BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   My K100 is going to become a K100RR Empty My K100 is going to become a K100RR Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:55 pm

xvanwaart

xvanwaart
This is my first post.
Bought a K100 to convert it to a Café Racer... will be a slow build due to my job, doctor becoming an anaesthetist... need to have an hobby!

My K100 is going to become a K100RR IMG_20130414_182409
My K100 is going to become a K100RR IMG_20130602_143553
My K100 is going to become a K100RR IMG_20130602_162621

albomoto

albomoto
Looks great! How's it sound with the pipe? I've been wanting to get a bit more sound out of mine and change the look.

xvanwaart

xvanwaart
Just a little update (did I mention this is going to be a slow build?)

I wanted to go for the clip-on option because a café racer should be equipped with clip-ons but a lot of people told me it would be hard due to the odd size of the fork (41.3mm). But a dutch saying says "if you never shoot you'll always miss..." so looked for the best matching pair of clip-ons... Those things are expensive! Next try, Ebay... and there they were. Clip-ons on ebay
My K100 is going to become a K100RR IMG_20130703_194504
Sent from the UK to Holland in just a few days for about €80,- beautifully machined piece of kit. Now went for the install... If you know what your doing this is a 5 min job! Fits like a glove!!!
My K100 is going to become a K100RR IMG_20130710_114533

My K100 is going to become a K100RR IMG_20130710_114709

Tenox

Tenox
Life time member
Life time member
Be carefull when riding with those clipons for the first times. I had this kind of setup: http://kotisivu.dnainternet.net/ajk73/Cafe8.jpg and that position of the front brake system on handlebar caused that the front brake lacked about 50% of it's power and it was not as sensitive as it is normally. Lever came all the way to the grips. After replacing those with more normal bar brake became normal too.

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member

I appreciate your idea of 'home defence'. Nothing makes a house a home like an AR-15...

1988 K100RS SE VIN 01477554

6Back to top Go down   My K100 is going to become a K100RR Empty Leave it to a.... Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:28 am

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
Leave it to a medical guy to have a shop so upgraded & spiffy that you could eat off the floor!
Or is that from inside the house?

Tenox

Tenox
Life time member
Life time member
That is my humble garage. ;)Sad to say that "Vietnam" model M-16 only fires plastic rounds. And place only looks clean in some pics. Quite normal garage, only a bit bigger (80m2 warm and 32m2 cold).

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
nice project. That radiator shroud is like gold. Protect it as such.

xvanwaart

xvanwaart
As I said before, due to my daytime job and the fact it's being build away from home it's going to be a slow build... in the meantime, bought a lot of tools, got myself familiarized with MIG welding (need that to make the most awesome café racer rear end). I also wanted an original engine cover badly... so ehm, bought a very cheap but very nice K100rs with engine cover!!! It's going to be transformed to a café racer as well after this one is done. For now I'm using it to drive to work on rainy days (to keep my S1000rr nice and clean).

My K100 is going to become a K100RR Img-2011
Yes it's me!

Now some updated pictures... It strikes me that it's now a lot lower and sporty looking then before, looks even better in real life! With the engine cover it has got an entirely different "bad-ass" look to it! Best few hundred bucks spent so far (also because of the fact I got a good looking and great driving motorcycle with it!). Of course the headlight makes it look like a motorcycle again.

My K100 is going to become a K100RR DSC_0356
My K100 is going to become a K100RR DSC_0357
My K100 is going to become a K100RR DSC_0361
My K100 is going to become a K100RR DSC_0362

Alright... the new "to-do: list... Shocked 

-Fabricate a weld on the new rear end (it's going to be nice!!!)
-Install lightning
-Daytona Velona Tachy and Speedo (already ordered)
-K100rs footplates
-Update the breakes and service everything (new lines etcetera)
-Full engine service (parts already here)
-Spray paint every grey part to... matt black? Something like that...
-Engine polish
-Powdercoat the wheels and put on fresh rubber...
-Custom exhaust (simple but effective modification came to mind...)

Will be back

10Back to top Go down   My K100 is going to become a K100RR Empty Re: My K100 is going to become a K100RR Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:19 pm

Speedaddictedberk

Speedaddictedberk
Silver member
Silver member
Where have you put the ignition? I'm thinking about moving mine to between the back of the airbox and the frame.

Clip-ons look good, Imay be going down this road soon too!

http://leportphotographic.co.uk

brianpen

brianpen
Silver member
Silver member
My K100 is going to become a K100RR K_side11
Where does one come by the neat injector cover?
Nice progress on your RR. I'll stay tuned in.

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
brianpen wrote:My K100 is going to become a K100RR K_side11
Where does one come by the neat injector cover?
Nice progress on your RR. I'll stay tuned in.

Or you can make your own by cutting and bending some 1/16" aluminum platre and then having it powder coated:

My K100 is going to become a K100RR K75f_fi_cover

My K100 is going to become a K100RR K75f.v2.0

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

xvanwaart

xvanwaart
Speedaddictedberk wrote:Where have you put the ignition? I'm thinking about moving mine to between the back of the airbox and the frame.
 Actually, it's still hanging about... will put it where the original handlebar was attached to the bike... now there are a few holes in the metal. Was thinking about your solution as well... a bit like a fellow dutchman did as well... here is a picture of the ignition a similar place (above the K&N logo):
My K100 is going to become a K100RR Roel-scheffers-custom-bmw-k100rs-new-racing-life-for-old-bike_7

brianpen wrote:Where does one come by the neat injector cover?
Dunno... it was there when I bought it...

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP

Speedaddictedberk

Speedaddictedberk
Silver member
Silver member
As mine was an RT it has a huge plastic ignition housing thing so I'll need to get rid of it somehow, either the top yoke hole once I go to clip-on bars or to the side of the bike for the cruiser look.

Did you find the 41mm clip ons hard to fit or is it just some gentle persuasion with a mallet?

I'm still deciding between the cafe racer or street tracker look, cafe racer is winning for looks but street tracker will be more comfortable.

xvanwaart

xvanwaart
The clip-ons do need some persuasion but then again, they feel like they won't let me down on hard breaking. Easy fit with a mallet though.

I would go for the café racer style... But maybe it's because I'm used to the sitting position on my S1000rr
My K100 is going to become a K100RR 621973_4520372769845_1854015634_o
If you decide to come on a holiday to the Netherlands your more then welcome to test ride the Kaffee 100 (new name, like coffee to much, is german for coffee)

brianpen

brianpen
Silver member
Silver member
Yes Duck, you know my style. After checking price and shipping from UK, I'm going the DIY route.

Speedaddictedberk

Speedaddictedberk
Silver member
Silver member
Where are you in the Netherlands? I worked near Ijmuiden then Dordrecht for about a year and a half.
I'll be screaming trough from Ijmuiden to Hedelberg in Germany in late May on my Honda VFR1200.

How do you like the S1000RR? I was looking at the S1000R a few days ago, a naked 160bhp bike sounds fun!

xvanwaart

xvanwaart
My work is in Amsterdam, live nearby (one night 2 years ago my 2008 Kawasaki ZZR-1400 and 2008 Yamaha R1 were stolen from my garage in Amsterdam whilst I was helping shot down criminals... felt so bad I didn't want to live in a city like that anymore. Moved immediately)

The S1000RR really is a the best superbike in the world. Forgives me for every mistake a make and there nothing compares to 200 bhp on a bike that weighs 183 kgs... my parents have a second home near "the ring" in germany so it has its uses...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum