BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Fuel Sensor. Empty Fuel Sensor. Sun May 05, 2013 10:26 pm

Passion85

Passion85
Hello all,
I've been working on the Fuel system on my 85 K100 for a while now. Managed to replace all of fuel lines fuel pump and damper and several other things. I got everything back together and the pump started working when i realized I had hooked up the leads wrong. So I took everything apart and switched the leads. Put it all back together and nothing... I started checking if I was getting electricity to the pump, I wasn't, I unplugged the fuel sensor and tested it, it was getting electricity. So I have narrowed it down the the fuel sensor. I did a short look online to see if I could find a fuel sensor and didn't come up with anything I haven't even been able to come up with a part number. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could remedy the situation.
Thanks,
Passion85
[img]Fuel Sensor. 20130520[/img]

2Back to top Go down   Fuel Sensor. Empty Re: Fuel Sensor. Mon May 06, 2013 4:38 am

daveb

daveb
hi
I had to replace the exact same on my 85 k100rt
look at www.motorworks.co.uk
I dont think you can get new ones but they are under
used fuel level sender early part no TAA59448
£35
hope this helps
Dave

3Back to top Go down   Fuel Sensor. Empty Re: Fuel Sensor. Mon May 06, 2013 6:44 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Can you modify the fuel sensor to just send power to the pump: Removing the electronic and wiring the pump directly.
The Green/white wire is the positive, the brown the negative.
Brown/black and brown/white are for the fuel level sender.

CF

4Back to top Go down   Fuel Sensor. Empty I have a used one Mon May 06, 2013 10:41 am

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
I have a used one from an 85 K100RT (if I can find it). $25.00 delivered to your door. (Sorry, it won't fit in the smallest flat rate box)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum