BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Front rim for sale? Empty Front rim for sale? on Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:48 am

Going to need a new front rim for mine after our latest little escapade. Anyone got one for sale? The earlier type to suit an 85 model. Can use my own rotors. Please PM me.
Sean.

2Back to top Go down   Front rim for sale? Empty Re: Front rim for sale? on Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:27 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
Sean my spare is glued on with loctite, since the BMW shop repaired the worn bearing shim. I haven't changed the front wheel since.
Is there much difference between the 85 and 87 or other models? as there are always rims on ebay for sale and I didn't think there was anything different.

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
Front rim for sale? 10_x_110

3Back to top Go down   Front rim for sale? Empty Re: Front rim for sale? on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:59 pm

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
Sean are you still in need of parts, 
Uli said he could help me out with wheel removal
you also mentioned something about a fairing as well,
my RT could go naked

2018 Kart upgrade.

4Back to top Go down   Front rim for sale? Empty Re: Front rim for sale? on Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:24 am

Hey Ed, sorry, I forgot an answer the previous message before. I don't think there's any difference in the  rums until they go to the 3 spokers? 
In regards to parts, Ed, the main repairs I'll need to undertake at the beginning are the actual mounting points for the chair. I am going to have to wait a little until I am fit enough again to get down and dirty and work on the thing. The fairing isn't too badly damaged...I don't think....will have to remove it and see what's happened with the mounting points there as well. Will need to panel beat the sidecar shell...need the underpiece of the rear tailpiece....Front rim, though TWB has said he might have one for sale when he gets the chance to look in his shed. Smile  
Sean.

5Back to top Go down   Front rim for sale? Empty Re: Front rim for sale? on Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:30 am

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
A 3 spoke K75s wheel is the same bearing, disk, diameter as an 8 spoke.  Its the 16v wheels you need to avoid.

Al

'87 K100RT with Paralever backend

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

Front rim for sale? K-dogs10

6Back to top Go down   Front rim for sale? Empty Re: Front rim for sale? on Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:49 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
goodo, just let us know , the bike is just sitting there.my LT is providing for me what I need.
Uli ad I stopped at Leslies bridge ( near the Bretti turnoff) as we came home on monday, 
you left a fair buckle in the armour rail.
another 2 metres further and you would have been in the drink.
any way hope all goes well with the old girl, I know there is plenty of help on offer.
thanks again for the hospitality on sunday evening, it was gratefully received.
Cheers Ed.

2018 Kart upgrade.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum