BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ned

Ned
Life time member
Life time member
My eyeballs are stinging... Sydney temperature is nudging 45 C... absolutely no humidity...

I was going to take my brick for a ride but 45C is a bit too much for me. Spare thought for fire fighters around this country. They are covering areas that approach the size of Europe and there is no end in sight. Let's hope that Sydney gets spared this summer.

Having said that I will take a bike later this evening when the temperature gets down into mid 30's. Smile

Let me amend that a bit... it is now around 46-47C with 2% relative humidity ...(2.20pm)

05/1986 (K55) K100RS Motorsport (Europe), Production Code: 0503, 110k km, VIN:0140519 (SOLD)
1976 Honda Goldwing GL1000 (naked)
1997 BMW K1200RS red, VIN: WB10544A1VZA22667

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Holy snapping duck S**t batman that's hot. Hope there are no fires, this is the sort of weather Melbourne was getting 2 years ago.
Where I am is supposed to be the coolest place in Queensland and it's nudging 40 and hotter tomorrow.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Ned

Ned
Life time member
Life time member
Rick, it is weird .... tomorrow will be 25C .... we will drop 20 degrees overnight. Bloody hell, the temperature tomorrow night will go to 17 ... practically winter if you ask me Smile

This cycling has happened a few weeks ago ... no idea what has happened to our normally sane summer and the temperature in mid 30s.

05/1986 (K55) K100RS Motorsport (Europe), Production Code: 0503, 110k km, VIN:0140519 (SOLD)

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Yeah we had our doona on 2 nights ago and the fan on with a sheet last night. I am seriously considering putting Air conditioning in. When we built here 15 years ago we were told nobody has air conditioning in Stanthorpe so we didn't put it in and for 10 years all was right. Even the lizards are carring a water bag now.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
yep was a nice change to stay over at seaniis place a week or so ago....much better nights than sydney

did i just read that sydney hit 45.7 .?..(western suburbs much hotter )

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

klompy the grey brick

klompy the grey brick
VIP
VIP
Sydney weather and bush fires in general Img_0232

As my wife, who was born in Cheshire would say " you can fry an egg on the pavement"....if we had a pavement

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
ModelK 100 RS 83 (0502 ( 0503 )
Body typeK 100 RS 83 (0502
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

Sydney weather and bush fires in general Au-log10

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
If it was only 45 it would be pleasant.

I missed the temp guage when it said 49. This was while driving (stopped at lights) shhhh
The car was in the shade all day and read 41 when I got in it. 20 minutes later was 49
Sydney weather and bush fires in general 2013-010

Hoping all the firies are safe and they catch and kick any bastard found lighting a fire.
Really are some dick heads out there.

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
You beat me on that one Rossco, S'pose its a bit cooler where I am,
It felt about 10 degrees warmer on the move.

Sydney weather and bush fires in general Pic_0112

I'm with you regards those little firebugs.
Certainly nothing compared to what the firefighters go through at this time of year, Great effort by the guys.( meaning girls as well)

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
Sydney weather and bush fires in general 10_x_110

sidecar paul

sidecar paul
Life time member
Life time member
Phew! I don't envy you guys, I won't complain about our minus 2 all day today....at least the snow looks pretty.

Paul.

japuentes

japuentes
Life time member
Life time member
You gotta come around here, it is only 38ºC, all the year...except for December when goes all the way down to 35º
Best regards
JAP

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
We live in the greenest and coolest part of the state and yesterday had to pack up our cars and get ready to move out as a fire headed our way. Luckily the helicopter fire bombing worked. Must be dry elsewhere if we are having this. Good luck with the next cycle mid next week.
I packed my helmets and jacket just in case and said goodbye to the brick but was premature.
RT

Ned

Ned
Life time member
Life time member
RT wrote:We live in the greenest and coolest part of the state and yesterday had to pack up our cars and get ready to move out as a fire headed our way. ....
I packed my helmets and jacket just in case and said goodbye to the brick but was premature.
RT

This is what RT is talking about ... Sydney north side ... thankfully it was put out before it threatened anyone.
Sydney weather and bush fires in general 64232_10151363436769015_460291970_n

hmmm... thinking of moving to Singapore for some mild tropical weather Smile

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
I was planning to take the bike to go to work, but it was few degrees too cold.
The temperature felt like -25. Even with the heat at the maximum on the car, the snow was freezing on the windshield. My average speed on the highway today was ...... 7 km/h (according to the GPS)
People were sliding all over the roads.
Sunday will be +5 and Tuesday we may get 40cm of snow.
Please send me a bit of your heat and in return, I will send you ice. Smile

Sydney weather and bush fires in general Dsc_2312

32 here in Guyra yesterday. That's hot as it gets.
Went back down to about 14 overnight.
And they wonder why I live on top of the hill!

Tom G

Tom G
Life time member
Life time member
G'day All, yep, yesterday was the hottest day on record here in Newcastle - nudging 45 degC. The aircon could hardly cope. Luckily there are no fires nearby and the temp. has dropped by 20 deg.overnight. I feel for the firefighters who are doing a fantastic job. The helicopters did a great job near your place RT. Cheers Tom Grabau

What part of Newie are you in, Tom?

17Back to top Go down   Sydney weather and bush fires in general Empty Sydney Weather and Bushfires generally Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:37 am

Tom G

Tom G
Life time member
Life time member
D'day Sakson7, I'm just down the road from Rick-meister at Adamstown. Guyra is usually the coldest place in the Universe. Great trip you had recently - fantastic photos. Cheers Tom Grabau

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
Sirens, choppers, smoke, it's going to be a warm day.

I moved the K and 2 other bikes to a safe place last night.  We're packed and ready to move out.  The house is as ready as it can be, we're wetting down any areas that might burn with embers that fly around.  Our little town is relatively safe compared to many others due to the massive efforts of the fire crews the last week, but still its best not to be here when the weather turns today.  Heading to little brothers place for tonight.

Al

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

Sydney weather and bush fires in general K-dogs10

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Good luck Al, my daughter is up at Warrimoo so I can sympathise with all of you. Keep safe is the main thing.

sidecar paul

sidecar paul
Life time member
Life time member
Gosh, Al, that's really scary; it's frightening enough seeing the BBC news footage, but when someone you know is ready to move out.........well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Good luck,
Paul.

Life time member
Life time member
What SCP said AL. Keep yourselves safe the rest is only stuff but hopefully it will be spared. 

I can't believe that people actually start fires in those conditions deliberately.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
All the best Al I do hope you don't lose another one to fire.

We are in a bad situation here but fortunately nothing has happened and thats the way we like it.

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
looks like a tough day ahead for many, stay safe Al.
good to hear you've tucked the kids away.

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
Sydney weather and bush fires in general 10_x_110

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
I wish you rain, a lot of rain (but not enough to flood your basements).
Keep safe.

CF

larrikin

larrikin
Life time member
Life time member
Spare a thought for Klomply, I think he is out fighting the fires.

It increases my paranoia
Like lookin' at my mirror and seein' a police car

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
NSW Rural Fire Service fire map. Live updates

RFS

Stupid thing is we had rain last night. Bucketed down  for hours. Unfortunately not enough to put out all the fires, but enough to stop the firies from back burning as today is the predicted 'bad one'.
Maybe a few basements need to be flooded.

K1100RS 0194321

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
Wind gusts are the main issue still.  we're watching the fire to our north-west, the smoke is blowing east.  Nothing coming our way at this stage

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

Sydney weather and bush fires in general K-dogs10

Ned

Ned
Life time member
Life time member
Strange day yesterday Smile

Drove from Sydney to Canberra (260km or so). Got half way and the temperature dropped to 16C and stayed like that in Canberra for the most of the day. Got really cold ... had to seek a sunny spot and a hot coffee to warm up Smile

Got back to Sydney and it took until 9pm for the outside temp to drop to around 20C. 

Someone said they they had snow further south in the mountains ... crazy stuff.

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool 

Take care guys hope it all ends well the uk news is giving it a lot of cover they reckon some of it may have been accidently started by a spark from a military exercise, all the best.

The latest news indicates a pilot has died while fire fighting the blaze sad news indeed.

BIG D

Tenox

Tenox
Life time member
Life time member
I have been watching news of these fires and the heat in Australia. I really hope it won't get any worse down there!

Sometimes it is nice to live up north... Although our riding season is only about 6-7 months / year, we do not have any extreme weather in here at all. (I don't think -30 celcius is extreme compared to +45 or some tropical strorms etc.)

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
BIG D wrote:Cool 

Take care guys hope it all ends well the uk news is giving it a lot of cover they reckon some of it may have been accidently started by a spark from a military exercise, all the best.

The latest news indicates a pilot has died while fire fighting the blaze sad news indeed.

BIG D
The whole state has a total fire ban and the army thinks they can just start lobbing bombs into dry bush.
3 houses gone and who knows how many acres of land burnt apparently directly attributable to the army exercises yet if I had lit a bbq in suburban sydney I would have been in the lock up.

And we still have folks who think it is fun to light fires and watch how many houses thye can burn down.
I would like to say there is no lower form of life, but in the real world there is.
It is very sad indeed.
And just a thought to the Klompenhouwe family. Not only is Mr K a volunteer firey, but so to are his son, daughter and wife.
Stay safe guys.

K1100RS 0194321

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Tenox wrote:I have been watching news of these fires and the heat in Australia. I really hope it won't get any worse down there!

Sometimes it is nice to live up north... Although our riding season is only about 6-7 months / year, we do not have any extreme weather in here at all. (I don't think -30 celcius is extreme compared to +45 or some tropical strorms etc.)
Tenox, I have mentioned to you on numerous occasions you should come to where the riding season is 12 months long. Reading these reports must make you wonder.
Look on the bright side.
The road kill is already medium - well done by the time you find it.

K1100RS 0194321

BIG DThe latest news indicates a pilot has died while fire fighting the blaze sad news indeed.

I believe it was a fixed wing aircraft not a fire fighting helo, not a lot of info yet.

I remember police arriving at Tottingham looking for who started a bon fire during a total fire ban.

Give it 4 months and everyone will be under water ... Summers down here are very extreme.

Ned

Ned
Life time member
Life time member
Defence (air force I think) started the fire and admitted that they did. This is now to be decided by the lawyers Smile

Think about us this is going to be a very loooong summer and the fires are early this year.

The reason many of us are spooked is this: My place (read dot) is surrounded and we haven't had any fires in my suburb for about 10 years.

Sydney weather and bush fires in general KNySN8jWLB1wgOFlaF9nUCTh2iSifdRYDGhtBvgpafg=w263-h219-p-no

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum