BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Someone needs this Empty Someone needs this on Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:02 pm

RicK G

RicK G
VIP
VIP

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1993 K1100 LT, 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 for now

2Back to top Go down   Someone needs this Empty Re: Someone needs this on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:12 am

Rockman

Life time member
Life time member

3Back to top Go down   Someone needs this Empty Re: Someone needs this on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:35 am

RicK G

RicK G
VIP
VIP
I ring for the Gumtree adds they dont seem to reply to email very quickly

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1993 K1100 LT, 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 for now

4Back to top Go down   Someone needs this Empty Re: Someone needs this on Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:56 am

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
Just tell them you're at sea or on an oil rig, you agree to the price and you'll send a courier to pick up the bike/boat/car.  Most Gumtree customers tend to like that sort of thing.  Oh also you'll pay in a cheque for US dollars.

Al

'87 K100RT with Paralever backend

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

Someone needs this K-dogs10

5Back to top Go down   Someone needs this Empty Re: Someone needs this on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:10 am

Within hours of posting that R1100RS on gumtree I had an SMS asking me to email someone details about it. 24hours later I got a similar SMS asking me to email someone else. Both messages came from the same phone number. How stupid do these nigerians think we are?  I mean, what genuine buyer will sms you asking you to email them?

On the plus side, I got a real phone call from a genuine buyer about it tonight, woohooo!!!  Might go soon ...

I took her on a run around Mt Tamborine on Sunday and that got it running right. Loosened up the tight bits and tightened up the loose bits Smile

6Back to top Go down   Someone needs this Empty Re: Someone needs this on Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:46 pm

Rockman

Life time member
Life time member
Bought it. $500. Now to pick it up and get it home. Anybody got a fuel pump?

7Back to top Go down   Someone needs this Empty Re: Someone needs this on Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:42 pm

RicK G

RicK G
VIP
VIP
Pump from an EB Falcon sedan will do the job just need some big zip ties to hold it in place.
The guys in US are getting good new pumps from Ebay for around $25 here in Oz about $50 - 60 will see it out.

8Back to top Go down   Someone needs this Empty Re: Someone needs this on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:31 pm

Rockman

Life time member
Life time member
@RicK G wrote:Pump from an EB Falcon sedan will do the job just need some big zip ties to hold it in place.
The guys in US are getting good new pumps from Ebay for around $25 here in Oz about $50 - 60 will see it out.
Good to know. I had it in the back of my mind that there was a car one that fitted.

9Back to top Go down   Someone needs this Empty Re: Someone needs this on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:11 pm

RicK G

RicK G
VIP
VIP
All the pump has to do is be able to supply the pressure and volume needed and it can be used but some are harder to mount than others.
EME in US have foam adapters to reduce the size of the hole so a smaller diameter pump can be used and then the big zip ties aren't needed.
The big advantage I see in using and setting up for the Ford pump is that they are available from most auto shops and even the occasional rubbish tip.Very Happy

10Back to top Go down   Someone needs this Empty Re: Someone needs this on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:36 pm

Rockman

Life time member
Life time member
@RicK G wrote:...
The big advantage I see in using and setting up for the Ford pump is that they are available from most auto shops and even the occasional rubbish tip.Very Happy
Good place for Fords. Nah, not true, I own a Ford, although its a Mazda:)

11Back to top Go down   Someone needs this Empty Re: Someone needs this on Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:58 pm

Rockman

Life time member
Life time member
Picked it up on Sunday. Geez Rocky is a long way away. Paintwork is crappy. Looks like house paint and is peeling off. Overall untidy, but pretty much complete. Rebuild thread coming up when I get time.

12Back to top Go down   Someone needs this Empty Re: Someone needs this on Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:20 pm

RicK G

RicK G
VIP
VIP
Thats the only reason I didn't grab it, a long way to go.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum