BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Here is one for the sidecar enthusiasts   Empty Here is one for the sidecar enthusiasts on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:52 am

tio Jaimito

tio Jaimito
Platinum member
Platinum member
Hey folks, Happy Sunday. Again just as a service (or diservice)to our forum. Here is the text from this listing It is good for 8 more days they have set a reserve of $5500. Location: Texas (just south of the US border:drunken:)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1985-BMW-K100RT-w-sidecar-and-less-than-5K-miles-/290847175206?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item43b7d7b226

"Advertised again due to a lack of meeting the previous reserve, the reserve has been LOWERED to the opening bid amount. This sidecar rig was advertised in November and had a high bid of around $5900. In December it had a high bid of $6100. The estate says "sell" so it is offered again with a lowered reserve of $5500. It will sell this time!! Here is the ad from previous auctions:

Here is a “once in a lifetime” chance to own a very low mileage BMW K100RS with a new Texas Sidecar. Due to the untimely passing of our customer, the family has allowed us to sell this rig for them. We sold and mounted the sidecar for a gentleman who was retiring and getting ready to take a trip to South America but passed away suddenly the week we were to deliver the bike and sidecar to him. We have a copy of the court document naming his daughter as the executor of the estate, so a clear title to the new owner will be no problem. We hope the pictures do it justice and here are some details:

Shipped to us out of long term storage, the motorcycle has less than 4900 miles on it. That is no misprint. Four thousand nine hundred miles. It has been kept in dry storage for years with gas stabilizer in the tank. A fresh battery and she cranked right up and runs smoothly and quietly. The tires are in great shape and not dry rotted. It has both saddle bags and a top box. It shifts and stops like it should. It has a few scratches but is in very good shape. The only faults I have found are: the left side cover has a post broken off (the one that goes into the rubber ring to mount it – the upper two are good and hold it on), one switch blank cover on the dash is missing, and the motor/transmission body on the left side could use a cleaning where it looks like a battery boiled over at some point. It has some oxidation there that appears to rub off with a little work. The right side cover does not show up in the pictures but was taken off to install the sidecar and I did not want to cut it up to clear the mount. There is a good deal of paperwork with the bike including some service history.

The sidecar is a Texas Ranger model sidecar – our largest. It has been professionally installed with custom bikeside mounting hardware. The sidecar has a number of options ordered with it including a steering dampner, a side marker light, a fender top light, two windscreens (a short and a tall), an auxillary power station inside the sidecar with three plugs, an interior light, and an automobile battery box behind the passenger seat. The only mileage on the sidecar is what was necessary to check the alignment. The total bill for the sidecar with installation came to almost $6000.00.

There is no reserve price above the opening bid. Check our 100% Positive Feedback and bid with confidence. Email me with questions or to request specific photographs. Thanks for your interest and good luck in your bidding."

Peggy's 1987 K75s Columbia Grey 9500miles 6 valve.

Here is one for the sidecar enthusiasts   K100_m12

Here is one for the sidecar enthusiasts   K75_po12
Here is one for the sidecar enthusiasts   Basil_10
http://www.nachicagonorth.com

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Sweet deal and rare find!

Cheaper than mine, lower mileage, but no conversion to car wheels.

Still a VERY good deal.

Thanks for posting it.

3Back to top Go down   Here is one for the sidecar enthusiasts   Empty Car Wheels on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:52 pm

tio Jaimito

tio Jaimito
Platinum member
Platinum member
Yes, looking thru the Forum I noticed (and it makes perfect sense) that sidecar bikes used an auto-style wheel. But just the bike is worth $4500, almost new.

I know posting this (and others) is a double edged sword, if some forum member didn't want the bid competition, I am sorry to that person. But again if guests realize that we forum members have the pulse on good bikes here, they may visit us more. If anyone objects let me know. I love finding them.

UJ

Peggy's 1987 K75s Columbia Grey 9500miles 6 valve.

Here is one for the sidecar enthusiasts   K100_m12

Here is one for the sidecar enthusiasts   K75_po12
Here is one for the sidecar enthusiasts   Basil_10
http://www.nachicagonorth.com

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
I'm with you on that one TJ,
it was a good find .
I usually browse the Aussie fleabay, that one didn"t come up.( even as an Int'l seller).
Keep looking, job well done.

Shame the chair is on the wrong ( right ) side, Very Happy

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
Here is one for the sidecar enthusiasts   10_x_110

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
@tio Jaimito wrote:I know posting this (and others) is a double edged sword, if some forum member didn't want the bid competition, I am sorry to that person. UJ

As a rule, if a forum member is interested to bid on a specific item, he/she will let the other members know it and in theory, other people will not overbid.

Please continue to post your 'rare' find (even if the chair is on the right side Smile )

CF

Postage to Australia is unspecified....

73MOH

73MOH
Silver member
Silver member
Interestingly though, anything pre-'89 is very easy to import and comply.....

2005 KTM990sd

8Back to top Go down   Here is one for the sidecar enthusiasts   Empty Here is one for the sidecar enthusiasts on Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:10 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Here is one for the sidecar enthusiasts   Scoote10

I was thinking more along these lines, bet it goes fast, has stripes.
RT

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum