BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

301Back to top Go down    Re: The Banner on Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:49 am

Point-Seven-five

Life time member
Life time member
As I read this I'm sitting on the dock at the Youngstown Yacht Club where I work. I'm stuck here until 3 this afternoon. I don't know your schedule, but if you are here after three, I would buy you a Guinness and an order of wings at the Mug And Musket Tavern before sending you on your way.

302Back to top Go down    Free now on Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:20 pm

caveman

Silver member
Silver member
I finished my choirs for the day and now free till Monday. If you know where you are going to nest tonight and it's less than 300 miles from me (intersection of I79 and 80) I maybe be able to meet up for a cool one this evening. I'll PM you my cell #.

303Back to top Go down    Re: The Banner on Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:24 pm

Two Wheels Better

Thanks, gents. In the end I slept an hour on the soft grass of an upstate rest stop, downed some Gatorade, almonds, a muesli bar, then muscled my way through the fatigue and made it to Russell, MA where my old mate Illtyd is having a gentle (gentile?) garden party. I am tired, as can be expected, and that first Sam Adams Boston Ale has me slowly relaxing.

Trying to get up to N.B. to retrieve the Banner from Bert this coming week, details etween us not yet finalised. I'll be in the New England states for a week and a half and will endeavour to meet up with any and all potential Banner sKribblers as I make my way homeward.

I recommend to anyone a thousand mile day, just have a place to rest yer weary head at fullstop. Doh!

'87 K100RS, '93 K1100RS frame, forks, Paralever & gearbox with '02 K1200RS motor, brakes & wheels, aka theBig Block.

304Back to top Go down    Re: The Banner on Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:02 am

robmack

Life time member
Life time member
Same here. I calculated a 4.5 hour ride from Toronto to Watkins Glen which is doable. However, I have plans for the long weekend and couldn't reschedule any of the tasks. Hope you're passing through NY / Southern Ontario on your return.

http://k75retro.blogspot.ca/

305Back to top Go down    Re: The Banner on Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:10 am

Ed

Life time member
Life time member
well done TWB , a grand effort considering you are only on the first crossover leg of the States.
Beware of the fatigue though . rest is most important .

1993 K1100RS 0194321 Colour #690 Silk Blue aka" Smurfette"

306Back to top Go down    Re: The Banner on Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:10 pm

Two Wheels Better

After a coupla days relaxing in the much-needed shade of western Massachusetts I am in the eastern part of the state where it is 30+ degrees (low 90s) and VERY humid. I've travelled 3400 miles (5400+ kms) in ten days, three days of which were spent riding round the Black Hills, the rest on the road crossing this vast country.

I expect to be here in New England until next Wednesday then returning thru Upstate, Ontario, over the Great Lakes and beyond. Let's make a plan. I am quite flexible with taking detours as required to get sigs on the Banner.

Cheers.

'87 K100RS, '93 K1100RS frame, forks, Paralever & gearbox with '02 K1200RS motor, brakes & wheels, aka theBig Block.

307Back to top Go down    Re: The Banner on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:34 am

Two Wheels Better

I am riding, with brother Jo, to New Brunswick Canada on Thursday arvo to meet with Bert Friday morning and retrieve the Banner. The next leg of its journey begins!

Stopped in Pepperell Mass where Jo has built a beautiful house in the woods next to a pond. Gunna be 35c today so imagine a coupla brothers cannonballing off the end of the dock into a spring-fed, clear lake like the children we are!

It's a little slice of cool heaven in the New England woods. Winters are a bit harsh for this warm weather ungulate.

308Back to top Go down    Re: The Banner on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:42 pm

Gaz

Life time member
Life time member
Beautiful countryside TWB - very easy on the eyes compared to the tough time we are having in our very brown land. No green at all this winter.

Cheers

309Back to top Go down    Re: The Banner on Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:02 am

Two Wheels Better

@Gaz wrote:Beautiful countryside TWB - very easy on the eyes compared to the tough time we are having in our very brown land. No green at all this winter.

Cheers
Yeah, Gaz, shame about the drought. Feast or famine for our beloved Lucky Country. Australia, which rarely makes news in AmeriKa, unless a roo smashes through someone's window, Malcolm has a productive phone call with the clown, or a shark nibbles on yet another tasty surfie, is is all over the airwaves lately, especially now that New South Wales is declared 100% covered in drought.

310Back to top Go down    Re: The Banner on Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:31 pm

robmack

Life time member
Life time member
@Two Wheels Better wrote:... I expect to be here in New England until next Wednesday then returning thru Upstate, Ontario, over the Great Lakes and beyond. Let's make a plan. I am quite flexible with taking detours as required to get sigs on the Banner.

Cheers.
Hi, So that's Wednesday August 15th. What is your planned route? Is it up Maine Vermont, across at Montreal and northwards towards Ottawa, Algonquin and over the Great Lakes? Or are you going to hug the border through New York state and Southern Ontario then head northwards?

http://k75retro.blogspot.ca/

311Back to top Go down    Re: The Banner on Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:49 pm

Two Wheels Better

From western Mass I'll enter upstate New York near North Adams on the Mohawk Trail and go west across the state towards Buffalo - the route can vary as needed for sKribblers to meet with me. From there it's into Ontario and the rest is open, tho' my planned trajectory is up and over the big lakes then across Canada's prairie and mountain provinces to British Columbia. I may head out earlier, next Tuesday, but most likely ETD is next Wednesday.

312Back to top Go down    Re: The Banner on Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:37 am

Woodie

Silver member
Silver member
Looking forward to you pulling through this area! If an overnight stay hereabouts is needed, you are welcome here in lovely Welland.

313Back to top Go down    Re: The Banner on Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:32 am

Point-Seven-five

Life time member
Life time member
I would suggest that you cross from New York into Ontario at the Lewiston/Queenston Bridge. Then up along Georgian Bay to Sault Ste, Marie and up over Lake Superior. I did that trip last fall and the scenery is fantastic. There is a 200 mile stretch of wilderness where the road is the only sign of civilization. Make very sure you have a full tank for the run to Nipigon. I got there after a terrifying 50 miles with the red fuel light on, and ran out of gas a half mile from the gas station(which, of course, was up a steep grade from where I was). The tank was so dry I couldn't even smell gas in it.

Wish you were doing the return in the end of September. I am planning a trip on the TransCan from Winnipeg to Vancouver over the Canadian Rockies and would enjoy riding with you.

1992 K100RS

Past:
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

314Back to top Go down    Re: The Banner on Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:32 pm

Two Wheels Better

I'm in Woodstock, in the province of New Brunswick, Canada, on Atlantic time, after a 400 mile ride through the states of Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine. Heavy, grey thunderstorms, pregnant with rain, birthed on the highway in front of me and behind, and all I had was a wet ribbon of tarmac steaming and humid as I rolled along at 115kph. Can you imagine that the often cool Maritime Provinces get above 30c these days?!

Tomorrow, meet with Bert, receive the Banner, and engage US customs! It's a good thing my paperwork is in order.
study

315Back to top Go down    Re: The Banner on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:27 am

Two Wheels Better

It's official! The Banner(s) are in my possession. Bert, my brother Jo & I had brekky, laughed and waited out a rain storm of epic proportions.

316Back to top Go down    The Banner on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:09 am

norton71

Silver member
Silver member
I didn't realise Berts house was so large that each door was individually numbered with it's own marked parking space too Very Happy

317Back to top Go down    Re: The Banner on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:50 pm

Ed

Life time member
Life time member
Jealousy is rife here TWB . Can't imagine the fun you will have riding back around the lake .
Hope you get to catch up with a few krew along the way .

I see the 10th Anniversary of the Far Cairn Rally takes place as you arrive back in Oz . Possibly a bit tight for time getting it to the rally .

318Back to top Go down    Re: The Banner on Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:44 am

Two Wheels Better

@norton71 wrote:I didn't realise Berts house was so large that each door was individually numbered with it's own marked parking space too Very Happy
Bert is not known to brag. Those are the doors of each K bike!

319Back to top Go down    Re: The Banner on Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:49 am

Two Wheels Better

@Ed wrote:Jealousy is rife here TWB . Can't imagine the fun you will have riding back around the lake .
Hope you get to catch up with a few krew along the way .

I see the 10th Anniversary of the Far Cairn Rally takes place as you arrive back in Oz . Possibly a bit tight for time getting it to the rally .
The lake? There's a stack of them, Ed!

I have not looked at the FC dates this year. I'll be very busy thru September then free in October. I am looking at maps of OZ in a shortened version of my 2010 Ride Right Round....we'll see.

I do hope to meet with some members and am starting to align the route west and times, most likely departing New England this coming Tuesday by mid-day.

320Back to top Go down    Re: The Banner on Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:51 pm

Crazy Frog

admin
admin
@Two Wheels Better wrote:
You were not to reveal my secret TWB. I am glad that you didn't tell them that my shed has 18 rooms, and the last 2 are the bar and the pool. Very Happy

321Back to top Go down    Re: The Banner on Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:01 pm

Two Wheels Better

@Crazy Frog wrote:
@Two Wheels Better wrote:
You were not to reveal my secret TWB. I am glad that you didn't tell them that my shed has 18 rooms, and the last 2 are the bar and the pool. Very Happy
With K cylinder blocks for holding up the bar, pistons as drinking mugs and LT comfort seats to recline on, no, I didn't mention it.

322Back to top Go down    Re: The Banner on Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:58 pm

Ed

Life time member
Life time member
September will mark the 5th Anniversary of the sKroll's introductrion to the forum and the start of its global enkounters with many of the riders who frequent these pages .
I thought I'd put up a bit of a kollage of some of the places and faces it has had the pleasure of being in the kompany of .

2018 also marks the 10th Anniversary of the Far Kairn Rally in Tottenham NSW.

There are too many pics to tell the full story of the skroll's travels , and many more travels to be had .

Hoping to see it make its way to Japan , North Kiwiland , Kedada Alicante ( Spain)

323Back to top Go down    Re: The Banner on Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:01 pm

Crazy Frog

admin
admin
Thanks for the Kollage and posting it on the forum.
Hopefully, it will go around the world (again).

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum