BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    Front rubber engine mounts on Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:59 pm

smoll1

Silver member
Silver member
Hi all

I have managed to get the frame sprayed at last and went to put the new front rubber engine mounts and forgot to take pictures of which way round they go.

When I work out how to download pics on here i will post let see how progress is going slowly ha:)

The mount has bmw writing on one side and the other is the mount with wider metal part.

Hope some one can help:D Very Happy

2Back to top Go down    Re: Front rubber engine mounts on Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:16 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Try going to http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fiche/PartsFiche.aspx
Make sure you have your vin number and then you can look up the exact part number.
Regards,
K-BIKE

3Back to top Go down    Re: Front rubber engine mounts on Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:17 pm

Crazy Frog

admin
admin

I cannot see any reference about the way that they are on the bike.
Are the shoulders having a different thickness?
From what I recall, they are symmetrical and I believe that they can be installed either way.

CF

4Back to top Go down    Re: Front rubber engine mounts on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:55 pm

Brickee

Silver member
Silver member
Just be aware that the frame doesn't straddle the engine, it mounts to the left side of the engine mounts looking from the front. Also, if memory serves, one of the shoulders is larger and goes to the engine side. They're a hard rubber, so what I did was to heat them up by putting them close to a halogen work lamp, coat them w grease and use a C clamp to pull/push them into the frame. It worked for me, but maybe someone else has an easier way in putting them in.

The good news is, I no longer have senior moments. The bad news is, now it's a constant state of mind.

5Back to top Go down    Re: Front rubber engine mounts on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:08 pm

Inge K.

VIP
VIP

6Back to top Go down    Re: Front rubber engine mounts on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:29 pm

kfilipow

Silver member
Silver member
Inge K. you are amazing, always have answers and pictures. Plus, by my calculation it is about 2:30 am in Norway. Must work nights.

7Back to top Go down    Re: Front rubber engine mounts on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:33 pm

RicK G

VIP
VIP
There is no night in Norway at this time of year he hibernates in winter.

Bikes 1993 K1100 LT, 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 for now

8Back to top Go down    engine mount on Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:25 am

smoll1

Silver member
Silver member
Thanks for the info all, I will fabricate the tool in the picture and see how it goes I will keep you posted Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy it was the shoulder that i was concerned with but think that answer will help.Razz

9Back to top Go down    urethane bushings on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:43 pm

woodgeek

Has anyone measured the factory rubber engine mount? Energy Suspension makes a number of universal urethane bushings. Maybe something can be used in place of the $50 factory part.

http://energysuspension.com/universal-products/link-flange-type-bushings-universal-mounts-isolators.html

10Back to top Go down    Re: Front rubber engine mounts on Fri May 04, 2018 5:52 pm

@kustom_moto

Silver member
Silver member
I must be very stupid because I cannot work out from this photo what way around this rubber grommet goes!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum