BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

the.postman

Life time member
Life time member
If the mileage is true it is only just run-in.
Ebay

Why would someone only do such low miles on a new bike?
There seems to be a lot of corrosion for such low mileage

If the paperwork could be found to verify mileage, it would be a great buy for somebody.

1985 K100 RS   104EA49840092        #0081788     SILVERish (Madison) Prod. date 05/12/84
1984 srx 600
1986 cbr1000f/h

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
The instrument cluster was replaced 3707 miles ago. It must have more miles than that under its belt. It could be verified by researching the MOT history (eg. VIN check) to see what the accumulated mileage has been over its various government regulated milestones, like license renewals, emissions checks, etc.

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
The front mudguard is on back-to-front.

Rob, there's no requirement for bikes to have emission checks in the UK, nor to declare mileage when licensing. The bike still has the vented rear disc, if the mileage was higher than declared, I'd have expected to see that replaced owing to the problems with cracking.

the.postman

Life time member
Life time member
I contacted the seller and got this reply

"Hi
Unfortunately i have no paperwork to back the mileage but I know for sure that it is 100% original speedo, the bike used to belong to my previous employer , he bought the bike rode it home from the show room and left it in his garage for a long period of time as he thought its to fast for himself,I bought the bike from him but never rode it myself.
I hope it helps !
Many thanks "

1985 K100 RS   104EA49840092        #0081788     SILVERish (Madison) Prod. date 05/12/84
1984 srx 600
1986 cbr1000f/h

5Back to top Go down   Wow a naked k100  and only 3707 miles on Ebay Empty and no sale on Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:03 am

welshlamb

welshlamb
Didn't sell.
Low mileage but after standing that long it would need lots of mechanical recommissioning, rubber parts deteriorate parts seize etc etc...let alone the cosmetics which do look a bit like it was parked on Brighton Pier for a while and left to deteriorate. I sent a message to the seller (no bids, sale ended)  and said that it its probably a breaker (and offering to buy some parts)  but no reply back.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
such a shame these bikes are left to rot in silence

sighs !

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%OWow a naked k100  and only 3707 miles on Ebay Au-log10

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum