BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

roys

Silver member
Silver member
hi,

I have heard of people doing this and it sounds like a great idea - saving the need to disconnect negative for many procedures.

Can any one who has done this pls post some pics, especialy of the switch itself and recommand what to buy and how to do this?

tnx
Roy

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Roy, I did it on both bikes.
The switch has to be installed in series with the ground terminal.
Take the negative cable coming from the battery and disconnect it from the side of the engine. Plug it to one side of the switch.
Get a heavy duty cable, plug one side on the switch, and and the other side where you removed the ground from the engine.
The switch has to be rated for at least 30 amps.

roys

Silver member
Silver member
Crazy Frog wrote:Roy, I did it on both bikes.
The switch has to be installed in series with the ground terminal.
Take the negative cable coming from the battery and disconnect it from the side of the engine. Plug it to one side of the switch.
Get a heavy duty cable, plug one side on the switch, and and the other side where you removed the ground from the engine.
The switch has to be rated for at least 30 amps.

thank you for the explanation - do you or anyone perhaps have a pic of what such a switch looks like?
Also, as my bike is a naked bike i thought of "hiding" switch in tray under seat - do you see any trouble in that?

tnx
Roy

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Roy,
Hella make such a switch they are also obtainable from boat electrics shops for isolating the battery of pleasure craft. Some even have a terminal which keeps the alarm live.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum