BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Interesting K1 Touring!!!! Empty Interesting K1 Touring!!!! on Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:30 pm

the.postman

Life time member
Life time member
Interesting bike that's been re-listed, didn't sell at £2150, surprise surprise,Ebay

1985 K100 RS   104EA49840092        #0081788     SILVERish (Madison) Prod. date 05/12/84
1984 srx 600
1986 cbr1000f/h

2Back to top Go down   Interesting K1 Touring!!!! Empty Re: Interesting K1 Touring!!!! on Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:40 pm

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
Odd. What is it? A K1 with the arse fairings missing or a K100 with a K1 front fairing and bars? 
Cheers
Dave

3Back to top Go down   Interesting K1 Touring!!!! Empty Re: Interesting K1 Touring!!!! on Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:07 pm

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
There's a kit on ebay at the moment to convert a standard K1 (in Marrakech Red).

The Touring version has cut-outs in the lower fairing so that standard footrest plates can be used (otherwise the forward position of the standard pegs leaves your feet stuck inside the fairing).

The Touring K1 was an effort to shift them. All the K1 bikes were built in 1989, 6,900 or so, yet it took years to sell them. They tried less lurid colour schemes and the Touring was an answer to the fact that its normal luggage capability restricted it to one-up riding.

I know of another black Touring. They are rare but personally, I think that they miss the point. By using the standard peg plates it changes the riding position and that's one of the K1s strengths.

Besides, with a bit of lateral thinking, some soft luggage and the tank bag, you can tour two-up on a standard K1. I did three weeks in Spain back in '92 with my first K1 and (I've lost count which number) girlfriend.

Interesting K1 Touring!!!! K1%20Galicia%201993-L

4Back to top Go down   Interesting K1 Touring!!!! Empty Re: Interesting K1 Touring!!!! on Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:33 pm

Dewey V

Dewey V
I believe that is what is known as a Greyhound conversion by Wüdo.

http://www.flyingbrick.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61&Itemid=87&lang=en  

21st down on the page.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum