BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

smithy

Life time member
Life time member
Hey Robin , it's good to see you don't do anything by halves. Hopefully you get it back together in time.
otherwise you could always plead with the young bloke for a loan of his F800R.

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
When the fog lifted at about 7.30am today, with all my chores done on Saturday. and the wife and kids in Brissy still, I didn't need much convincing to take the RS out for same exercise . I decided to take the route we'll take on the 23/11, I wanted to see the total km's we'll do on the day. I left at about 8.00am and rode down the waterfall Way and through Coffs Harbour to Sealy lookout, I was going to stop for coffee in Dorrigo but was enjoying the ride to much. After leaving the lookout I rode to Nana Glen and had coffee at the Idle In  Café , had a yarn with some top blokes from the Grafton vintage motorcycle club, checked there bikes out then went to lunch at my folks place at Nana Glen. After lunch at about 1.00pm I rode on to Grafton with a quick stop at the Golden Dog hotel on the way through  Glenreagh, After fuelling in Grafton I rode on to the Gibraltar Range and then to Glen Innes for an afternoon snack at the Super Strawberry, then back to Guyra. In total I travelled 500km's,  with a stop for lunch and a few coffee stops, I was back in Guyra at about 4.30pm. Though I must say it was a quick trip across the Gibraltar with the taco mostly 5000 rpm or higher. This has been a playground for me for over 25 years, living in the Orara valley for 18years and now Guyra for 8 years I never get bored with riding these roads. I normally don't stop and take pics , but after seeing the great pics that TWB posted, I did stop and take some teaser pics . 

The view looking back towards the Orara Valley
                                A Ride Through The Northern Tablelands - Page 2 Sunday11

The view looking over Coffs Harbour
                                 A Ride Through The Northern Tablelands - Page 2 Sunday12

A Ride Through The Northern Tablelands - Page 2 Sunday13

TWB took a great pic of his RS here so I couldn't resist doing the same
                                 A Ride Through The Northern Tablelands - Page 2 Sunday14

Great scones here rossko ( Super Strawberry Glen Innes )
                           A Ride Through The Northern Tablelands - Page 2 Sunday15

A Ride Through The Northern Tablelands - Page 2 Sunday16

98 K1100lt: Vin 8044

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Scones

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

Ghost who rides

Ghost who rides
Life time member
Life time member
Scones?

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
good post smithy ...
last time I came up the gibraltar ...with alby   we hit a total "white out" freeze event about there ...so needless to say we didn't stop for a pic that time .

looking forward to next month

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

smithy wrote:Hey Robin , it's good to see you don't do anything by halves. Hopefully you get it back together in time.
otherwise you could always plead with the young bloke for a loan of his F800R.
It's slowly going back together, parts are coming. No bottom O'Rings at all on the injectors Shocked  
He won't let me ride the F800 but this blue one is still here. 
It's been on gumtree and bikesales for a month now without a single call Sad
Took it out over the weekend to put a charge in the battery. It's seems to be running well.

A Ride Through The Northern Tablelands - Page 2 Left

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Between now ans the end of January it's hard to sell anything except Christmas things. People are either buying, saving for or getting over Christmas.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

I knew I should have painted it red and hung slay bells off it  santa

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
RicK G wrote:Between now ans the end of January it's hard to sell anything except Christmas things. People are either buying, saving for or getting over Christmas.
They don't call it the silly season for nothing, your right people seem to run up there credit cards before Christmas then take months after Christmas just paying them off. Well it looks like you'll have a bike to ride after all Robin.

smithy wrote:Well it looks like you'll have a bike to ride after all Robin.
Might not be a blue beemer though. 
I'm negotiating a swap for an Aprilla Futura, if but maybe A Ride Through The Northern Tablelands - Page 2 652573
Can't resist a bargain Smile

Well that deal fell through but what a bike. It's Aprilla's version of a sports touring bike. It was only in production for about 3 years (02-05 ?). The motor is smooth as silk, no vibes at all, the gearbox/clutch was also silky smooth, no clunks anywhere and didn't it go. It had staintunes on it but I didn't like the sound to be honest, it does not sound like a duke. I'd be saying goodbye to my drivers licence quick smart if I got that thing.

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
This trip better come off, I just polished an old exhaust and headers to a gleam and swapped it over onto the Blue Max, just so I can gloat. (No rain, no gravel and no grasshoppers on the way). Obviously I have to get a life.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
woohoo rt ...would be good to see you

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
RT wrote:This trip better come off, I just polished an old exhaust and headers to a gleam and swapped it over onto the Blue Max, just so I can gloat. (No rain, no gravel and no grasshoppers on the way). Obviously I have to get a life.
Now of course that you have told everyone about it there will be roadworks with just watered slop for mile on mile and one after another just for you:whistle:

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

65Back to top Go down   A Ride Through The Northern Tablelands - Page 2 Empty A Ride Through The Northern Tablelands Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:57 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Rick, just what I need. I'll have to carry a bucket and electric pump to wash her down now.
I love it when you are next in line at the roadworks red light and as it changes to green the water truck pulls out in front of you. Commie plot.

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Speaking of commie plots etc saw some pinko road workers on Tuesday, they had fluro pink safety vests on.
Me and Marg got all the way down to Tottenham and then back to Tenterfield before the buggers got me. I really thought I was going to make it all the way.

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Just in case you have put the mocca's on me (mokkers?).
A Ride Through The Northern Tablelands - Page 2 Polish11

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
We will let Bella know.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
stunning job bob ...gee I like that !

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Smithy, I'm sad to say I won't be able to make the tablelands ride. Work & family commitments have caught up with me. I guess trips to Mackay in Qld, Tottenham, Phillip Island and your Northern Tablelands ride all within about 3 months was a bit too much to hope for.

I'm sure it will be a great weekend for all - keep the rubber on the road and try not to contribute to government revenue.

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
Hey that looks great RT, maybe we all should give the K's a spit and polish for a group photo for the photo contest,  are we allowed group pics? Anyway I'm sure we could find you a bucket & chamois in Guyra .

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
crikey smithy ... i better start now ...just a few weeks to go ...
spit and polish ....hmmm
ok ill give it a try .....no promises mind you ....giggles

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
As I don't have Friday free , it looks like I'll probably head straight up the coast to Raleigh on saturday morning ,leave early in the cool.
Smithy what time do you think you will strike that area ? I'm thinking around 10ish. Is there a good spot to meet?

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
A Ride Through The Northern Tablelands - Page 2 10_x_110

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
Hey Ed we'll probably stop at Dorrigo for coffee on the way, so by the time we come through the promised land and onto the coast road it could be 11.00 ish depending on what time we get away from Guyra.  You could take the Bellingen turn off and before you get to Bellingen there's a fruit shop with fuel on the left. I'll pm my mobile number so you can send me a text and let me know how your traveling for time.

Smithy

Rockman

Life time member
Life time member
smithy wrote:Hey that looks great RT, maybe we all should give the K's a spit and polish for a group photo for the photo contest,  are we allowed group pics? Anyway I'm sure we could find you a bucket & chamois in Guyra .
No chance of spit & polish for mine. It'll be a multitude of colours, rust, dirt etc, but with luck it'll be going.

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
I think you have to be a bit Jack Nicholson to get them as good as it gets. Also helps having a spare off the bike to play with. They just re tarred my exit road today, and 30 deg means it's melting. Trying to make an aluminium guard to keep them clean. Where's that soap.

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
RT wrote:I think you have to be a bit Jack Nicholson to get them as good as it gets. Also helps having a spare off the bike to play with. They just re tarred my exit road today, and 30 deg means it's melting. Trying to make an aluminium guard to keep them clean. Where's that soap.
Foil Bob. You can peel it off just before you turn into Schoorn's drive and amaze everyone.
Just don't grab the Glad Wrap by mistake.

K1100RS 0194321

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
RT the soap is Sunlight soap, use it on fine or super fine steel wool to remove grime from alloy and gives it a great  shine.

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
Rockman wrote:
smithy wrote:Hey that looks great RT, maybe we all should give the K's a spit and polish for a group photo for the photo contest,  are we allowed group pics? Anyway I'm sure we could find you a bucket & chamois in Guyra .
No chance of spit & polish for mine. It'll be a multitude of colours, rust, dirt etc, but with luck it'll be going.
All colours welcome Phil, it'll be  good if you get it back together for the ride.

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
I am still hopeful.
Planning on leaving sydney about 11 on Friday and just doing the 8 hour run to Guyra to arrive on sunset.

rosskko

K1100RS 0194321

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
It'll be good if you can make it rossko, it's looking like we'll get a good turn up for the ride. Should be good.

I'm off to ride a K bike tomorrow, at last Smile
Maybe a deal can be struck.

On another note, the R1100RT tipped over today while strapped to the jack with no wheels on the bike. It took a lot of effort to get it upright again. I'm yet to see what is broken after that little episode. Sad It is in the midst of a refurb.

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
Hope it works out for you Robin, what's the K ?

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
RobinW wrote:I'm off to ride a K bike tomorrow, at last Smile
Maybe a deal can be struck.

On another note, the R1100RT tipped over today while strapped to the jack with no wheels on the bike. It took a lot of effort to get it upright again. I'm yet to see what is broken after that little episode. Sad It is in the midst of a refurb.
thats a real bummer Robin , lets hope it is minor .

Generally when removing both wheels at the same time , I place a 400mm bar through the front axle holes and support it on the outer edges with jacks,
 it helps balance the bike. usually done when taking both tyres in for renewal. sorry for not suggesting earlier.
how did your K preview go ?  maybe a surprise for the gang at Guyra in a couple of weeks?

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
A Ride Through The Northern Tablelands - Page 2 10_x_110

It'll survive Ed, it didn't drop, it was tied securely to the jack, it slowly tilted and then just lay down Smile 

I forgot I left the back wheel off to balance it on the jack. Once I pulled the front off to change the disks, it was just a matter of time till it went over. There was a lot of weight on the back disk as it went and that can't be good.

That K was an '03 1200 RS with 83K Kms for $5.5K. Very smooth ride indeed but it has a very aggressive seating position, I really had to reach for the grips. You'd need to spend a bit of time and money optioning up the seating, bars and pegs to suit. And I can't realistically park another bike here, the RS boxer has to go first.

Ok, so can people give me some indication as to who might like to stop over with us here in Guyra? First in best dressed for the spare room and there are 3 other mattresses that can be thrown on the floor. There is also plenty of yard for throwing up tents etc. Kerry showed up on Sunday afternoon driving a truck full of furniture and announced that I have lost my freedom and had I had a good time in my previous incarnation as a bachelor? Luckily for me she comes fully accessorised with a motorcycle licence, her own hillbilly dog and her own biking kit. :)Please be nice and respectful to her. :-) ( Which I know you all will anyway so I don't know why I said it) . 
A Ride Through The Northern Tablelands - Page 2 Sam_4016

Schoorn.

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Thank you for the offer Sean I will take one single with a power point for 2 nights.

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Rickmeister and I are booked into the Royal Otel for 2 nights. Hope it's within walking distance so we won't be
annoying you all night.(er from that you can deduce that we will be there on Friday for Evesong but can entertain ourselves Royally).
Haven't heard from Waz yet.
Better get your address secretly at some stage if you don't mind.

You'll be especially pleased to know that they are doing RT work on Thunderbolt's Way at the moment. Went down to Gosford on the bike last weekend and they have it organised so the water truck goes through just ahead of you, making that lovely slurry effect which clings beautifully to zorst headers. affraid 
PM sent.

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Room for one please Schoorn, if still available.  Otherwise I can join the Schnorers on the floor. 

Cheers, D

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hoping to make it ...will opt for the car shed if available ,,, rather than the tent

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
I detect a plot. No matter, I pulled another one apart yesterday, I'll carry spare polished headers and do a quick(A Ride Through The Northern Tablelands - Page 2 187214 ) changeover.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
woohoo bob !

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
charlie99 wrote:hoping to make it ...will opt for the car shed if available ,,, rather than the tent
Damn. That shed aint big enuff for the two of us.

tent it is.

wonder when I should tell my wife?

I have very small domestic testicles

K1100RS 0194321

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
Hey rossko , Don't worry about the space in Sean's car shed, it's possible you could end up here when you get back home.

The dog house.
                                  A Ride Through The Northern Tablelands - Page 2 Images10

klompy the grey brick

klompy the grey brick
VIP
VIP
rossko wrote:I am still hopeful.
Planning on leaving sydney about 11 on Friday and just doing the 8 hour run to Guyra to arrive on sunset.

rosskko
Depends on which way we go....
http://goo.gl/maps/A40Pi

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
ModelK 100 RS 83 (0502 ( 0503 )
Body typeK 100 RS 83 (0502
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

A Ride Through The Northern Tablelands - Page 2 Au-log10

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
a good route klompy

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
JK, that is the route of boredom.
Thankfully the route planned by Smithy on Saturday is the route of a thing that is better than boredom.

Im in for both.

Sunday can just work its self out

K1100RS 0194321

RT wrote:Rickmeister and I are booked into the Royal Otel for 2 nights. 
What's the pub cost for a bed?

I  might have a bike working by then.

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
$50.00 a night for a two bedder. Ulrich snores but I have found the perfect amount of alcohol that keeps me asleep.
The Royal's phone number is 02 6779 1005 if you need.

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Is the Royal Hotel better or on par or worse than the Guyra Hotel?

The Guyra Hotel is about 50 yards closer to Schoorn's. Less distance to stagger walk. Especially when two steps to the front means at least one to the left and a bit of a skip behind while tripping on a non existant crack in the pavement.

K1100RS 0194321

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum