BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

rosskko

VIP
VIP
blakey wrote:Cheese flavoured, not chicken...
I read that as a statement, not a question. Cheese. Cheese. Cheese.

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
rossco wrote:
blakey wrote:Cheese flavoured, not chicken...
I read that as a statement, not a question. Cheese. Cheese. Cheese.

What's wrong with chickens, you got something against chickens I say Boy I SAY BOY YOU GOT SOMETHIN AGINST CHICKENS?

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Wow. Calm down miss Prissy. I got nuthin agin chikns. It's that big cock I worry about. Foghorn Leghorn of course.
I just don't want that cockerel anywhere near my twisties

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Cheese doesn't poop everywhere like chickens do, Foghorn!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
blakey wrote:Cheese doesn't poop everywhere like chickens do, Foghorn!
Yeah Hmmmm well Ahh git me some cheese twisties I say git me some cheese ones.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
K75cster wrote:It's time for me to advise i cant make it to the bingara Meet, Old me says I'm too old to do the wing and a prayer thing i might have tried 30years ago. So I bails and will take my time to do this right rather than rushed. Silly me wishes I didn't come to my senses. Have a great time there, i will make sure 'm at the next one all rego'd up and insured. Keith

No good Keith but the 30th aniversary of the Brick next September so there should be something going on then.

I hope this pub has some decent beer.
Not that awful Too Heys New or XXXX F&^%$ing Gold or Fosters.
Does anyone actually EAT Chicken Twisties?

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Yep they have a good selection of the amber fluid. Even I have been known to partake occasionally but only when some rehydration therapy is needed after a long ride.

Well yes, I'm only thinking of the others of course.
Wouldn't want them to suffer under poor quality libations.
What a Face

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I do like the Fosters lite ice but that regular fosters, I reckon it was invented by Sydneyites for a joke to make the Melbournites look like idiots.
No wonder they sell it overseas.

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Rick G wrote:I do like the Fosters lite ice but that regular fosters, I reckon it was invented by Sydneyites for a joke to make the Melbournites look like idiots.
No wonder they sell it overseas.

You can blame us for a lot of things, but for the sake of all things amber, please not that.

Hmmm.
Wikipedia
Power's Brewery, south of Brisbane, was taken over by CUB and is now used to brew Victoria Bitter and other Foster's Group brands in Queensland, (including Foster's Lager).

Australianbeers.com
One fine day in 1887, two yanks of Irish extraction William M. Foster and his brother Ralph R. Foster stepped off a boat in Melbourne. They had sailed from New York, USA with the dream of starting a successful brewery on the other side of the world. They set up the Fosters Brewing Company on Rokeby Street in Collingwood. The first Fosters was brewed in 1888

K1100RS 0194321

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Yeah I suppose it would be a rather dark sort of joke and I really didn't need to be reminded of that Powers brew. If anything was designed to make you see pink elephants it was that garbage.

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
I am officially ready for Bingara. I have organised to meet RT next Thursday and the fastest I had been was 90kph and was not sure if my baby would hold together.
Just went up the F3 sat on 120 no problems, back through Galston gorge, pulled up at home and she just sat there idling happily with no leaks and no sign of stress. That makes me happy.
So a ride round RT's neighbourhood on Thursday and then off on Friday.
I is a happy chappy.
rossco

At the moment I could not care what kind of beer the Imperial sells so long as I get to drink it in Bingara. November get together (Bingara - New South Wales ) - Page 5 502531

K1100RS 0194321

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
I hope no-one is washing their bike..it's not a show-and-shine.

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Ooppps Marg just washed both of them, oh well don't really matter I suppose.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
rossco wrote:I am officially ready for Bingara. I have organised to meet RT next Thursday and the fastest I had been was 90kph and was not sure if my baby would hold together.
Just went up the F3 sat on 120 no problems, back through Galston gorge, pulled up at home and she just sat there idling happily with no leaks and no sign of stress. That makes me happy.
So a ride round RT's neighbourhood on Thursday and then off on Friday.
I is a happy chappy.
rossco

At the moment I could not care what kind of beer the Imperial sells so long as I get to drink it in Bingara. November get together (Bingara - New South Wales ) - Page 5 502531

its a great ride down there rossco ...youll love the maquarie pass ...and the fantastic hospitality of the "turner" folks ..

sounds like a fantasic start to the trip

pitty our mate "rt" isnt comming along ...cheers bob ...i got 3 weeks off in december ...have an apointment for some bush bashing round christmas up in the northern rivers ....but hoping to travel to sydney for a ride and relax after ..

will be good to meeet rossco ...and dont worry about the beer ..im sure something civil can be found for the first few ...after that, it really dont matter too much what the poision is ...eh ?

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Sorry Blakey....didn't wash my bike....painted it instead!

218Back to top Go down   November get together (Bingara - New South Wales ) - Page 5 Empty October get together Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:43 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
You guys can go and have fun without me. I've been busy rebuilding the front forks on my wife's bike so we can get away at least up to Bathurst or so, it's not like I'll be bikeless.
Rear disc rotor turned up yesterday, much fatter than whats on at the moment, a solid disc tho, hope it doesn't squeal too much. So I have that to fit and the new fuel pump and new filter, so will be keeping busy trying not to think about what's going on up north.
Rossco and I will cruise round ear a bit, looking forward to that
Cheers men
RT

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
We will miss you on our little trip. Let me know about your trip down to Bathurst. When I met up with Col a few weeks ago I went to the Harris Farm Markets in Orange for fresh food order. One problem....the pumpkin decided to change positions in the pannier and the strawberries were reduced to juice. Another trip will allow me to experiment further.

Carl Lindstrom on the FB K page has it sorted... Smile

November get together (Bingara - New South Wales ) - Page 5 58118710

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
great idea,nice and neat : but definitely wouldn't be putting the milk in there on a hot day.
I left a bottle of champas in there last weekend , nearly exploded. :bom:
Ainsjac , probably should have opted for the esky on the side, sc3

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
November get together (Bingara - New South Wales ) - Page 5 10_x_110

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
gentlemen thankyou for understanding, errors are better of not made these days, A shelf in a pannier! I'll be thrown down hog tied and gobsmacked with a leather maul a shelf well I never till this day. Vlsuzuki when I look at todays bmw panniers I see an esky, so maybe that aint so far fetched an idea after all. Fancy fittimg out the new pannier types with some styrofoam or maybe just bolt on one of those engel fridges that are 8litres could just attach it and plug it in to our power socket. oh dear I'll be needing a teardrop camper soon if I keep this up, oh yeah thats right i alreadt got a towbar

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
what about one of those peltier devices (same as in engle fridges ) there cheep as chips at dick smith ...just need a little reengineering

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
Yes i must say we will redefine the label luxo tourer if we continue to follow these lines, watch out honda will be a listening, with the goldwing offering one next year, maybe i could suggest to the struggle and strife that an lt for xmas would be nice 1st one was 88 wodn it?

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
K75cster wrote:an lt for xmas would be nice 1st one was 88 wodn it?
09/86.

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
I remembered reading a Australian Two Wheels in 1988 the article was for the 1988 K100lt Titled "all the bells and whistles" so just thought it was about then, fancy them being 2 years behind

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
It was released on the Euro market 09/86.....could be different on other markets............but not 2 years behind, I`ll guess.

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Just chatting with Rickmeister and he mentioned Dunedoo. Only been there once and was looking on google maps. the town has a little red button shown on it.
If you click the button a little town description pops up.
Here is what it says.
Dunedoo NSW 2844
Australia
2:51pm Monday (GMT+11:00)
Dunedoo c-en) is a village of 836 inhabitants which are commonly found in the area's lagoons.

Is this the kind of town I want to go to?

Should that read -
Dunedoo NSW 2844
Australia
2:51pm Monday (GMT+11:00)
Dunedoo c-en) is a village of 836 inhabitants creatures which are commonly found in the area's black lagoons.

K1100RS 0194321

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Rossco, why are you so unkind? At one stage the town was going to build a huge tourist attraction...A very large toilet. Entry was to be a brown coin and you would enter through the S bend. I kid you not. On Friday you will meet me there....that may be a bigger shock.

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
K75cster wrote: Vlsuzuki when I look at todays bmw panniers I see an esky, so maybe that aint so far fetched an idea after all. Fancy fittimg out the new pannier types with some styrofoam or maybe just bolt on one of those engel fridges that are 8litres could just attach it and plug it in to our power socket. oh dear

Like this???
November get together (Bingara - New South Wales ) - Page 5 Wan_ha10

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
WOW !!!

falls on floor

at least its got a sidey on "the right side " the left

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
such a boring old road out to dunedoo from mudgee ...i recon i could fall asleep on that one . oops did i just say that aloud ?

Albyalbatross1 wrote:
K75cster wrote: Vlsuzuki when I look at todays bmw panniers I see an esky, so maybe that aint so far fetched an idea after all. Fancy fittimg out the new pannier types with some styrofoam or maybe just bolt on one of those engel fridges that are 8litres could just attach it and plug it in to our power socket. oh dear

Like this???
November get together (Bingara - New South Wales ) - Page 5 Wan_ha10

Well that's just silly. If you really need to take that much...take the bus.
Top speed?

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
does it matter seanii ? the coldies in the back arent going to get warm anytime soon huh ? grin

Last edited by charlie99 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total

I thought you just had to drink them fast before they got warm....?
Hmm....must be the company I kept....

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Sean, I thought you would be happy....after all it does have a sidecar.

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
So, which bloke in the photo do you reckon owns it?
or owns up to it?
My money is on the guy in the back with grey shirt and shorts and thongs.

Interesting placement of a plastic gerry can sitting above a rusty old exhaust like that

Just as well we can't see the fuel rail, but judging by the rest of the bike he has stolen my Rust idea.

Last edited by rossco on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total

K1100RS 0194321

ainsjac wrote:Sean, I thought you would be happy....after all it does have a sidecar.

Yes, but how much luggage does one man need? ( A bit Chekov-esque I know........but all I can think of is exploding final drives and the cornering of a zeppelin)

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
Dunnedoo has a summer lifestyle that leads one to the lagoon with a flagoon or two dont ya know. I was gobsmacked by the shelf. Now the fridge is ? hmm bigger thanexpected as for the pedal generator? and the water bottle is heated by the muffler so he can have a warm shower and oh yeah third gear is as high as she goes by the look of it. So does anyone else have any trick packing pratices????? My finest was the tupperware sandwitch box that fitted perfectly into the nook made by the z bracket and a gas bottle that fitted beside that holding everthing steady and a roll of condiments that finished off that pannier. I'll stop now as i'm going back to have another look at that outfit

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
I cant remember the name of the couple who own the monster hack. They use it for desert crossings adventure rides ect. Notice the winch setup on the chair side?? I will have look aroound and see if i can find the article again.

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
and i thought it was a genset, strewth imagine pedaling that to crank yourself out of some bulldust, must admit the fridge does look like its seen a sunset or two, must be getting lazzy or something as when I think of a desert crossing I'd conjure up a quadbike and trailer ooh a k100 quadbike now there's a thought

Albyalbatross1 wrote:I cant remember the name of the couple who own the monster hack. They use it for desert crossings adventure rides ect. Notice the winch setup on the chair side?? I will have look aroound and see if i can find the article again.

I bet every ride IS an adventure on that thing... Razz
:cyclops:

Sorry...It's only Monday and my thirst is building..... :bom:
Rossco, you mean the bloke pulling his beard sheepishly and looking away...?

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Saxon7 wrote:
Rossco, you mean the bloke pulling his beard sheepishly and looking away...?

That's the one.
He doesn't have to look at the bike like most of the rest are.

K1100RS 0194321

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
People, after tomorrow will we rename this thread as "November get together", or do we keep every one confused? People in the northern hemisphere already believe we are slow.

You mean....bring the Queenslanders forward to the 1960's??

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Well........maybe the 1950s. Don't forget this weekend....we stick together!

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Saxon7 wrote:You mean....bring the Queenslanders forward to the 1960's??

Whats.........whats wrong with the 60s man we smoked a lot of dope in the 60s we did Gees is it the 70s already hmmmm must move with the times more. howz about a mushie man they're really cool you know.

November get together (Bingara - New South Wales ) - Page 5 44271

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Sean....you were right....they are different....even speak a different language. Note that gentlemen of a certain era tend to have facial hair?

Ah Queensland.
beautiful one day.
Süd Arfrika the next!

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Keep it up guys...we know where you're sleeping Saturday night...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum