BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Luxury cruiser for sale on Ebay UK Empty Luxury cruiser for sale on Ebay UK on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:25 pm

the.postman

Life time member
Life time member
First to see will .......

Buy

Luxury cruiser for sale on Ebay UK 44271

1985 K100 RS   104EA49840092        #0081788     SILVERish (Madison) Prod. date 05/12/84
1984 srx 600
1986 cbr1000f/h

2Back to top Go down   Luxury cruiser for sale on Ebay UK Empty Re: Luxury cruiser for sale on Ebay UK on Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:06 pm

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
Iye when I were a lad we couldnt afford seat, seems this dude cant either, but its a 75 going cheap 500quid and its a base ride till may, mind you below it says "people who viewed this also viewed K75s 600quid" and looking quite the buy, so good luck to him so devide by 5 and make an offer

Last edited by K75cster on Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add quip)

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

3Back to top Go down   Luxury cruiser for sale on Ebay UK Empty Re: Luxury cruiser for sale on Ebay UK on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:38 am

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
Believe it or not, this is what he started with:

Luxury cruiser for sale on Ebay UK DSCF0072

No, I don't mean one just like it, that is the bike when he began his "work".

This is an early iteration of his "art":

Luxury cruiser for sale on Ebay UK DSCF0086

Each to their own.

4Back to top Go down   Luxury cruiser for sale on Ebay UK Empty Re: Luxury cruiser for sale on Ebay UK on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:13 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool 
With a lot of imagination and a few bob it could have been transformed into something like this. Very Happy 

Luxury cruiser for sale on Ebay UK Bmw_k710

BIG D

5Back to top Go down   Luxury cruiser for sale on Ebay UK Empty Re: Luxury cruiser for sale on Ebay UK on Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:40 am

xpc316e

xpc316e
Gold member
Gold member
One man's meat is indeed another man's poison, but this rather takes the biscuit.  Imagine the horror of an assembly worker if he could have foreseen the bike's destiny on the day it rolled off the production line.  The gearchange and rear brake must be so easy and comfortable to use; one has to ask oneself why they were not designed like that in the first place.  The top box would certainly hold lots of tins of Stella, but I suspect that the handling would not inspire confidence if it were full of lager.  You would probably need all that alcohol to help erase the heart-stopping memories of the ride once it was over.   It would also help numb the pain caused by being seated on that scrap of 'racing foam'.

The only saving grace is the amazing amount of apostrophes in the advert: you get fantastic bang for your buck, if you are a fan of misplaced punctuation.affraid

VIN 0191428, 1991 K100LT, formerly owned by Lancashire Constabulary. This old warhorse is now 'out to grass' and living in retirement in Suffolk, where it will be showered with appropriate love and care.

VIN 6459609, 1992 K1100LT, another ex-Police machine, even though she now looks like she is a former fire engine.

6Back to top Go down   Luxury cruiser for sale on Ebay UK Empty Re: Luxury cruiser for sale on Ebay UK on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:06 am

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
The bike he started with is one I would keep, and as he went to a larger topbox to carry his tinnies, it may have been prudent for someone to tell him that a similar amount of tinnies can be carried in the original panniers and topbox combined, after all what else is there to carry? we have quilted riding outfits, surely they double as a bed.

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

7Back to top Go down   Luxury cruiser for sale on Ebay UK Empty Re: Luxury cruiser for sale on Ebay UK on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:31 pm

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
I know this is an inclusive forum and of course it's the owners property so he can do what the hell he wants but that's a waste of an apparently really good bike. What a shame, there are fewer and fewer decent K's on the road and this is one less. There are plenty of ropey ones with shagged bodywork to use as donors at less costs? I don't get it.Shocked

8Back to top Go down   Luxury cruiser for sale on Ebay UK Empty Re: Luxury cruiser for sale on Ebay UK on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:54 pm

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
I agree.  That was a waste of what looked like a really good bike, I'm not showing my wife, she's a 75s fan and it would make her cry. 

I'm building a rat myself so I do like them, but I'm starting out with a collection of bits and building it from nothing to build what I want, I'm not ruining a good bike but bringing life back to a bunch of bits that are sitting on a shelf.

Al

'87 K100RT with Paralever backend

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

Luxury cruiser for sale on Ebay UK K-dogs10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum