BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   K75C bars wanted.. long shot I know Empty K75C bars wanted.. long shot I know on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:34 am

ushes

ushes
Hi Guys,

First post on the forum. I've just returned to two wheels after a break of 20yrs! and just got myself a very low mileage (22K) 1990 K100RS 16V and I've clocked about 500miles since I got it. Love the bike but the bars are not comfortable. Read various posts about fitting K75C bars or barbacks. So long shot... Anyone got any ?

Cheers

Steve

2Back to top Go down   K75C bars wanted.. long shot I know Empty Re: K75C bars wanted.. long shot I know on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:07 am

Grab some 25mm+ high, 22mm diametre 'bar risers from a variety of sources. I've done this to my RS and it's comfy over 750 to 1000 km days. By raising the 'bars just slightly you are also bringing them back towards you a bit. Try Touratech. You'll need to pop rivet the handlebar pad with a short strip of metal otherwise it won't fit. Not a good look and not practical with the ignition switch's location.

K75C bars wanted.. long shot I know Risers10
K75C bars wanted.. long shot I know Risers11

3Back to top Go down   K75C bars wanted.. long shot I know Empty Re: K75C bars wanted.. long shot I know on Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:29 pm

ushes

ushes
Thankyou. I did think about these bar risers but I didn't think that they would give enough lift. That said it may be the only alternative if the K75C bars are no longer available. I'll have a look at them anyway.

Many Thanks

4Back to top Go down   K75C bars wanted.. long shot I know Empty Re: K75C bars wanted.. long shot I know on Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:02 pm

You have an RS, and given that the K75C bars are fairly high in comparo you might not have enough room to move those 'bars lock to lock without whacking into some plastic. Also, any amount you move the rubber-mounted bars back towards yourself using 'barbacks' will exacerbate the already rubbery feeling these bikes have when giving it some cane through the bendy bits. Then there's having to buy new cables and that all-important short hydraulic brake line that runs down through the steering head...and on and on. If you go up a small amount it's amazing how much pressure is taken off your wrists and the more relaxed position might be just right. It's also the cheapest and easiest way to go, first try.

One more thing, the risers I've pictured are offered in from 25mm to 50+mm heights. Don't block the view of the gauges and be careful or all you'll be looking at in the mirrors is your elbows. Your bike being a 16V, it might already have the black plastic mirror spacers fitted which came standard on the K1100.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum