BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Silver or Black? Empty Silver or Black? Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:10 pm

Brynogwy

Brynogwy
Can anyone tell me or point me to a site that shows what models or model years have either silver or black engines and gearboxes?

thanks for reading.

2Back to top Go down   Silver or Black? Empty Re: Silver or Black? Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:24 pm

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
It's all a bit hit and miss. To begin with all the Ks were sold with bare aluminium timing chain, cam & crankcase covers, bellhousing, gearbox, swingarm and final drive.

Then, around the late eighties/early nineties, black bellhousings, gearboxes, swingarms and final drives began to appear on some models. This was about the same time that the K1 was seen with powder coated (yellow) items.

When BMW later released the K1 in Classic Black it had bare aluminium.

The follow-on K1100 models were all powder coated silver or painted black (the black is a paint and not very heavy either).

I think that the first model to have the black parts was the K75S but not all K75S have them. I think that it depends on the colour of the fairing and tank as to whether it had black or bare. To confuse things further, the original gold coloured K100LT had black timing chain cover, cam and crank covers yet had bare aluminium from the bellhousing back.

I'm afraid it's not quite as simple as pointing to a model year as both finishes remained for sale side-by-side for quite a while.

3Back to top Go down   Silver or Black? Empty Re: Silver or Black? Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:43 pm

Brynogwy

Brynogwy
Thanks Mike

4Back to top Go down   Silver or Black? Empty Re: Silver or Black? Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:53 pm

Comberjohn

Comberjohn
Life time member
Life time member
Whew! Glad that's sorted out then.Silver or Black? Icon_lol

1986 K100 Silver(gone)
2012 K1600GT(gone)
1984 K100RT Madison Silver(gone)
1989 K100LT Stratus Grey(gone)
1984 K100 Red(gone)
http://www.johnsdrivingschool.co

5Back to top Go down   Silver or Black? Empty Re: Silver or Black? Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:45 am

MXI

MXI

6Back to top Go down   Silver or Black? Empty Re: Silver or Black? Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:08 am

Brynogwy

Brynogwy
Thanks for your input MXI, the more I see the silver the more I dislike the black.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum