BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Halo

Life time member
Life time member
One of the beauties of this forum is whilst we live all over the world this forum unites us, personally this is a great buzz as whilst I enjoy the journey with my K bike I am able to share this with others, just as others can share theirs with me. Bring this unity one step closer by posting both you & your bikes dwelling.

I live in Tremont in Victoria Australia just in the South Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne, Tremont is in the Dandenongs ajaycent to the state forest a piece of paradise in the hills. Below is a couple of pictures of my house and my converted little garden shed that is now my K bikes restoration workshop.

Last edited by Halo_player on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Albyalbatross1

Life time member
Life time member
This be where things happen. My friends call it TheHe'sMadLab .There could be anything going on in here at any time. May even be a refit in a Steampunk theme.

This is a bit of the Victorian/Modern theme that is being planned.

James

Silver member
Silver member
Where I spent my winter :smoke:
...spent more time working than cleaning

sidecar paul

Life time member
Life time member
Not in the idylic forests where you are Halo, but here's where I spend my days. Insulated, heated and carpeted..... a happy place. Very Happy

Paul.

Halo

Life time member
Life time member
Fantastic Paul what a setup! I see some lovely man toys around as well.

dee why

Gold member
Gold member
Ooooh Paul....
I know I should mention the Vincent ... but tell us about the steam engine please.
Cheers,
Dee Why

sidecar paul

Life time member
Life time member
Hi dee why,
It's a 3" scale (3" to 1') Allchin general purpose traction engine and I'm about 3/4 through building a 1 1/2" model of the same engine. You can spot the cylinder on the bench. I've got loads of model engineering things so maybe I'll put some of them in 'off topic' some time if you are interested.

It's always had a K connection!

Paul.

Crazy Frog

admin
admin
Yes we are very interested.
Don't hesitate to post it

CF

dee why

Gold member
Gold member
Thanks Paul.
Dee Why

Halo

Life time member
Life time member
Absolutely fantastic Paul I just love the shot of the engine on the trailer behind your K bike, I tell you that is both inspiring and amazing dedication to the K bike clan.

Halo

Last edited by Halo_player on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

Life time member
Life time member
This is home...rural Ireland in the snow...

The man cave....

No carpet, except a scrap to lie on under the car. No Heating, except upstairs which is my office/study!

The convertible rangie is a rare motor I'm doing some work on for a mate..with a verrry sweet V8.

88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

Bike: K100LT 1988. 0172363. AKA the Bullion Brick!
Mods: k1100 screen and stands

K1100rs 1995, Remus exhaust.

Halo

Life time member
Life time member
Brillant looking house and good workshop area 88KE, cant imagine what temperature it gets in there in winter !. Where I am is on average 7 deg C less than melbourne but don't think I will be complaining about the cold anymore as winter wouldn't get below 10 Deg C at worst I believe for me.

Life time member
Life time member
Halo_player wrote:Brillant looking house and good workshop area 88KE, cant imagine what temperature it gets in there in winter !. Where I am is on average 7 deg C less than melbourne but don't think I will be complaining about the cold anymore as winter wouldn't get below 10 Deg C at worst I believe for me.

Thanks Halo. That snow pic was taken last year which was an exceptionally cold one by our standards. I've had some very good winter riding this winter. Once it stays above 3degrees my winter gear is up to the job. Below that the risk of ground frost keeps me on 4 wheels.
88KE

AL-58

Life time member
Life time member
I live in the lower Blue Mountains, to the west of Sydney. We sit at an altitude of 260m, north and west of me is bushland which is great except for when we have that hot, dry weather and you worry about the fires. The house is fairly new as the previous one was badly damaged by a fire (not a bushfire)

The RS16v, Yamaha Super Tenere and K100RS sidecar tucked up the back,

Maries F650GS (800cc twin) and R1150R.

'87 K100RT with Paralever backend

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

Mossy1200

Platinum member
Platinum member
Got the man cave.

charlie99

VIP
VIP
got a leanto

just for wet weather you understand .....oh ...and really hot days above 35 c... garn made you laugh ...I hope

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O

Crazy Frog

admin
admin
This is my shed (storage area for the 2 solo bikes, snow blower, lawnmower, patio furnitures....).
FYI, the shed is not insulated, and there is no way to work on the bikes during the winter.

When it's time to do extensive work, I take the bike(s) in my basement. This is quite a job as I have to use a 14ft ramp. When the bike is in, it stays for the rest of the winter.

Rickmeister

Life time member
Life time member
Well, it's true!! The K pox is a real thing. Since my ankle job about two months ago, the Yellow Peril has been sitting up in the Cave, unloved, not used, neglected, alone, when...all of a sudden, she's got company!! Now, every one is happy. I hope to be fully-ish mobile early next year, the Yellow Peril's got company, I'll be happy. Seriously thinking about going down the white look (White Knight!) and away from the Yellow Peril.

Also, sorry about the state of mess in the cave, it'll tidy up as soon as I get into the White Knight.

Managed to get a couple of LTs, one 1986 and the white one, 1991, ex police. Bro Tom is "restoring" his newly acquired K100, and is in possession of the 1986 LT. Really looking forward to pulling things apart, with gay abandon, to see how easy or difficult it really is. The white one has 144,000Km on the clock. I will use it as a spares bike, as the Yellow One is still going well (at least the last time that I rode it a couple of months ago) I believe in the old saying, "if it ain't broke..."

ainsjac

Life time member
Life time member
Well I better get into the picture as well.

These are the beasts, as well as my wife's "BMW" scooter.

Fairly basic garage....just after I cleaned up

Be made

Life time member
Life time member
No Man Cave as such but my Renter DOES come with a garage, which Mr Motorcycle gets to share with the 4 wheeler (much to my disgust)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum