BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   PLastic insert RH upper covers horn area Empty PLastic insert RH upper covers horn area on Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:50 am

coopz

coopz
Can anyone help out, looking for small fairly square insert RH upper covers RH horn Regards Coopz

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
This one?

PLastic insert RH upper covers horn area Kaype10

3Back to top Go down   PLastic insert RH upper covers horn area Empty PLastic insert RH cover on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:23 pm

coopz

coopz
Sorry for not being more to the point.Its above the RH knee pad above ventilator. it covers a small area below is the horn and it has clip on the top and is secured at the bottom with two screws it attaches to the inner fairing cover behind windscreen coopz

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Second try, only LHS side shown in the drawing.

PLastic insert RH upper covers horn area Deksel10

5Back to top Go down   PLastic insert RH upper covers horn area Empty Plastic RH insert on Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:51 pm

coopz

coopz
yep thats the piece. Coops

Rjtrucker

Silver member
Silver member
It iz a shame international shipping is so costly. I have a ton of parts here that our Australian members could use but the cost to ship is so high it does not pay.

93 K11LT
85 K100RS
85 K100RS turbo project.
And a load of K100 projects and parts.

tio Jaimito

tio Jaimito
Platinum member
Platinum member
@Rjtrucker wrote:It iz a shame international shipping is so costly. I have a ton of parts here that our Australian members could use but the cost to ship is so high it does not pay.

Just for information; I checked DHL from Chicago to Sydney $324 usd for a 19lb 11"x2"x13" box. USPS has a flat rate box for $74

So for some flat fairing items if they could fit in the USPS box it may be worth it. Depending if the items are "subject to duties"

Another way to bring parts such as this, is that sometimes a K traveler could do the job on small items if they are planning to travel to the part's origin, they could bring the part. The greatful recipient could then reimburse as appropriate. Extra 50lb suitcase = $100 -$150sd

What might the value of 50lbs of K stuff be? Our sailing discussion group has moved 500lb boats across the US with a little cooperation.

uj

http://www.nachicagonorth.com

Rjtrucker

Silver member
Silver member
I have 2 running k100rs. 3 rolling parts bikes one non rolling parts bike and about another 800+lbs of parts. Ok who has a large suit case.

93 K11LT
85 K100RS
85 K100RS turbo project.
And a load of K100 projects and parts.

RicK G

RicK G
VIP
VIP
One of the big problems is that every thing is needed now and that really puts up the cost of shipping.

If you are prepared to wait or dont need the part now then surface mail can be heaps cheaper. I believe the USPS has discontinued the 1st class mail system for international post but there will be other ways if the need for speedy service is not there.
Many years ago in another life I spent all my time dragracing and spending all my money and that of sponsors on said sport we used to nominate one person from a group to fly to LA and buy the parts or pick them up from a friend there pack them all into crates and seperately mail any reciepts back then ship them off in a container. We could actually save huge amounts of money like one trip it was over $16000 and that was mid 80s.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1993 K1100 LT, 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 for now

tio Jaimito

tio Jaimito
Platinum member
Platinum member
That still may be not a bad idea. One could fill a partial or shared container. The question becomes, do used motorcycle parts get levied with duties? If they do, what do they cost? If there were some highly valued but easily transportable components, and there were enough of them to fit in 50lbs, to offset shipping and perhaps even lend a subsidy to the carrier, it can be an attractive venture for someone already traveling to UK, OZ or NZ. A friend of mine used to bring back veneer inlay from Spain to sell here because $30,000 worth of decorative wood veneer ribbons fit into his suitcase. It paid for his trip. K parts are somewhat more bulky and not worth as much, so I don't know if there is the right combination of demand, willingness, value and space.

UJ

http://www.nachicagonorth.com

RicK G

RicK G
VIP
VIP
I dont know of anybody importing bikes from US to Oz for parts but there are many who do it with cars.
I don't think the market here is really big enough to make it viable.
A friend and I once looked into doing it with later model bikes like 6-7 years old and it would have been only just worth it if we could have someone in US to do the buying and not have to fly over ourselves.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1993 K1100 LT, 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 for now

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
If you have a look at this site, it has a specific section on importing from USA.

bikesabroad.com.au

I have toyed with the idea but to save money on costs it needs to be sent as a bulk lot. I recently spoke to a bloke with a R100GS that someone sent over to US, rode around then shipped back here. The bike came by itself and cost $1,500 to land in Aus. A bit steep but if you are prepared to wait. There are a few ads for importing bikes here, mainly to Melbourne in Bike Trader, etc.

As for importing bike parts, as long as it was not for commercial purposes and it came through with you I don’t think there would be any duty paid. Especially as they are more than 12 months old. I will ask Customs next time I see them.

I am returning from US in March and usually it costs US$100 (currently A$100) for each extra bag. The trick is to make sure that bag does not go over the 32 Kg limit (72 lbs) for air travel. This price is with V Australia. Don’t know what our national carrier Qantarse charges. If you do carry anything do yourself a favour and make sure it is spotlessly clean. Declare it and no grease and no fluids or friggin leaky parts. I took some Fiat brake units over for my Dad a couple of years ago for exchange and saved him close to one hundred smackeroonies.

I know a few more tricks about air travel but will not discuss them on the internet for fear of incriminating myself.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum