BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hi all,

I'm on the home stretch with the restoration of my 1984 K100 RT TIC, but having a beast of a time trying to find the above so, as usual, any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Please note, the "official vehicle" front engine protection bars are different than their civilian counterparts as they have mounting lugs/tabs which hang down from the horizontals. According to realoem.com I'm looking for either this:

01 ENGINE PROTECTION BAR SET CR 1 46719059053

or these:

02 LEFT ENGINE PROTECTION BAR CR 1 46712303081
03 RIGHT ENGINE PROTECTION BAR CR 1 46712303082

Of course, I'll also need a full set of mounting hardware.

Cheers, Alex.

Hi again,

I've acquired half a set (front and back) as part of a recent eBay purchase, but still need the other half.

Any thoughts?

Hi again all,

Anyone have any leads on acquiring the front set, or even a right side official bar?

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
sorry alex none seen by me ......good luck ..hope you find them soon

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%OK100 RT "Official Vehicle/Police" Front Engine Protection/Crash Bars wanted Au-log10

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..

Toto_jp

Platinum member
Platinum member
Alex have you thought about getting the other side made up and chromed???
may be easier and quicker too

@Toto_jp wrote:Alex have you thought about getting the other side made up and chromed???
may be easier and quicker too

I was toying with the idea, only the weld where the bar was repaired is a bit tatty.

Toto_jp

Platinum member
Platinum member
maybe try finding a decent engineer shop get them to grind it out and reweld for flat finish then rechrome

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
not an impossible task .... go for it alex

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%OK100 RT "Official Vehicle/Police" Front Engine Protection/Crash Bars wanted Au-log10

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..

@Toto_jp wrote:maybe try finding a decent engineer shop get them to grind it out and reweld for flat finish then rechrome

With the emphasis on decent, it might be a bit of an ask, but I think I'm heading in that direction as trying to track down a complete set seems to be impossible.

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
I bought a set of normal bars from Metropolitan M/C Spares in Silverwater 0297487400 a few years ago. Also try Discount M/C Wreckers in Nth Coburg 0393504417, they tend to specialize in bmw. Good luck.

Good news, everyone (and especially good news for me). I found a right side bar with mounting hardware in recent shape during a weekend visit on which I purchased a 1988 K100RT (ostensibly for parts). Pictures to come soon.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
yay !!!

Right side crash bar has been installed and looks passably good, from a distance. Will definitely be getting both bars blasted and re-chromed before they get installed on the restoration machine.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum