BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Best place to shop?? Empty Best place to shop?? Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:37 am

hot_seat

hot_seat
Being in little old New Zealand there isn't a huge selection of parts and access unless you pay $$$ for genuin parts imported,i sometimes use motorbins in UK but the currency conversion isn't pleasent and links from Aus or USA where my $$ can get alittle more would be great,so long as they would ship to the colonies

Great

Tony

2Back to top Go down   Best place to shop?? Empty Re: Best place to shop?? Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:59 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Motobins is the place that quite a few Aussies shop including me also motoworks in UK is not too bad and another place I just found out about a week or so back

http://www.james-sherlock.co.uk/default.asp

Second hand gear is usually available via fleabay but there seem to be a few places saying they only sell to the US lately.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   Best place to shop?? Empty Re: Best place to shop?? Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:14 am

geordnz

geordnz
Silver member
Silver member
The problem with the UK and USA is the cost or freight to NZ. I'd be interested to know if there are K-wreckers in Aus???? For those in NZ, I'm loath to tell you my source, but since you have all been so helpful, Mount Motorcycles in Tauranga are the local BMW bike agent. They are in Mt Maunganui. They are one of the few authorised BMW Bike agents in NZ. They do second hand parts and wreck the odd bike as well. They don't have a website, so you have to ring them. I managed to get a replacement 4way flasher switch (hazard warning to us) and the part to make my side stand stay down. Also got a replacement catch for the panniers that was cracked. Very helpful people.

4Back to top Go down   Best place to shop?? Empty Re: Best place to shop?? Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:19 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
yep! james Sherlock is pretty good. They even let you know if they can save you on postage by breaking order into smaller parcels!!

5Back to top Go down   Best place to shop?? Empty Re: Best place to shop?? Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:26 pm

I've had very good luck on eBay in the USA, UK and Australia, as well as Discount Motorcycle Wreckers in Melbourne and South West Motorcycle Wreckers in Sydney.

With the last two I've found the key is to e-mail them first, then call to hash out a better price. Both have been accommodating.

The key to eBay, and I say this having traded on there for over 11 years, is to e-mail the seller on their local site, e.g. ebay.co.uk, and ask the pertinent questions. Once the seller knows you're not a tyre kicker, they'll usually make an effort to offer international shipping even if the auction says local postage only.

Hope that helps.

Alex.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum