BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   The nitty gritty Empty The nitty gritty Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:09 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I am trying to get info on the software/firmware of the ECUs and any other info like how to change it etc. Can anyone help with startin points as I am comming up with dead ends. study

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

2Back to top Go down   The nitty gritty Empty Re: The nitty gritty Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:54 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
for the k or the k1100 mate ?

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   The nitty gritty Empty Re: The nitty gritty Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:24 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Was the ECU built and developed by BMW or was it part of the Bosch deal with the injection system? Could Bosch help you?

4Back to top Go down   The nitty gritty Empty Re: The nitty gritty Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:15 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I have just got some info about the Bosch system that is very negative (getting info from Bosch does not happen) and have decided to investigate another avenue.
I sort of figured that it may be the case with Bosch and will now investigate the Mega Squirt system which is open source.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

5Back to top Go down   The nitty gritty Empty Re: The nitty gritty Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:52 pm

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Mate anyone who can fiddle with that stuff impresses the hell outa me. Even when we had the Dyno here at work it was always intersesting to see what you could do with ECU's and the like.

I can make metal hot and bend/weld it ,build turbo manifolds etc. But all i know about that electrics stuff is once you let the smoke out you can't put it back in Wink .

Don't give in to the Black Dog!
"A Zorst, a zorst my kingdom for a Zorst"

The nitty gritty 170874

6Back to top Go down   The nitty gritty Empty Re: The nitty gritty Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:22 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Yep computers...positive to begin with, ending up very negative.

7Back to top Go down   The nitty gritty Empty Re: The nitty gritty Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:10 am

Life time member
Life time member
caferacer62 wrote: But all i know about that electrics stuff is once you let the smoke out you can't put it back in Wink .

Maybe a jar of this would help Razz

url=https://servimg.com/view/16818459/28]The nitty gritty Lucas_10[/url]

8Back to top Go down   The nitty gritty Empty Re: The nitty gritty Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:45 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
lol ....Very Happy

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

9Back to top Go down   The nitty gritty Empty Re: The nitty gritty Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:03 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
saw a k75 + turbo ...project on there k-freak ....pitty there wasnt just the old plain jane k100 .....but maybe this is for the kwaka ? didnt look for it

10Back to top Go down   The nitty gritty Empty Re: The nitty gritty Fri May 24, 2013 2:05 am

MikeisonTV

MikeisonTV
Silver member
Silver member
Rick G...Well I'm only 2 years behind this post, but I just joined the forum and the technology just is getting increasingly more possible everyday.

I had my 08' Yamaha R6's ECU flashed at Flash-Tune and it made all the difference!!!
http://www.flash-tune.com

Flashing the ECU removed all the factory power restrictions, mapped better performance for the Leo Vince race exhaust I added and just made the damn thing idle and react smoother. (replaces the popular power commander)

I spoke with Chris the owner there and he is hacking the BMW computers as we speak but no direct window when he will have the software stable enough to be sold at the consumer level.

Best believe I'll be all over that and will post if it ever comes to fruition.

11Back to top Go down   The nitty gritty Empty Re: The nitty gritty Fri May 24, 2013 4:37 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I am slowly working away on that but it goes on the back burner every time something else happens.
Been talking with a guy in Sanfrancisco (?) about the mega squirt he has put on a K75 and from what he says what a difference.
I am looking at putting 2 K75 Throttle Bodies on my Z1300 Z1400 Kawasaki six.

12Back to top Go down   The nitty gritty Empty Does Rick Fri May 24, 2013 12:18 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
Does RickG ever sleep????
I have never seen a fellow with so many side projects running at the same time & I get confused about what's going on when.
Do I have it correct that it is he that was struggling with the head bolts to obtain a spare exh. valve to re-use in his everyday cyl head & do it fast so he could get it ready to go on some upcoming journey (with his bird?).
At one point I thought the trip was a wash because time ran out to fix the valve.
Is this guy married? Does he ever come in from the shed?
Reminds me of those guys that have an airplane......they have a couch in the hanger and that's where they live.

13Back to top Go down   The nitty gritty Empty Re: The nitty gritty Sat May 25, 2013 2:05 am

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
No he's not allowed/ Remember he tripped with an armfull of wood the last time he went inside. Oh year its nearly winter again, must be time for more wood eh Rick

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

14Back to top Go down   The nitty gritty Empty Re: The nitty gritty Sat May 25, 2013 4:35 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
K75cster wrote:No he's not allowed/ Remember he tripped with an armfull of wood the last time he went inside. Oh year its nearly winter again, must be time for more wood eh Rick
Yes I sleep every now and then and don't remind me about going inside with the fire wood.
I am retired so going to work no longer has anything to do with my life. But sometimes I wonder just how the heck did I ever find time to have a job.

15Back to top Go down   The nitty gritty Empty Re: The nitty gritty Sun May 26, 2013 1:15 pm

CommanderKewl

CommanderKewl
Silver member
Silver member
RicK G wrote:
K75cster wrote:No he's not allowed/ Remember he tripped with an armfull of wood the last time he went inside. Oh year its nearly winter again, must be time for more wood eh Rick
Yes I sleep every now and then and don't remind me about going inside with the fire wood.
I am retired so going to work no longer has anything to do with my life. But sometimes I wonder just how the heck did I ever find time to have a job.

So this is the question my wifey asks of me.. Maybe its time to ask you the same Rick.... What do you want to be when you grow up? lol! Surprised--o:

16Back to top Go down   The nitty gritty Empty Re: The nitty gritty Mon May 27, 2013 12:33 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I have absolutely no intention of ever growing up. Growing old is a given but growing up is optional.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum