BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

charlie99

VIP
VIP
bike pre pack  and final check up day today
might even change that clunky clutch cable that has been on for at least 20,000 ks

have to do some serious re thinking on route plans with old mate "schorn" laid up

btw ...he passes on all his best thoughts and well wishes  for the folks travelling off to far cairn

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
charlie99 wrote:bike pre pack  and final check up day today
might even change that clunky clutch cable that has been on for at least 20,000 ks
Yeah..It would be a good idea!!  Mine broke on the road last weekend and was lucky to have my spare with me.  Even luckier to walk back up the road and find the button...  You going to blast out through Gundy?? Charlie.

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
charlie99 wrote:

have to do some serious re thinking on route plans with old mate "schorn" laid up

As the numbers leaving from Guyra seem to be reducing , let me know what your doing Charlie. I'm happy to take the same route Seanii mapped out or change my plans and link up with others coming past. Christ 50% of the Guyra chapter have dropped out overnight ( literally )

98 K1100lt: Vin 8044

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
the cable looks nice at the lever alby ( cable is free both ends ) and I lost that adaptor ...straight away ....bum ....found it again though (phew) ... also doing the new throttle cable in there ...whilst all those bits are apart  through the steering head and instruments

I better look at the maps mate

the plan was for Friday night at Cootamundra  oops Coonabarabran  (thanks smithy ) doh!

but smithy is still on that plan, so might be an idea ?

he has offered a stay overnight in Guyra ...on the Thursday ...hmmm I guess three from Guyra (if robin gets it together ) ?

back straight up the line through gundy on sunday ?  just don't want to do that stretch from gundy to warwich late afternoon  too many furry grasshoppers me ol mate ....I got a feeling they have me figured out . Rolling Eyes

Last edited by charlie99 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
Charlie , I'm thinking of returning to Newie via Moree, I have a quick job on my mind whilst out for the weekend.
so I if you don't mind an extra K buzzing you
I'll most likely  need a stopover somewhere between Totts and Newie. possibly via inverell , walcha and gloucester.

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 4 10_x_110

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
charlie99 wrote:

the plan was for Friday night at Cootamundra

Friday night at Coonabarabran , as Cootamundra would be to far south.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
that would be great ed ......more the merrier

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
don't forget to share yours and your travelling mates contact numbers around

and leave a copy at home ...just in case

https://www.k100-forum.com/t4984-contact-list-for-the-aussies-kiwis-and-oceania

159Back to top Go down   Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:51 pm

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
I can be central contact at the Far Cairn if needed

Alan 0427 393 093 
or 
Marie 0428 393 093

If only to pass any news along to any other forum inmates.

Al

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 4 K-dogs10

160Back to top Go down   Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 4 Empty Ausbrick latest Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:32 am

ausbrick

ausbrick
Silver member
Silver member
Howdy folks, looks like I'm on me own.  The handbrake put the brakes on for me last fellow k Mexican [ poor bastard] anyway that leaves me free to follow my nose at will, so weather behaving I'm leaving on Tuesday and heading up the east coast and then across to Tottenham for the weekend.  All being well will catch you guys and gals there. Ausbrick  Mick

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Anyone still planning to have lunch at Bingara pub on Friday? I was going to catch up with Sean and co. there but Charlie's post sounds like that's not happening.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
didn't know about the plans gaz .....

not discounted as of yet

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
Gaz I'm not changing my plans, I'll leave Guyra around 9.00 am and head to Bingara for lunch then on to Coonabarabran. Charlie & possibly Robin are welcome to leave with me from Guyra or meet up along the way.

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Glad to hear that Smithy, it would have been a long ride for lunch on my own. Look forward to meeting you there.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
looks like were along for the ride also smithy

hope to see seanii on thursday afternoon  and get directions from there
hoping to leave here about 1.30 pm

Guyra about 6 ish

I'm tagging along with charlie, I got this twin pot behemoth ready to roll Smile

http://starshed.net/R1100RT/R1100RT-1.jpg

Last edited by RobinW on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total

167Back to top Go down   Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:13 pm

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
I'll be collecting these EVO T-Shirts Tuesday / Wednesday. Looking forward to passing a few on before departure time.
Excitement level bounce bounce bounce bounce  and building....

2018 Kart upgrade.

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
Looks like Charlie, Robin & myself will be leaving Guyra Friday morning and meeting up with Garry ( Gaz80 ) at Bingara on the way , just a damn pity Sean wont be with us. Anyway you've got to love when a plan comes together. Just though I would add these links to the proposed route from Guyra to Coonabarabran, Coonabarabran to Tottenham.

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?saddr=Guyra&daddr=Bingara+to:Coonabarabran&hl=en&ll=-30.578815,151.059265&spn=1.655193,2.150574&sll=-30.850363,149.567871&sspn=3.149988,4.295654&geocode=FTDnMv4deFgKCSlTCNthtWufazHwsEOQtAkGBA%3BFQY_OP4dWor5CCnRG-qSSHWhazHAvEOQtAkGBA%3BFUfMIv4d7MrlCCnVDv9A5QYJazHQeEOQtAkGBA&oq=tottenham&mra=ls&t=m&z=9

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?saddr=Coonabarabran&daddr=Tottenham,+NSW&hl=en&sll=-31.273913,149.27742&sspn=0.392031,0.536957&geocode=FUfMIv4d7MrlCCnVDv9A5QYJazHQeEOQtAkGBA%3BFcz-E_4dQnrICClbxtbBxsEEazGgdUOQtAkGBA&oq=Tottenham+nsw&mra=ls&t=m&z=9

Rendrag

Rendrag
Silver member
Silver member
How'd you go with the towbar on the K100, Ed?

Took me most of two days to fit up the towbar to the VFR, and sort out the wiring.  Seems the VFR doesn't have a load shed relay like the K, so I can't turn off the feed to the trailer while the starter is turning over.. We'll see how that turns out, got a feeling I'll blow the 30A fuse on the feed to the trailer on the first cold-morning start..   They were also missing a couple of nuts, which was annoying - for some reason they are using a UNF thread, what the hell?!  Had quite some trouble getting nuts to fit!

Tows bloody nicely though - the towbar is MUCH stiffer than the K100 towbar was - seems a lot more stable if you decide to try some tyre-warming type weaves along the road Smile

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1236728_10151694608722763_391983601_n.jpg

Looks a bit weird though!   I'm tempted to respray the trailer to match the bike!

Cya's at FCR Smile

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
started the fit up weekend before last, right side needs an extra piece, about 50mm long, welded on to meet the bracket ( now fitted) behind the footplate.
all else looks good. just haven't pulled out the welder yet.
still working on reno's.
carried out some plumbing in the bathroom yesterday, decided to cut two , what looked to me as 1/2 copper pipe,
 guess what ? they were 5/8... damn...
of course the hardware store had nothing that fitted that size, so we camped in last night, no water except filling buckets from the neighbours yard.
had the pros fix it today, nothing like getting your water back on.

hope to look at it a bit more over the next couple of days. should only be a 10 min weld job, then some wiring.

2018 Kart upgrade.

Rendrag

Rendrag
Silver member
Silver member
Oh weird, do the LT's have different foot peg brackets??  The bar was on an RS before it was on my RT, and they both mounted up the same

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
Rendrag wrote:Oh weird, do the LT's have different foot peg brackets??  The bar was on an RS before it was on my RT, and they both mounted up the same
Probably ABS vs non-ABS Damo, I remember some in the BM club having similar issues.  

I know what you mean about the towbar stiffness, My TDM900 towbar was mounted to cast alloy footpeg plates.  When towing the Alilite camper trailer it flexed heaps, no probs with my own trailer though; lighter and a longer drawbar meant the mass didn't affect the bike so much.  

In the tend the Alilite only went behind the sidecar, it upset the TDM too much.

Al

173Back to top Go down   Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 4 Empty Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:44 am

michaellaw

michaellaw
hi fella's you will have to count me and Kerry out of far kairn my boss pulled a swifty while I was away and organised holidays over mine so im working instead of playing not sure if theres one of those little yellow things for "pissed right off"

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
michaellaw wrote:hi fella's you will have to count me and Kerry out of far kairn my boss pulled a swifty while I was away and organised holidays over mine so im working instead of playing not sure if theres one of those little yellow things for "pissed right off"
Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 4 178468 Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 4 61740

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
seems robin and myself have sorted a meet place

now you wouldn't guess, would you ..... it involves a macDonalds ....and he chose it ...!

funny how these places attract us folks ....giggles madly Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 4 723598 Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 4 44271 

all sorted ...

sms to sean as we leave the brissy area .

looking forward to it .....yeehaaaaa  !

sad to hear micheal .....there will be another ....enjoy !

Last edited by charlie99 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
Thursday is my packing day, so I'll have a fiddle with the towbar then.
Damien I'm fairly certain that there is a difference between some models and years, I sized it up against both the RT and LT, they both appeared about the same.
enjoy your ride on Friday , did you get any other takers for boarding ?

due to Damien offering up a nice towbar, I let the Aldi action cam go on the back burner.
so I'll be using the trusty Canon A2300, I'm hoping to rig up a mount above the tank, to capture some ride scenes.
the camera already has a swivel mount base ( ex GPS mount) , tilts 90 degrees top/ to bottom , and pivots 360 each direction.
looking forward to some cool pics of our weekend away , with some very friendly folk.

2018 Kart upgrade.

Rendrag

Rendrag
Silver member
Silver member
groverK wrote:Thursday is my packing day, so I'll have a fiddle with the towbar then.
Damien I'm fairly certain that there is a difference between some models and years, I sized it up against both the RT and LT, they both appeared about the same.
enjoy your ride on Friday , did you get any other takers for boarding ?

due to Damien offering up a nice towbar, I let the Aldi action cam go on the back burner.
so I'll be using the trusty Canon A2300, I'm hoping to rig up a mount above the tank, to capture some ride scenes.
the camera already has a swivel mount base ( ex GPS mount) , tilts 90 degrees top/ to bottom , and pivots 360 each direction.
looking forward to some cool pics of our weekend away , with some very friendly folk.
Hmm, what does your mount base look like?  I have a mount from my k100 that you're welcome to - you can see it here:

Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 4 Main.php?g2_view=core  

Mounts under the three left-side mirror bolts - Might be useful depending on what your current base is like Smile

178Back to top Go down   Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 4 Empty Kamera mount Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:57 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
thanks for the offer Damien, but I should be right.
Will move this to a new thread, for further scrutiny .
but my base is large and flat and can be mounted on the dash between the dials . however I was looking for the full picture, including instrument cluster.
which gave me the idea to mount above the tank.

2018 Kart upgrade.

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Now?
Is it time to go???

Now?
Say now. Someone say now.

Now?

Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 4 Dsc05111

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

Rendrag

Rendrag
Silver member
Silver member
Bloody hell rossko, how much time did you spend getting it that clean?!?!?!?!?!  Nice!

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Rendrag wrote:Bloody hell rossko, how much time did you spend getting it that clean?!?!?!?!?!  Nice!
Oh, that? Yeah. Days scrubbing. Just in case it is not that clean when you see it, It has been raining here. So much so that I caught the bus to work so as not to get the bike dirt.... um

Favourable lighting and a dark garage.
Amazing the difference a flash can make.

Now?

K1100RS 0194321

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
did you miss something....?   tank bag?
I tried the Aldi tank bag last weekend for fitment , no luck..
that sak on the back looks the job Rossko, did you get what you needed in?

2018 Kart upgrade.

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Rendrag wrote:Bloody hell rossko, how much time did you spend getting it that clean?!?!?!?!?!  Nice!
Fear not I have a spray can of mud that the 4x4 numpties use on sunday morning so they can wash it off on sunday afternoon:D

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
just one more sleep .....

185Back to top Go down   Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 4 Empty Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:39 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Safe trip everybody
RT

Bastards...I cannot tell you how jealous I am. Take many photos please. 👽 
RossKo, that bike of yours is looking schmick, man!
Doubly cheesed off, as I was planning on bringing the full compliment of hillbillies with me this time....
Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 4 Sam_3610
Had even upgraded the tent.

Sean.

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Saxon7 wrote:
RossKo, that bike of yours is looking schmick, man!

Had even upgraded the tent.
Like I said, it's all in the lighting.

You old romantic you.

K1100RS 0194321

188Back to top Go down   Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:35 pm

My local Aldi still have some bike gear on offer and all at half price. 

If you need anything last minute, your local aldi might be worth a try.

Almost got another jacket for $48.xx, but settled for socks and a tank bag.

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
picked up the Evo shirts this morning,couldn't find any nice models to display these, so Rick and I did our best, thanks Rick.

Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 4 002_210

spent the morning discussing ride routes , you take the high road I'll take the low road kinda stuff.getting excited now.
sleep well Charlie.

2018 Kart upgrade.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
a good pic ed ....cheers mate

the models look ok too ....well for k freaks that is..... grin

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
charlie99 wrote:a good pic ed ....cheers mate

the models look ok too ....well for k freaks that is..... grin
What do you mean Charlie?
Ed's hand is on his knee.
What is Ulli hanging on to?

K1100RS 0194321

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
Well we should all stand out with our K bike caps and Evolution T shirts, is there no bounds to the K disease. The shirts look great, well done Ed

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
Been packed since Saturday, getting keen now.

Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 4 Img_4214

Battery on trickle, just need to check tyre pressure and go.

R1200GS
650 Vstrom

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
smithy wrote:Well we should all stand out with our K bike caps and Evolution T shirts, is there no bounds to the K disease. The shirts look great, well done Ed
And the patches look good as well

K1100RS 0194321

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
rossko wrote:
smithy wrote:Well we should all stand out with our K bike caps and Evolution T shirts, is there no bounds to the K disease. The shirts look great, well done Ed
And the patches look good as well
I forgot the patches, that's probably because I don't iron!

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Have fun you lot!!!!!!! Lets try not to lose any more K Bikes or incapacitate their riders!!

While you all are having a k venture I will just have to console myself with working on the 1928 Model A instead..

Almost time to go, no one mentioned it'll be 3 degrees overnight in Tottenham, brrrrrr    Blizzard 

Hope there's enough room on this thing for me, that swag is a lot bigger than I thought it would be.

Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 4 Loaded

Rendrag

Rendrag
Silver member
Silver member
Hahah 3 degrees, ouch! Oh well, good sleeping bag, and the heater set to 24C on my CPAP machine, should be all good Smile

Looks like it's going to be squishy Robin!  Reminds me why I have a trailer Wink

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
I'll just remember to pack multiple sleeping bags in the sidecar. Might bring the trailer.

The report I looked at said 2 degrees friday, 1 degree Saturday.  There is a good bonfire on Sat night to keep warm at.

Al

200Back to top Go down   Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:31 pm

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
I should be right at home, sounds like good Guyra weather. It's to hot to sleep at night when it gets into double digits .

201Back to top Go down   Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:01 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
spent the morning with Steve 1959, had a good chat, K 's of course. Koffee , biKKies and K bikes.
and sent him on his happy way with a new Evo shirt.
fitted the towbar before he arrived, just need to wire it up., and have mounted a bracket for the kamera, slight vibration , but we'll see what it brings.
Vinnies has some long johns on the rack , should I or shouldn't I? 

just need to pack the essentials and fill up, then I'm ready.
plenty of sunlight yet. probably be restless tonight, but from what you guys are saying, best make the most of tonight in the warm bed.

apart from all that ,I'm ready.

Damo, what time can I pick the trailer up, I'll probably need an extra pillow if you can chuck one in.

2018 Kart upgrade.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum