how to construct one.  I also found that you can just soak them in thinners and activate them a couple of times them finish them off in the ultrasonic with water and detergent  or vinegar. Be carefully not to have open flames or sparks around while using anything highly flammable. Somethings work better on certain things you have to play around to find out what works with what.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum