BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Back to top Go down    Re: Exhaust Modification Things on Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:46 am

Saxon7

Platinum member
Platinum member
Bert is still alive and well and living in downtown Laidley.
I don't hear from him very often and am not sure whether he is doing Zorst mods these days. ( I just sent him an email and asked him as I wouldn't mind one myself, I really liked the one he did for me. )
At last count he had 3 K bikes including an outfit with a DJP chair.
Will let you know what he says.
Schoorn.

52Back to top Go down    Re: Exhaust Modification Things on Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:24 am

jbt

Silver member
Silver member
@smithy wrote:Looks like a great job on the exhaust, But by opening the exhaust up you may have to give the engine more air and adjust the throttle bodies to get what a real hoon needs. Also to stop backfiring on deceleration ?
Opening an exhaust or the throttle bodies does not provides more air to the engine. You don't breath quicker when you open the window. This is defined by the engine capacity, the camshaft open duration and the intake diameter. Since 70 years, nobody has designed an engine with a restricted intake that would limit the two other factors.

It only has two effects:
- more noise
- modify the harmony of pressure and counter pressure waves into the exhaust, that is used at certain rpm to enhance the combustion chamber filling.
You can't get the engine more powerful with that...a K100 engine runs too slow to be restricted by the exhaust. If it would pass 11000 rpm, maybe the flow would need a more open exhaust, but the day a K100 will reach 10500 max rpm is not tomorrow.

53Back to top Go down    Re: Exhaust Modification Things on Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:42 am

MarcS

Silver member
Silver member
@Saxon7 wrote:Bert is still alive and well and living in downtown Laidley.
I don't hear from him very often and am not sure whether he is doing Zorst mods these days. ( I just sent him an email and asked him as I wouldn't mind one myself, I really liked the one he did for me. )
At last count he had 3 K bikes including an outfit with a DJP chair.
Will let you know what he says.
Schoorn.

Thank you heaps

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum