BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   fairing alignment Empty fairing alignment on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:35 pm

BillOwens

BillOwens
my bike (black betty) is getting closer to the standard i want
my upper fairing and screen are not even when riding straight, bike is
is there something that would cause the screen and fairing to be warped like this
one side of screen and side support seems lower than the other

2Back to top Go down   fairing alignment Empty Re: fairing alignment on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:51 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
pretty common thing bill .... we all have little oops events .

you will find the 4 bolts that mount the tree to the steering head can be undone and a little levelling can be acheived ...but best idea is to take some measurements from each of the "legs" of the tree to ground (on a level floor and on centre stand )

you may in fact find that they might need a little ...erm bump to get them straight again . be prepared to take the fairing on and off a few times in this process ....you can often just get an idea how it will mate up on certain parts ...like the screen mount .

the side braces - brackets (at least on the rt models suffer from fatigue pretty bad ) im in the process of trying to find some suitable metal again (besides the standard bmw manufactured ones )

good luck

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%Ofairing alignment Au-log10

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum