BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Back to top Go down    Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:48 am

caferacer62

Life time member
Life time member
Not one to normally get political but when it effects our rights and freedoms particularly as riders thats then it gets my dander up.
Federal gumment at a special 3am meeting today passed a raft of laws aimed at criminal activity within biker gangs.
Too bad part of those laws now state that it is illegal to ride in a group of more than 3 bikes. A lot of guys i know have already been pulled up and questioned here in Qld( thats where the idea for the laws started) Just average guys on all makes of bikes. One guy got pulled up 4 times in 2 days, twice with his wife on the back and on the same day.
There are many more parts to this law that are going to effect us in one way or another.
I have just sent an email to my local Member of Parliament, I know it wont do any good but I am damned if I am gunna roll over and wait for the pineapple.
I do not support the criminal activities of the gangs but whats next that they are going to change in the name of whatever they choose. We Australians do not have the same laws and freedoms that the Americans in particular.
Just my rant anyway.

As a footnote I have just had a call from my local MP, he said a lot of nothing really. But he did ring me within about 10 mins of my email. Gotta give credit where its due.

Lets not lose our pastime due to sitting on our hands and saying nothing.
Cheers

Don't give in to the Black Dog!
"A Zorst, a zorst my kingdom for a Zorst"

2Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:08 am

RicK G

VIP
VIP
We have in this country a gaurantee of "Freedom of Association" Jeff Kennet found out all about it in 1991-2.
The constitution gives us this right and that includes accociating with whoever we choose in whatever numbers we choose and this Abbott government will also come unstuck over such laws.
I would say that even now the lawyers are getting ready for a high court hearing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Declaration_of_Human_Rights

3Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:21 am

Two Wheels Better

The Gold Coast Bulletin (newspaper) has been crowing about the 'bikie issue' for yonks. They editorialise that it's driving away tourists from Surfers Paradise and the Strip and that 'something must be done!' It's the old 'must be seen to be doing something' typical of gubmints everywhere, and even the coppers know it can't be done. Of course they are an issue that needs to be dealt with, but do we read that the Gold Coast Bulletin editor is concerned for the number of tattoo parlours, prostitutes, robberies and back street drug deals that go on every night and day there? This is what attracts the crim element, of which bikies are a major part, but access to drugs, prossies and tattoos is also what attracts a certain 'class' of domestic and foreign tourist to the glitter strip. It's a seedy place at best.

Does anyone know where the money to pay for this extra surveillance on bikies is coming from? Watch the heads roll in the upper ranks of the Queensland police over the next few months. There is no money, so the Premier is going to have to sack a few of those in the upper echelon to pay for it. Of course it'll be kept quiet. They are already moving people into position. Let the shuffle begin. Watch for it.

'77 R75/7-1000cc, '87 K100RS, '89 K100 Big Block K12, '03 K1200GT, '04 R1150RT, '06 K1200R & '07 K1200R

4Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:34 am

Albyalbatross1

Life time member
Life time member
Little australia is only a young country...Might be time time we had our first civil war or revolution.  I looking for a patch of some sort to wear on my gear in protest. 

There is even talk at work of organizing rides in groups just to tie up resources around town untill they get sick of us Very Happy.

This is nothing more than BULLSHIT!!!!

5Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:41 am

charlie99

VIP
VIP
true that twb

but having worked around in the system for  a while ....a great big "capitol injection " into these services will take place

but little or no budget is ever ...ever ..accounted for to maintain the presence or keep the systems in place .

I think seriously about these matters ..and yes those blokes doing the wrong thing ....should do the time  ( they will definitely pick up some new scams whilst their inside anyhow )

but to outwardly discriminate against all motor cycle riders  is downright inflammatory ..and against the law ... as set up by them .

pity no one has successfully been able to gaol a politician for inciting violence and hardship caused by dumbass policy and racist decisions .

again a pity someone of great vision has not to date challenged the stupid draconian policy afforded to this absolutely dufus attorney general  that we accidentally elected into office by default .

we need some one of fortitude and strength of character to take them to task on human rights law at a minimum ...perhaps some of those equal rights lawyers  that have done so well in astounding battles .

even  the challenge that was proposed in "the castle " would be a push over argument ...."its the feel" ..."the vibe "

familiar to most of society with some sort of sense about themselves.

about time these "accountant responsible" fly by night floozy politicians took a big think about what they are trying to do and who they are affecting ...we vote and we chat ....beware political figures we have you in our sight and we don't forget .  erm much ! 

"only in queensland " I must say .....

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O

6Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:53 am

Don't worry, it's all about the bad bikies and as we know, all law enforcement officials are completely unbiased and impartial. There is no chance that these kind of laws could be used to enforce a police state or for a government to use them to control the populace as a whole.

No really, trust me....it will be fine. Just ask my German friends and their older relatives about pre-war Germany.
If you think that Germany was  a special case and that it could never happen here.......ask yourself this....if an electorate can effectively vote for a party that is going to let people drown off our coasts all for the sake of protecting our lifestyles.....then ask yourself how far a fear vote will go.........
Sean.

7Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:07 am

charlie99

VIP
VIP
hmm the  "attorney general" in a past life ...achieved ....the status "property transfer solicitor" ...according to "Terry Gorman"  

you've got to be joking that there isn't someone ....erm "more qualified" ....in almost anything

8Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:11 am

Two Wheels Better

One hears it all of the time, in the newspapers, at tea time on the tele, in conversations at smoko from well-intentioned folk who've apparently not been paying much attention to the details:

'If a law-abiding citizen is doing the right thing, then they have absolutely nothing to fear from these new laws...'

This assertion, however, assumes that 'The State' is either incapable of error or incapable of advertent or inadvertent wrongdoing. Surely, on reflection, The State will accept that law-abiding citizens of this country also want to know and be assured that the agencies of government are themselves law-abiding.

'77 R75/7-1000cc, '87 K100RS, '89 K100 Big Block K12, '03 K1200GT, '04 R1150RT, '06 K1200R & '07 K1200R

9Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:40 am

BIG D

Life time member
Life time member
Cool 

Shocked "Blimey" sounds like you guys have got your hands full down under,

Rest assured in this part of the world we are not much loved either Sad 

any minority is always easy pray like the song said you have to fight for your right to party.

BIG D

10Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:42 am

Crazy Frog

admin
admin
What is the definition of a group?
What is the minimum distance between bikes to avoid being consider as a group?

A friend asked me if a sidecar is considered as one or two bikes.....

Last edited by Crazy Frog on Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

11Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:51 am

charlie99

VIP
VIP
not specified

but mentioned as three or more

ill be making a guess ....as upto the judgement of the officer at hand...bert

crikey ...leaves anything to be open ?

12Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:10 am

Two Wheels Better

@Crazy Frog wrote:What is the definition of a group?
What is the minimum distance between bikes to avoid being consider as a group?

Here's how it's done Down Under...

The coppers line up and pull every single vehicle over, while some drivers are waved through seemingly randomly, but even my 76 year old Mum driving her old Ford will get pulled up at RBTs (Random Breath Tests).

Members of the Black Uhlans M/C get run through the gauntlet.

Any time a driver or rider is pulled up by the constabulary forces, even for minor infractions, a tube is stuck in your mouth and you're asked to blow, or count to ten. It's on the end of their clipboard. It's expected. No one even blinks anymore. Cap in hand.

13Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:15 am

RicK G

VIP
VIP
@Albyalbatross1 wrote:Little australia is only a young country...Might be time time we had our first civil war or revolution.  I looking for a patch of some sort to wear on my gear in protest. 

There is even talk at work of organizing rides in groups just to tie up resources around town untill they get sick of us Very Happy.

This is nothing more than BULLSHIT!!!!
It happens on average something like every 400 years so we arent due yet but an average is only that.
It would be easy to absolutely choke the freeways by claiming that you were slowing down to get away from other bikes so as not to be associated with them.

14Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:36 am

Crazy Frog

admin
admin
No more motorcycle rallies or bike races in Australia Sad  or no more charity rides like the Pink ribbon event. That would be against the law.
Maybe these associations should help you to get your freedom back.

Bert

15Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:46 am

Two Wheels Better

The Phillip Island MotoGP is on this weekend. Already there are massive hordes of law-abiding, occasionally excessively throttle twisting bikers heading down thatta way in groups, from all over the country to Victoria in the south.

Next week we will hear and read about the frequent stops. It can't last, but it sounds good to the mainstream that those 'bad bikies' are being attended to finally. Pity they lump us all in, though most people know the difference, but it's quite a broad brush stroke.

16Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:51 am

RicK G

VIP
VIP
The whole issue will end up in the high court very quickly and get thrown out on it's arse like every other time the stupid pollies have tried stunts like this.

17Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:25 am

caferacer62

Life time member
Life time member
Well according to number one son( who has been in the police force for 9 months now) the whole thing is just gunna get worse. Directive is to keep pulling all motorcycles up and do full checks.
Worst part is that he has been sent to the Gold Coast as part of the task force on the gangs for 10 days. Think he would've been safer staying in the army and going to Afghanistan.

Apparently the political theory is if they keep annoying normal motorbike riders that we will be against the gangs and everybody will help the gummint with thier task. And we will all live happily ever after with santa and the Easter Bunny.

I really do wonder were they get thier ideas from.

Just remember a Frightened society is a controllable society........................

18Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:55 am

K75cster

Life time member
Life time member
Qld started it and Vic bloody toria added to it now NSW has enshrined it so thats Ofarrell not Abbott, its to park the kids of a night as in gangs and its to pester the outlaw bikie types, so we can just play for awhile unitll we see if those outlaws are really outside the law or just faking it. soon to see. then after we've seen what it does to them and what they do about it, then we could start litle rides of 3 and above just to keep them happily employed untill it becomes too costly and it is weakened, then we go back to normal, wont be a civil war here, too busy taking the piss out of the opposition to be bothered fighting them.

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

19Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:10 am

RicK G

VIP
VIP
Keep ringing the crimestoppers line from a public phone and tell them there are some nasty bikie types hanging round this house in your street and then give them the address of one of the local cops.
Many of the cops were a part of the drug trade on the Gold Coast for the last 40 years and now the idiot pollies expect them to do something about it. Some will end up with big holes in their head.

20Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:13 am

Albyalbatross1

Life time member
Life time member
And it got worse today.....  Not Good at All

21Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:30 am

K75cster

Life time member
Life time member
Well thats an interesting read, maybe i'm cool with anarchy, better get the bike ready, lucky I havn't painted it yet may have to go camo

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

22Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:15 am

klompy the grey brick

VIP
VIP
How embarrassing would it be to pull over a dozen K100's with the riders an average age of 50 odd....not particularly challenging from an unarmed combat viewpoint when all i carry is spare parts and nibbles.

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
ModelK 100 RS 83 (0502 ( 0503 )
Body typeK 100 RS 83 (0502
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

23Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:39 am

It looks like the harassment has started in town. The boy got pulled out of morning traffic dressed in office clothes and had a breath test, licence check, rego check and then they ran through a check list on his 6 month old bike and took their time about everything. He was a half hour late for work.

I'm heading out for a run tomorrow, we'll see how many times I get stopped.

24Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:05 pm

smithy

Life time member
Life time member
@Klompy the grey brick wrote:How embarrassing would it be to pull over a dozen K100's with the riders an average age of 50 odd....not particularly challenging from an unarmed combat viewpoint when all i carry is spare parts and nibbles.
Maybe I'll give them something to pull me over for, instead of taking the ute and rifles for a bit of recreational hunting I'll take the bike, I'll strap the 243 Winchester on one side and the 30/30 on the other . And when they pull me over they would have to let me continue as I'm a licenced rec hunter with licenced rifles, and there is no law to state that I can't have them on the bike as long as the rifles are concealed in there gun bags. And the state pollies are the idiots that have opened the national parks for rec shooting , so I wonder how they would deal with that.

98 K1100lt: Vin 8044

25Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:36 pm

Albyalbatross1

Life time member
Life time member
We all know who really hang around in groups, wearing club colours, carrying weapons and intimidating the members of the general public DON'T WE?

Why cant they let main roads do the traffic thing and let the coppers actually chase the real criminals?? Just sayin..

26Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:54 pm

Ahhh Queensland...beautiful one day....South Africa the next.

27Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:40 am

caferacer62

Life time member
Life time member
That guy on the right at the rear looks way too happy.

No.1 son was telling me they picked up group of Highway66 guys and average age was 60ish. Apparently they were ok with the stop but as I said to him I wonder how they will fell after the 20th time they get pulled over. Also picked up bunch of Black Uhlans,dont think they were quite as happy.
Quite a few of the plod at his station ride bikes(as does he) and are pretty easy going on the whole thing with average riders. But it only takes a couple of over zealous ones to take it to the annoying level.
I suppose most average plod are just doing what they are directed to do, its just a shame some enjoy taking it too far.

Also during the chat I had with my local MP, when asked about the riding in groups thing this what he stated. Well you should ring your local traffic branch and let them know that your are doing a group ride and that you will only riding in 3s or 4s with a distance between you. Pffft like hell, for one I dont think the local trafiic branch will give a rats. Do cyclists in their lycra have to tell anyone when they get out in groups of 30 to 50 weaving all over the place and generally not obeying any road rules.

28Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:31 am

K75cster

Life time member
Life time member
The Ullysses club meets every wednesday Saturday and Sunday for a ride, usuallly 10 to 30 of them depending on the day and the destination, Small business will certainly feel the loss of business if the old farts get sick of being pulled over all the time and dont go to the devonshire tea places for their latte's and or the bistro at the local for lunch on these rides, not to mention the other club rides of a similiar ilk, Wonder how long before the polloes are villified on telly for that, Wonder if the 48,215 car club would get pulled over even.

29Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:59 am

ausbrick

Silver member
Silver member
Unfortunately you banana benders have always had a mentally stunted series of state government and draconian laws. Lets all hope it dies quickly , imagine if it spreads to the rest of the country. Tomorrow the gp run takes off ,several thousand bikes all 4 abreast heading down the island that would stuff the coppers . Time to organize a run up your way of similar proportions and let em try and deal with it ,hell I'd even make the run up to be part of it as would many others . Stick it up em I say AB

30Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:14 am

TacKler

Life time member
Life time member
@Saxon7 wrote:Ahhh Queensland...beautiful one day....South Africa the next.
Hmmmm.....  If we turn into RepubliK van Suid AfriKa, then that would mean Brisbane becomes the murder capital of the world.  scratch

31Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:34 am

Thanks guys for telling us about this draconian new law. Aus was on my list of places that I would spend a month on holiday in the next few years, but no longer. Stupid laws like that may put many tourists off.

32Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:53 am

TacKler

Life time member
Life time member
Bikerboy, 

Don't be put off by the comment here.  The funny thing is that the legislation is not due to come into effect till this weekend. 

If you are planning to visit in the next few years, then the novelty will have worn off and things will be back to normal.  Unfortunately the motorcycle community as a whole tends to get paranoid when things like this happen.  We have ALWAYS been seen by the law makers in this country as an easy target and one that cannot defend itself.  (Uncordinated mob, limited economic value, and all that sort of rubbish).  Sad but true. 

So, when the time comes around for your visit.  Sit back, take another slug on your beer and enjoy the scenery.  It will be worth it.  Anyway, I will probably be over there visiting your part of the world before you get over here.     We can talk about our Tornado days. 

Cheers, Dave.

33Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:11 pm

ausbrick

Silver member
Silver member
Yeah I agree, Bikerboy don't miss Aus on account of anything, its a great country and very large with a lots of incredible scenery,people and miles of great roads .I'm sure glad I was born here . Crap like this comes and goes but anything threatens my freedom to enjoy the passion of my life  is going to get me going and so it should be. Cheers AB  Evil or Very Mad PS just getting my jacket on to join mass mobs of fellow bikies  for the GP run .cheers Yeeeehaaaaaaa

34Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:56 pm

RicK G

VIP
VIP
All the Queensland Government is doing is chasing the "Bad ass Bikies" away from the Gold Coast instead of using the law as it was to arrest and imprison them, they will move interstate and be someone elses problem.
They, the government, is so stupid and short sighted in what they are doing. This law WILL be over turned by the High Court and then the biker gangs will be able to get compensation from the state government for the "illegal harassment they have suffered" and the people of Queensland will be millions of dollars out of pocket and to be quite honest the 53% of people who elected the sawn off little runt deserve it.

35Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:18 am

Two Wheels Better

I was in a café this morning sipping a cuppa and reading the Courier Mail newspaper. What should I discover upon turning to page three (no, not a set of lovely jubblies), but a full-page 'advertisement' suggesting to the general public not to worry, we'll take care of you, you've no need to fear the baddies, 'cause we're gunna bust 'em up and show 'em who's boss. Paid for the Queensland Police.

36Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:25 am

klompy the grey brick

VIP
VIP
sounds like a physical challenge....any bikers reading this know that this is entrapment.....

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
ModelK 100 RS 83 (0502 ( 0503 )
Body typeK 100 RS 83 (0502
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

37Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:26 am

RicK G

VIP
VIP
I wonder if the i****t Queensland premier will get the trains to run on time.
My local member is the health minister and is a complete d******d he fits in well with the rest of the government.

Admin Moderation: Please restrain to call people names (even if they deserve it).

38Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:34 pm

Two Wheels Better

39Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:34 am

caferacer62

Life time member
Life time member
Well I heard this morning that the HOGS AGM was in Coffs harbour this weekend and that the Qld chapter were heading home today. Police were directed to the border to pull up EVERY bike. Would have been a long event as there was 200 - 300 returning home.There President is a current police officer too.
I know that its Harleys but they are Motorcyclists like us.

The new law is  called the Vicous Disestablishment Association Law 2013.
Not much mention of bikes in that is there?

Hey TWB did you see a few pages on the comment from a couple of high ranking lawyers warning not to expect the High Court to throw the law out.

40Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:01 am

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
Australia is not the only place with that problem. Look at New York recently where a gang attacked a guy and his family in an SUV, there are now moves afoot there for some action. There have also been similar incidents in other countries.  The problem of a few getting the entire a bad name does need to be sorted because its not good for all or any of us.

The real question is how to stop the problem in the first place. Working together is part of it, perhaps the particular law can then be used when its needed. Far easier surely if the police know there is a rideout at a particular time and place so that they know who is involved and know its just leisure and no further intent.

The Irish solution tends to be that the law is passed but you would then find it used somewhat selectively so that the average good guy gets little hassle. In other ways it becomes unworkable because you end up with a traffic congestion and lots of bikes travelling individually ending up grouped together so what does one do? What happens, for example, at a bike show or track event?

Is there a workable alternative, eg a members club or a register that could be made? It seems like Big Brother but if it makes police life easier too perhaps there could be a positive spin off for all. Most of us over here do take some time to get to know one or two members of the local police force and its worth while. It doesn't stop you getting a ticket but it does let them know you don't represent trouble and they can use their resources elsewhere.

I suppose its a case of try not to lose sight of the initial problem. The proposed solution is not ideal but if it promotes a better one we should look for it.

41Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:29 am

RicK G

VIP
VIP
The big problem with this law is that it is designed to make the problem bikies move somewhere else and not stop them from selling/making the drugs. This government wants to move them to interstate so the problem isnt theirs.
They have laws in place to be able to stop the bikies operating but that will take extra police and money so just do it the lazy way and to hell with who you harass in the process.
I wont say that I am right now but there is a real good chance. 40 years ago the "Finks" an bikie gang ( and I was hanging round with them till I saw what was really going on) was responsible for a lot of the drug trade on the Gold Coast mainly because there were quite a few cops involved with them then and now I would say that is equally true. That is why the police want them to move on so that they wont be involved in any "real" investigations.

42Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:22 pm

MT350Explorer

Life time member
Life time member
Never happen in Scotland.

Because there's only ever been one K100 meet and it was only 2 bikes

lol!

Sorry to hear you Guys are suffering at the hands of political halfwits - that's the same the world over.

Cheers
Dave

43Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:19 am

Ed

Life time member
Life time member
no worries guys , just make sure your leader rides with his colours ,and all is good!
enforcement bureau can see there is no intent.... 

Klub members...

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"

44Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:25 am

K75cster

Life time member
Life time member
Nice Pics groverK, The leader is wearing the pink suit posited as being the new inmate uniform for the Evil wicked Mean and Nasty bikie types, was he expecting trouble?????? Go directly to gaol?
Now now! that's not how the k1100 is spossed to wear a bra, I think ya need more practice putting one on.

45Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:54 am

Crazy Frog

admin
admin
Is the intimidation campaign still on?

46Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:57 pm

charlie99

VIP
VIP
yes it appears so cf

there is a plan for all motorcyclists to protest at their "state " capitol  parliament house on December the 1st this year

I would be assuming that all streets in the local surrounds will be unpassable for many hours during this event

i attended the "anti compulsory helmet law" demonstration in Sydney some nearly 40 years ago , (the clever folks wore helmets anyhow )

I recall that for about 3 hours  there was very little traffic movement (besides motor bikes ) ...some folks just ran out of fuel at the most inconvenient locations ,,,like major crossroads  etc throughout the cbd of Sydney that day .

I recall that the protest affected all movement of traffic thought the city for many many hours .

now I don't think that most of society believes the undertones of how this might be affecting the "normal " bike riders out there ...but believe that most of the riders on the road, wearing "patches "
 are part of the same issue and... ergo ... must be a problem for the rest of society ..because they deal in drugs etc

as reported else where ...the police recommend ...advise... reporting  planned "out rides" by all casual motorcycle riders ... over the next few weeks at least

yeah right !

I recommend that we all phone in "dubious " planned ride events ..out of the city and in premium motor cycle  travelled roads  that are in your area for the day in question

for the brissy folks ......Dayboro .. the dams area etc
for the Sydney guys ...perhaps, putty road ....wisemans ferry....national park ...Gosford etc

they can work it out, and put resources in those locations whilst we ....erm ,,,cruise the city

47Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:58 pm

RicK G

VIP
VIP
The legislation is a piece of junk and will go down in a screaming heap in the high court.
The premier of Queensland has even gone so far as to try to tell the judges what to do and they in turn have told him in no uncertain way what he should do. Tony Fitzgerald who is a well respected Counsel and was the one who bought the Joh years to an end (Joh Beljke Peterson was also a premier of Queensland and was without doubt the most corrupt government in Australian history)  has said that the legislation doesn't stand a shit shows chance in hell of getting past the high court.  We as the people of Queensland will end up paying all the costs associated with the failure while this puffed up bag of S**t Premier can beat his chest at the bikies and make them move interstate to be a problem somewhere else instead of doing the right thing and drag the bikies and police in who are in it up to their necks (drug trade) and deal with them under current law which has all the power that is necessary.

48Back to top Go down    Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:28 pm

RT

Life time member
Life time member
Just want to re open this thread to let everyone know what's happening in NSW.
Last weekend the Highway patrol launched a blitz on motorcyclists up and down Macquarie Pass to the Famous Pie shop.
If you've never seen it on a weekend, it is a crazy busy twisty ride up from the coast to the Pie shop at the top.

The Police had 3 unmarked vehicles going up and down the Pass all weekend, pulling out of flat ground in front of any bikes, and sitting on 40 klm/hr all the way up, then moving over a bit near double lines, encouraging everyone to pass. They had radio contact with  marked cars up the top of the hill and pulled everyone over for sound checks and roadworthy checks. Almost everyone received a penalty (indicators too close together, bar end mirrors, modified rego plates (a bit cut off the edge to fit the holder)). And of course loud exhausts, even though the Police had no measuring equipment, and ignored Staintune compliance stickers. Just makes everyone have to go and get an official check done then front court.

This has happened before, and some Police were taken to Court regarding the way they operated, but were let off.

There is an online petition at Change.org if anyone feels like signing it, pretty cranky mob around here
at the moment.
RT

49Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:58 am

Two Wheels Better

Upon mis-reading the headline I began to wonder if Aussies really minded we lost to the Kiwis in that elitist schoolboy version of the game; not real football. But to the average OZ it's more like...I couldn't be bovvered. Let's go to the beach!

With Bleijie in the opposition in Qld (and Newman long gone) all he can do now is whinge, and the cops can hold press conferences explaning why they didn't earmark enough money on arresting paedophiles and investigating proper crims.

I feel sorry for you poor sods in NSW. From afar, it appears in the news and from comments from family and friends at home, more and more that T.L.C. (The Lucky Country) is going the way of the thumb sucking nanny state. It might just be time for an individual Bill of Rights.

50Back to top Go down    Re: Tis a sad day for Aussie riders. on Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:19 pm

Gaz

Life time member
Life time member
Hey RT, can you post a link to the actual petition?

Looked on Change.org with a search of "NSW police" and there were 561 pages came up. I'm afraid I only waded through the first couple of pages .......... didn't see it yet.

Cheers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum