BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Early complete RT fairing wanted! Empty Early complete RT fairing wanted! on Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:48 am

Hi all,

I'm having no end of bother with this, so any help would be gratefully appreciated as always.

I'm on the hunt for a complete RT fairing (upper cockpit, screen, lower halves, radiator cover, glove boxes etc), but must be in good nick. Don't care what colour it is (or indeed if it's one complete fairing, or sourced from all over the place), as long as the mounting points, tabs etc are all in good working order.

Cheers, Alex.

2Back to top Go down   Early complete RT fairing wanted! Empty RT fairing on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:37 am

ed1955

Alex, I have what you're looking for. Go to this link for pix and description. Also have the correct handlebars if needed. I'm brand new on this forum so I can't send you a link to the Atlanta,GA craigslist site. but there are pix and description there, just look under motorcyles and spec BMWs to see it.

http://www.cycletreasures.net

3Back to top Go down   Early complete RT fairing wanted! Empty Re: Early complete RT fairing wanted! on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:47 am

Cheers mate it is exactly what I'm after but there's no contact email address for the seller, and I don't reside in the USA. Any thoughts how to track down an email address?

4Back to top Go down   Early complete RT fairing wanted! Empty RT fairing on Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:21 am

ed1955

Oops you're right Alex. I'm new on site here and as such am not yet allowed to post my email address either. I have a website called cycletreasures dot net with my contact info. Maybe that will work.

Ed

I'm in Atlanta, GA USA

http://www.cycletreasures.net

5Back to top Go down   Early complete RT fairing wanted! Empty Re: Early complete RT fairing wanted! on Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:31 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
ed you might use the pm (private message) system click on the pm symbol under alex's signature ..(on the right hand side ) and go from there .

hope that helps

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%OEarly complete RT fairing wanted! Au-log10

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..

6Back to top Go down   Early complete RT fairing wanted! Empty better than stock r/t on Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:11 pm

mikeeeee

i don't want to stir the pot but about 10 years ago i had an r/t with all the bad fairing mounts.

after i figured out what the cost was and what the result was, i bought a hannigan fairing.

lighter, more aerodynamic, way more storage and better looking.

http://www.hanniganmotorcyclefairings.com/main.html

7Back to top Go down   Early complete RT fairing wanted! Empty Re: Early complete RT fairing wanted! on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:43 pm

@ed1955 wrote:Oops you're right Alex. I'm new on site here and as such am not yet allowed to post my email address either. I have a website called cycletreasures dot net with my contact info. Maybe that will work.

Ed

I'm in Atlanta, GA USA

Hi Ed,

I've sent you a few e-mails about the fairings. I'll take the lot for the price you offered, and happy to make payment today, but need to know the difference in price between air and ocean freight before transferring funds.

Please send me a PM or e-mail me directly on alex@alexmccarthy.com

8Back to top Go down   Early complete RT fairing wanted! Empty Re: Early complete RT fairing wanted! on Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:08 am

Unfortunately, our friend in Atlanta, GA didn't work out (despite much prompting), so it looks like I'm off to the Fatherland in search of a decent set of fairings.

9Back to top Go down   Early complete RT fairing wanted! Empty Re: Early complete RT fairing wanted! on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:49 am

zaff

PM sent

10Back to top Go down   Early complete RT fairing wanted! Empty Re: Early complete RT fairing wanted! on Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:11 pm

PM responded to. Any chance I could pop over today for a peek?

11Back to top Go down   Early complete RT fairing wanted! Empty Re: Early complete RT fairing wanted! on Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:28 pm

scabzzzz

Not sure if this helps you or not, but I have a complete RS fairing kit from 85 model. Everything, in great shape with all hardware and mounts. Missing mirrors however. Everything is black primer at the moment. Im in the USA, but I dont mind shipping overseas.

Feel free to use the PM options from this forum and Ill respond immediately via email.

12Back to top Go down   Early complete RT fairing wanted! Empty Re: Early complete RT fairing wanted! on Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:27 pm

@scabzzzz wrote:Not sure if this helps you or not, but I have a complete RS fairing kit from 85 model. Everything, in great shape with all hardware and mounts. Missing mirrors however. Everything is black primer at the moment. Im in the USA, but I dont mind shipping overseas.

Feel free to use the PM options from this forum and Ill respond immediately via email.

Many thanks for the offer, but I'm after an RT fairing.

13Back to top Go down   Early complete RT fairing wanted! Empty Re: Early complete RT fairing wanted! on Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:54 pm

Well, more good news from this weekend. I've sourced a complete 1985 fairing in rather good condition as part of a purchase of a 1988 K100RT. the bike actually runs (although it has, what I suspect is, an output shaft rattlelike a 40 a day smokers cough).

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum