BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Swing Arm Bearings Empty Swing Arm Bearings Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:46 pm

otto59

Silver member
Silver member
Has anyone used FAG 30203 instead of 540619 in a K100?  Any modifications?

2Back to top Go down   Swing Arm Bearings Empty Re: Swing Arm Bearings Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:19 pm

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
http://www.motobrick.com/index.php?topic=2100.msg11261

Also remember reading a thread about manufacturing a spacer for these third-party swingarm bearings but can't locate it at the moment.  Sorry I can't point you to it.  It might be on the BMWMOA site.

3Back to top Go down   Swing Arm Bearings Empty Swing arm bearings Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:43 pm

otto59

Silver member
Silver member
Original bearings are 40x17x17.  The FAG 32203 is 40x17.25x17. That's only one quarter mm thicker. Wish I would have noted how deep the bearing seated before I pulled them. Don't think that extra would make a difference.

4Back to top Go down   Swing Arm Bearings Empty Re: Swing Arm Bearings Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:25 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
There were some bearings mentioned here a few weeks ago but were 13.25 so a spacer of 3.75mm would be required to be mada and to be quite honest I don't like the idea of trying to fit a spacer in there it would be a real PITA.
The .25mm would not make any real difference but yo need to bear in mind the monolever swingarm needs to align well with the drive shaft or you are going to get bad wear and possibly a vibration from the spline.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

5Back to top Go down   Swing Arm Bearings Empty Re: Swing Arm Bearings Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:44 pm

the.postman

Life time member
Life time member
Just a note.
If I'm not mistaken the 540619 is a sealed bearing and the 30203 has no seal.
Other than ease of re-greasing this shouldn't make much difference.

1985 K100 RS   104EA49840092        #0081788     SILVERish (Madison) Prod. date 05/12/84
1984 srx 600
1986 cbr1000f/h

6Back to top Go down   Swing Arm Bearings Empty Re: Swing Arm Bearings Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:57 am

otto59

Silver member
Silver member
the.postman wrote:Just a note.
If I'm not mistaken the 540619 is a sealed bearing and the 30203 has no seal.
Other than ease of re-greasing this shouldn't make much difference.
But you need to get spacers machined (unless someone sells them). That would probably bring the cost up to the same as buying the called for bearing.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum