BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Clutch spline lube Empty Clutch spline lube Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:15 pm

otto59

Silver member
Silver member
Will be lubing my clutch spline. Would love to get my hands on some Wurth 3000 but its not available here in Canada. Is there something else the moly can be mixed with to give it some tackiness so it doesnt fly off?

2Back to top Go down   Clutch spline lube Empty Honda 60 Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:49 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
The Honda moly 60 paste is pretty gooey. I believe that's what most use.  

In any repair endeavor.......if you have a large enough group, someone will always find a way/reason to "improve the mousetrap".  

With the small diameter of the splined shaft and the current consistency of the Honda 60 Moly paste.....I am not sure that "fly off" is actually a concern you need to consider at all.

Clutch spline lube Sam_3514
Clutch spline lube Sam_3515

3Back to top Go down   Clutch spline lube Empty Re: Clutch spline lube Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:54 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

4Back to top Go down   Clutch spline lube Empty Re: Clutch spline lube Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:36 pm

otto59

Silver member
Silver member
RicK G wrote:This is the gear to use http://www.guarddogmoly.com/gd570.shtml

Not available here either.

5Back to top Go down   Clutch spline lube Empty Re: Clutch spline lube Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:47 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Shell have an Optimol grease that does the job. Sometimes it is refered to a cannery grease, its used in the cookers.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

6Back to top Go down   Clutch spline lube Empty Re: Clutch spline lube Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:42 am

Be made

Be made
Life time member
Life time member
I have ordered the stuff the BMW service agents use in the shop

Not cheap though, @ $70.00 / 100 gram pottle but it is enough to do me the rest of my riding life (hopefully @ 49 y/o I will have another 20 - 25 years probably , max.) and lube the splines annually as well as have heaps to share around with friends :-)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum