BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Testing the Hall sensors Empty Testing the Hall sensors Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:48 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
I was reading a post on a French BMW forum (bmist.forumpro.fr) and found a good link to a page detailing how to test the Hall sensors.
This is an English page. The K bikes are using the same sensors as the R bikes (HONEYWELL S&C - 2AV54)
Here it is: http://www.ebbo.org/2av54.php

Bert

2Back to top Go down   Testing the Hall sensors Empty Re: Testing the Hall sensors Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:22 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Good one Bert,
Excellent write-up and I note Honeywell are listing the 2AV 54 as being replaced with the 2AV54-J but their website is crap.
Regards,
K-BIKE

3Back to top Go down   Testing the Hall sensors Empty Re: Testing the Hall sensors Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:08 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
I just checked the wiring of the Hall sensors on the K bike. It seems that the color of the wires is different on a R bike. I think the K bike has also a round plug instead of the flat one on the R model.
Here is what I believe is the wiring on the K100 (I never physically checked it but just followed the wiring diagram). The test explained on Ebbo.org still apply to the K100.

Testing the Hall sensors Hall_s10

4Back to top Go down   Testing the Hall sensors Empty Re: Testing the Hall sensors Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:30 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Good on you for spotting that!
Regards,
K-BIKE

5Back to top Go down   Testing the Hall sensors Empty Re: Testing the Hall sensors Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:09 am

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
I think the plug is indeed round, but also has 5 pins. I'll have a look for a picture.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum