BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

tio Jaimito

tio Jaimito
Silver member
Silver member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyRF9yaH1Ss
Apologizing in advance this is not on a K, but it should be.  This is a Suzuki SV650 doing one of the most famous stretches of the smokey mountains in North Carolina.   It was recommended to me by a fellow R rider.  I just thought everyone will enjoy this 11 mile run in its entirety. No Roos to contend with.

UJ

Peggy's 1987 K75s Columbia Grey 9500miles 6 valve.

One of the premier roads in this country K100_m12

One of the premier roads in this country K75_po12
One of the premier roads in this country Basil_10
http://www.nachicagonorth.com

2Back to top Go down   One of the premier roads in this country Empty You go ahead.... Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:54 am

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
Somehow......I think I might be too old.......that scared me.
I hope the driver 's still around by Christmas!
PS: I'm not sure if the Harley guy was just being a butthole taking up the whole damn road or maybe just oblivious to everyone in the world except himself. Sure was a difficult pass

I thought the Hardly rider must have been Australian or English etc...kept wanting to ride on the left side of the road.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
yeah was kinda funny ...a "real road hog " ...if i cant beat you... ill make it hard for you to get past anyhow ...
some of those folks should just stick to the tin cage ...or learn some road riding manners huh ?

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Life time member
Life time member
tio Jaimito wrote:No Roos to contend with.

UJ

Who needs Roos when you've got Hogs all over the road Smile. I've watched many clips of that road but that's a nice one for sure. Thanks UJ

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
yep ...thanks uj ....a fine piece of road

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

AJ.Valente

AJ.Valente
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for that video. I have a sister in western NC, so maybe I'll have to visit (hint, hint).

Ya, Harleys are what I call "parade bikes," underpowered, noisy, always in the way, but; Oh my, look at all the chrome!

Note: The rider in this video was fairly amateur IMO, didn't accelerate through any of the curves and over-rev'd on the straight-aways requiring extreme braking. Skiddish, very skiddish.  Laughing

wansfel

wansfel
Only 11 miles?
One of the premier roads in this country RIMG_0687

tio Jaimito

tio Jaimito
Silver member
Silver member
wansfel wrote:Only 11 miles?

Always looking for something better. UJ

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks I enjoyed that! I thought the Suzuki was good. I'd be wearing more than a T-shirt though in case I came off!

Harleys - not a fan of all that chrome but some days I can really dig that whole laid back chugging around thing. They do sound fantastic. Not an excuse for bad riding like in the vid but there are bad riders and drivers on all brands of vehicle.

Cheers
Dave

wansfel

wansfel
tio Jaimito wrote:
wansfel wrote:Only 11 miles?

Always looking for something better. UJ
US 12 Lolo Pass. Better than 140 miles total from Lolo, MT to Kamiah, ID with only a couple of gas opportunities. No roos, but watch for the deer!

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
I got to re-ride Lolo Pass back in early October as the Summer fires were burning down, leaving haze and ash hanging in the air. We passed a handful of cars and trucks but had the road to ourselves all of the way, my accommodating passenger and I. A good brekky and clean room in Missoula got us started for the third day of what turned out to be an excellent 54 day, 10,950 mile, 32 state ride right round the US that started and ended in Seattle.
A great road, US 12 along the river's edge, Lolo Pass is. Deal's Gap, in the other corner of the country, is alright, but too crowded with cars and squids even on week days.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
amazing ...

best i can come up with close to home

on the way to warchope ...distance from walcha 176 k round about im about 110 k out in this pic

One of the premier roads in this country 2013-014

and looking the other way

One of the premier roads in this country 2013-013

total for the day ....(allowing for a good stop at seaniis place on the way ...and setup camp with many ales before sundown ...) but a meer 660 k ....um 450 miles or something ..... nowhere near the big rides of many BUT enjoyable all the way

just sharin !

14Back to top Go down   One of the premier roads in this country Empty Good Roads. Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:57 pm

tio Jaimito

tio Jaimito
Silver member
Silver member
This has been great. Send us your favorite shots.
jim

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum