BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   The Sad Passing of Common Sense Empty The Sad Passing of Common Sense Tue May 08, 2012 9:42 pm

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.
He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life isn't always fair, and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not children, are in charge). His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer Panadol, sun lotion or a sticky plaster to a student; but, could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar can sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realise that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by three stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, Someone Else is to Blame, and I'm A Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realised he was gone.

2Back to top Go down   The Sad Passing of Common Sense Empty Re: The Sad Passing of Common Sense Tue May 08, 2012 10:27 pm

beanoldboy

beanoldboy
Life time member
Life time member
a true and timely testament to our old friend, common sense, not so common anymore. gone but not forgotten.

http://www.airware.com.au

3Back to top Go down   The Sad Passing of Common Sense Empty Re: The Sad Passing of Common Sense Tue May 08, 2012 11:20 pm

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
"Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to
realise that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in
her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement."

This actually happened. I was visiting Albuquerque, New Mexico in the early-'90s, and about to move there. A 'little old lady' was a passenger in a car stopped at a Macca's drive up window with the cup between her legs. She spilt it and it scalded her - because we like our coffee hot. She successfully sued McDonald's and from then on a gentle warning appeared on everything from baby food jars to how close the image is in the rearview mirror. Anything to caution us against having anything to do with taking responsibility for ourselves or to have think for ourselves ever again. The monetary reward for damages the woman received were actually a lot less than was screamed out in the newspaper headlines of the day.

Here's the link if you'd like to have a read for yourselves:
http://www.caoc.org/index.cfm?pg=facts

4Back to top Go down   The Sad Passing of Common Sense Empty Re: The Sad Passing of Common Sense Wed May 09, 2012 3:12 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
The biggest afront to common sense was a warning on a folding babys pram which said "WARNING remove child before folding."
I shall make no futher comment as words fail me.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

5Back to top Go down   The Sad Passing of Common Sense Empty Re: The Sad Passing of Common Sense Wed May 09, 2012 8:03 am

Life time member
Life time member
There's nothing common about Common Sence...perhaps that's why my Grandfather always referred to it as Horse Sence.

88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

6Back to top Go down   The Sad Passing of Common Sense Empty Re: The Sad Passing of Common Sense Wed May 09, 2012 8:09 am

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Warning sign on a Hardly Abletoo Wideload XL's rear view mirror: "Caution! Objects in the mirror are behind you."

7Back to top Go down   The Sad Passing of Common Sense Empty Re: The Sad Passing of Common Sense Thu May 10, 2012 12:17 am

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
Objects are behind me! really!! Is this one of those obvious things they tell us about. such as we all may have watched in amusement as the monkey or dog tries valiantly to find out who that is in the mirror by looking or darting about checking behind it??????? now was it one of those designer life things that darwin and the religions are prone to argue about. Hardly ferguson must have been in fits of laughter having been told to attach this to each mirror. common sense is the little copper things you use when ya cant find a dollar bill. Ooh thats right we got coins now and our cents is not worth much as they took away all below the 5cent mark. Jeez I sat around the table at work today and copped a flacking for not waving to others on my BMW (never mind its off the road) so I advised them that I would check the manual for the non digital nod and wave button, and if I cound not find it i'd set mine to manual. They stopped bagging me out then, though I dont know if they stopped because they got a response they wanted or they didnt understand the response. it would be remiss of me to mention what they ride.

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

8Back to top Go down   The Sad Passing of Common Sense Empty Re: The Sad Passing of Common Sense Fri May 11, 2012 6:47 am

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
I just thought of something else- We will all bemoan the sad passing of common sense but alas I have spent many a day with his evil twin brother non sense!! so much so that I even learnt his language Shocked Yes thats true. and I might say I have been speaking nonsense for some time since too.. he he he So that makes me bilingual.

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

9Back to top Go down   The Sad Passing of Common Sense Empty Re: The Sad Passing of Common Sense Fri May 11, 2012 10:01 pm

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
K75cster wrote:I just thought of something else- We will all bemoan the sad passing of common sense but alas I have spent many a day with his evil twin brother non sense!! so much so that I even learnt his language Shocked Yes thats true. and I might say I have been speaking nonsense for some time since too.. he he he So that makes me bilingual.

So I am not the only one - that makes me feel a whole lot better Wink

10Back to top Go down   The Sad Passing of Common Sense Empty Re: The Sad Passing of Common Sense Wed May 23, 2012 5:32 pm

boristhebike

boristhebike
VIP
VIP
'Fraid I never liked 'common sense' much, and have always shied away from it. Seems more like 'collective stupidity' to me.
The state of the world only seem to confirm this as I look around.
Banking and the bail outs, pollution, wasting resources, war mongering, macho power games. Everybody seems to go along with it, and its what is called common sense. Need I explain further?
🇳🇴

11Back to top Go down   The Sad Passing of Common Sense Empty Re: The Sad Passing of Common Sense Thu May 24, 2012 7:07 am

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
Now Now we all know that some 43 years ago the americans took off to the moon in search of intelligent life, one only presumes that they did that because there's none here on earth,Still i spent most of my youth enjoying obsurdity and irony, i guess I never lost that teenage penchant for the rediculus, maybe mad magazine's are to blame for it, but I have had plenty of dickhead moments and know plenty of girls who have had their blonde moments amounst us and have never lived them down, not realising that they all add up to a full and enjoyable life experience, after all life is an experience, your can pidgeon hole the experiences as good or bad events but experiences they are, all of them. If ya feel a dickhead moment coming on and can catch it before it overtakes you then just look east and think how fast you are going in space as you stand there hurtleing along at 12000miles a day 1 revolution of the planet, part of a homer simpson episode me thinks, na just go pull ya helmet on and go for a ride and check out how the majority of missfits live their lives, makes you wonder what might of happened if they had kept the witches and killed the rest of femaledom all those years ago,-. would their offspring behave as we/they do today???????

12Back to top Go down   The Sad Passing of Common Sense Empty Re: The Sad Passing of Common Sense Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Brickee

Brickee
Silver member
Silver member
For those of you/us that qualify, check this out:
http://www.bestrestproducts.com/p-342-common-sense-kit.aspx
And ya'll thought that that the world was coming to an end!

The good news is, I no longer have senior moments. The bad news is, now it's a constant state of mind.

13Back to top Go down   The Sad Passing of Common Sense Empty Re: The Sad Passing of Common Sense Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:13 pm

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Brilliant! Dave Peterson, the owner of Best Rest, would have an item like that in his catalogue, as his almost subtly sardonic sense of humour requires it.
The Sad Passing of Common Sense 44271

14Back to top Go down   The Sad Passing of Common Sense Empty Re: The Sad Passing of Common Sense Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:17 pm

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Brickee wrote:For those of you/us that qualify, check this out:
http://www.bestrestproducts.com/p-342-common-sense-kit.aspx
And ya'll thought that that the world was coming to an end!

Brilliant - thanks for posting the link - which incidentally I have now "borrowed" Wink

15Back to top Go down   The Sad Passing of Common Sense Empty Common Sense Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:59 am

Dennis

Dennis
Platinum member
Platinum member
Yep, good 'ol common sense,.................... not yery common, unfortunately. My wife works in the education system, don't get me started !

16Back to top Go down   The Sad Passing of Common Sense Empty Re: The Sad Passing of Common Sense Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:55 pm

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
Hey it comes with a certificate and all. Jeez the last certificate I got came after an exam. bet I would fail this one though. Baaa

P.S. just checked and there is no certificate for Nonsense maybe its part of a deploma ya do afterwards

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum