BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   K100RS 16v valve adjustment Empty K100RS 16v valve adjustment Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:35 pm

mr grumpy

mr grumpy
Silver member
Silver member
In view of the tools and shims required I don't feel inclined to do this job myself. Does anyone have a recommendation for a competent mechanic with brick experience anywhere near Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV11?

Thanks.

2Back to top Go down   K100RS 16v valve adjustment Empty Re: K100RS 16v valve adjustment Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:11 pm

sidecar paul

sidecar paul
Life time member
Life time member
Hi mr grumpy,

If the 16 valvers are anything like the 8 valvers, you won't need to adjust anything.

I'd just take the cam-box cover off and measure the valve clearances in the first instance, before paying someone to take the cover off and tell you that nothing needs doing.

If anything does need doing then look for assistance.

My outfit's (8v) clearances have never needed adjustment in 103k miles.

BTW, if you are in the UK BMW Club, the tools are available for hire.

Paul.

3Back to top Go down   K100RS 16v valve adjustment Empty Re: K100RS 16v valve adjustment Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:34 pm

mike d

Life time member
Life time member
BTW, if you are in the UK BMW Club, the tools are available for hire.
As the Club's Tool Hire secretary I can agree with that Smile 

Mike

4Back to top Go down   K100RS 16v valve adjustment Empty Re: K100RS 16v valve adjustment Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:46 pm

I used to be in the UK BMW club. My wife and I ran a brace of R1100S's at the time. Went to a few meets but were treated as lepers, it seems that the S was a bit of a sports bike and as we were under 60 riding sports bikes we must be the enemy.
I believe that they have even locked down their website these days so that us lepers cannot read it!

5Back to top Go down   K100RS 16v valve adjustment Empty Re: K100RS 16v valve adjustment Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:55 pm

mike d

Life time member
Life time member
I believe that they have even locked down their website these days so that us lepers cannot read it!
Sorry, that is not true at all. There are member only sections of the website and forum, but that is no different to many others.

Mike

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum