BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hall sensor / rotor removal Empty Hall sensor / rotor removal Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:25 pm

Rabidchiwawa007

Rabidchiwawa007
Platinum member
Platinum member
Hello, I'm in the middle of working towards replacing some parts in the cam / timing chain area, and am having trouble with getting the timing chain cover off.  I've done everything the manual says, and everything this forum says, but simply cannot get the rotor to budge.  I've removed the 3 little allen screws securing it in place, and left the bigger 8mm center screw alone (as per the forum and the manual.  Is this thing just gummed up / carboned in place? Should I pry at it a little?  I don't want to break anything, and this one is kind of important.  :| 
After that, I'm going to have to get those oil pressure sensor wires out of the way somehow and I'm not too sure how to do that.

Here's where I'm at now: 
Hall sensor / rotor removal B2fqH0c

2Back to top Go down   Hall sensor / rotor removal Empty Re: Hall sensor / rotor removal Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:52 pm

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
There's no option but to disconnect the wires from the senders and pass them up through the cover I'm afraid.

As for the HES, there's a locating dowel pin to ensure the correct position. It may be that that is tight and is causing the trouble.

If you can lever the whole timing chain cover away evenly, it should bring the offending article with it. Alternatively, try heating the plate, it may expand faster than the pin and come free.

3Back to top Go down   Hall sensor / rotor removal Empty Re: Hall sensor / rotor removal Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:59 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
They are a very snug fit as Mike said and getting them of can be difficult. I had to actually wait till I was removing the cover and it came when I took the cover off as the seal pushed against the back of it.  But as she said the first time be gentle

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum