BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   odometer gears Empty odometer gears Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:05 am

sak3

sak3
A few days ago I noticed that the speedometer on my bike worked fine, but the odometer had stopped working.
Remove the box and found that the gear box had waste.

odometer gears Engranajes

Are five gear transmission comprising odometers (full and partial)
Here are four of the five missing tractor gear because I have not disintegrated.
Usually spoil the first two more tractor gear (as you can see in the photos).
The problem in making a new printing is but in the setting, for it had to perform several tests, and know the type of material to use to play the gears and the potential life of these.
I have the good fortune to live in an area where many toys are made and where the use of plastic, abs and resins is quite common.
I am in touch with my good friend George and I made the design and subsequent adjustment
getting this
adro had waste.

odometer gears Foto1ih

odometer gears Foto2db

odometer gears Foto3gd

odometer gears Foto4ir

odometer gears Foto5zp

odometer gears Foto6st

odometer gears Foto7vp

odometer gears Foto8da

odometer gears Foto9tg

odometer gears Foto10aq

We value the experience of different people and we decided to print a 3D printer in ABS, getting this set.

odometer gears Wb0n

and is now assembled.

odometer gears Mwa9

And we test its performance

[video=youtube;qo10wTMQxhk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo10wTMQxhk[/video]

This is the normal operation of the box but to try a little slow.
NOTE: The mileage is 907.463
and this is different tests.

The sound you hear is the engine that I use to move the emgranajes

NOTE: The mileage has increased by 40,000 km with what at that speed I think you can say that will last much longer than the others.
The test time was one hour
Regards

2Back to top Go down   odometer gears Empty Wow!! Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:16 am

keefk1100lt

keefk1100lt
Silver member
Silver member
I have to say Sak, that's some seriously impressive spannering.

Well done that man.

3Back to top Go down   odometer gears Empty Re: odometer gears Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:19 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
holy crap at that speed you would take 10 hours to get to the moon
That is good work Sak

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

4Back to top Go down   odometer gears Empty Re: odometer gears Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:22 am

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Sak if you have made those gears and they really work then I think you have made about two hundred new friends.
Those gears are very hard to find and many have tried to make their own with varying degrees of success.

Well done.
rosskko

Last edited by rossko on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:41 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Cannot spell ask, ska, sak. Now auto correct got me)

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

5Back to top Go down   odometer gears Empty Re: odometer gears Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:25 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Thank you.This is highly impressive.

As 3D printing becomes more affordable, I expect to see a lot of forum members interested with your result.
Could you please let us know the cost of printing these gears?
Can make your drawing available in a CAD format ?

I have not checked it, but what makes the difference between an odometer in miles and one in Kms? The diameter of teeth on the gear or a different motor?

CF

6Back to top Go down   odometer gears Empty Re: odometer gears Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:49 am

sak3

sak3
rossko wrote:Sak if you have made those gears and they really work then I think you have made about two hundred new friends.
Those gears are very hard to find and many have tried to make their own with varying degrees of success.

Well done.
rosskko

First apologize for my bad English
Use a translator.
We used abs because it is the best option.

We have partners who have installed and are very happy,

The engine of our odometer is a stepper motor makes almost no effort on the gears, gear tolerance is large, inpidiendo friction between them.

If you look at your gears there are two that are flexible, that is used to spin at high speed when the gear will absorb the vibration. This makes no sense in our bikes do not work as fast.

Also if you notice the white gear that is in contact with the two metal gears for odometers is the most resistant and is made ​​of (ABS). ABS is maintenance.

I can not guarantee uptime for it has not been enough time to test it, but I'm sure more than current if wil.

7Back to top Go down   odometer gears Empty Re: odometer gears Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:53 am

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Ask, while the translator makes for amusing reading the message is loud and clear.
The gears do work and you have done a wonderful job.

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

8Back to top Go down   odometer gears Empty Re: odometer gears Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:14 am

sak3

sak3
Crazy Frog wrote:Thank you.This is highly impressive.

As 3D printing becomes more affordable, I expect to see a lot of forum members interested with your result.
Could you please let us know the cost of printing these gears?
Can make your drawing available in a CAD format ?

I have not checked it, but what makes the difference between an odometer in miles and one in Kms? The diameter of teeth on the gear or a different motor?

CF

As for the possibility of autocad not if possible not a standard system. and not whether the standard ASSCII.

But I can talk to Jordi to see what can be done. is the person I did the design and then the setting.

It is very important to know which machine is printed for the tolerance of the machine with respect to the parts, rather than the design itself

As the speed adjustment if not adjustable resistance that exists in the printed circuit allow this variation think not.

Also if you disassemble the frame and gears look carefully you will see that you have a lot of information in the same

On the cost has been 50 € plus postage.

9Back to top Go down   odometer gears Empty Re: odometer gears Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:58 pm

Beemer Wheeler

Beemer Wheeler
Gold member
Gold member
Muy bien sak3 !
Prima refecçion Hombre.
My Spanish may be worse than Babelfish, but it's original.

Vaya con Dios !

2012 Yamaha YFL 381 (Flute)
2005 Yamaha PSR E-203 (Keyboard Synth).
2012 Yamaha 7 HP outboard engine
"Beemer Wheeler" Certified Brick Aviator since July 2013
Ham radio call sign HA5AH
http://h2fuel.mobi

10Back to top Go down   odometer gears Empty Re: odometer gears Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:03 pm

japuentes

japuentes
Life time member
Life time member
Interesante trabajo, felicitaciones.
En cuanto a la pregunta de CF sobre el archivo en CAD, que software usan para generar el modelo?
Saludos
JAP

11Back to top Go down   odometer gears Empty Speedo replacement Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:21 am

Gordon Smith

Gordon Smith
Silver member
Silver member
A simple and quick tempory speedo job is to obtain a push bike computerspeedo. The wired type will reach from the right stanchion to the righthand switch position on the handlebars. They register up to 125mph. I obtained mine online from Cyclestore. com. uk. They are based in Congleton Cheshire UK. Paid 25 Sterling with free delivery. Hope this may be of use to anybody as astandby. Gordon.

12Back to top Go down   odometer gears Empty Re: odometer gears Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:53 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Sak that is AMAZING! well done indeed what a brilliant result. You may well have a useful small business making these for use around the world because postage will be small because they are small and light but as said above the gear wheels are hard to find and there should be a market.
Regards,
K-BIKE

13Back to top Go down   odometer gears Empty Re: odometer gears Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:42 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Gordon Smith wrote:A simple and quick tempory speedo job is to obtain a push bike computerspeedo. The wired type will reach from the right stanchion to the righthand switch position on the handlebars. They register up to 125mph. I  obtained mine online from Cyclestore. com. uk.  They are based in Congleton Cheshire UK. Paid 25 Sterling with free delivery. Hope this may be of use to anybody as astandby. Gordon.

125mph on a pushie  AAAAAAHHHHHGGGGGGGGG

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

14Back to top Go down   odometer gears Empty Re: odometer gears Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:15 am

LWT_Big_Cheese

LWT_Big_Cheese
Silver member
Silver member
I have a cycle speedo on the Enfield. A Fivver I think it was. And very accurate compared to a motorised vehicle one.

No warranty implied or given.

May contain nuts

15Back to top Go down   odometer gears Empty MAKE MORE Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:15 am

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
SAK,
 Please print some more sets of gears!

Tell us what it costs to do this.

Competitive gears sell for $80 US Dollar.

Can you learn to print them for less money?????

Regards, Ibjman

16Back to top Go down   odometer gears Empty Re: odometer gears Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:13 pm

sak3

sak3
ibjman wrote:SAK,
 Please print some more sets of gears!

Tell us what it costs to do this.

Competitive gears sell for $80 US Dollar.

Can you learn to print them for less money?????

Regards, Ibjman

in this web you can bay it

http://www.hardtoptire.com/producto_en-hardtop.php?id=168&id_familia=104&id_catalogo=19

and this is the story.

http://www.bmwmotos.com/foro/modelos-k-hasta-2005/447733-engranajes-del-cuadro-nueva-lista-abierta-28-07-a.html

regards

17Back to top Go down   odometer gears Empty thank you Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:27 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
I do not think you will sell a lot at that price point. At least in the USA.

The price works out to about the same as the tested & proven gears from Speedometer Gears .com at $80 USD.

Personally, I was hoping that some inventor as like yourself could market these for closer to 30 euros.

Regards, Ibjman

18Back to top Go down   odometer gears Empty Re: odometer gears Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:35 pm

sak3

sak3
I'm sorry

It is not a matter of selling many gears, but the person who buys these in 25 years will tell us if they are good or not-

Greetings.

19Back to top Go down   odometer gears Empty Re: odometer gears Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:01 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Are the gears shown for metric speedos (kilometers) and do you make them for miles as well.

20Back to top Go down   odometer gears Empty Re: odometer gears Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:09 am

sak3

sak3
RicK G wrote:Are the gears shown for metric speedos (kilometers) and do you make them for miles as well.

Hi Rick T

When we decided to do the gears do not think a big deal, just helping friends of our forum.

After we started getting requests from other countries (not many)

If you should meet a certain number of people for the first order we would have no objection to study the realization of the gears for miles.

The person who designed the gears when he saw the result told us that these new gears would last posiblememte lot more than the original.

regards

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum