BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   FUMOTO QUICK VALVES Empty FUMOTO QUICK VALVES Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:10 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Have any of you guys seen or used these FUMOTO quick oil drain valves

www.quickvalve.co.uk They theu appear to be world wide and have a designated motorcycle application, the one for a K100 shows as being a

F-104 I had a similar item fitted to my Landrover and that worked a treat but never seen one on a bike.

BIG D

2Back to top Go down   FUMOTO QUICK VALVES Empty Re: FUMOTO QUICK VALVES Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:43 am

Agerbundsen

Agerbundsen
Silver member
Silver member
I have one on my boat engine - which is nearly inaccessible. Oil drain is now a simple matter of connecting a hose to the spigot and open the valve.

It has caused no problems in maybe 5 years of use.

Since the K-bike drain plugs do have a propensity to get stuck, it wold not be a bad idea - except mabe that they do project further down than the plag and could get damaged if you run over something. Dunno if they will fit under a bottom fairing.

3Back to top Go down   FUMOTO QUICK VALVES Empty Re: FUMOTO QUICK VALVES Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:27 pm

sidecar paul

sidecar paul
Life time member
Life time member
I would be a bit wary of extending the drain plug.

Two weeks ago, I stopped somewhere near Cambridge to water the hedge, as one does, and when I rode off the kerb to get back onto the road my sump pan clouted it.

FUMOTO QUICK VALVES Sam_0014

I'll admit that my outfit is a bit lower than a normal solo K but an extension on the drain plug would really be vulnerable.
I've now got an irritating oil weep, not serious, but annoying, from the front corner of the pan. That will have to wait until the next oil change and I'll fit another pan with a full compliment of fins.

Paul.

Last edited by sidecar paul on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

4Back to top Go down   FUMOTO QUICK VALVES Empty Re: FUMOTO QUICK VALVES Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:21 am

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
For bikes with a belly pan/spoiler it might be OK, but imagine the carnage if the bloody thing got snapped off going over a kerb or 'speed bump' and went unnoticed...the oil pressure light wouldn't come on until it was too late if the rider gave it a good rev and continued on their merry way.

I used one for yonks on my VW Golf and it never leaked and made oil changes so easy. The ball bearing-like check valve would only 'fail' in the closed position so it could never accidently open. But that was on a sump up off the road and well-protected by a cross member. The K Bike's nearly flush oil drain plug would then be too exposed having a tap screwed into it...

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum