BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Wanted Knackered Radiator Empty Wanted Knackered Radiator on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:49 am

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
I'm looking for a radiator to send to someone who makes stuff from stainless steel and aluminium for him to make a cover/guard.

The bloke (in the UK) has his own company and since buying a GS has been making and selling various bits of bling as a side-line.

I'm in discussions with him about making a decent combined radiator cover and guard that will utilise the existing fixings and clean-up the look of the naked radiator.

It strikes me that there'd be a pretty good market for such a thing as the OE naked bike rad covers are like hen's teeth and not always what a cafe conversion needs.

As it only needs to serve as buck around which the cover will be formed, it doesn't need to be in good condition.

He's also interested in making stainless steel replacement grilles for the various OE radiator and bellypans but first things first.

2Back to top Go down   Wanted Knackered Radiator Empty Re: Wanted Knackered Radiator on Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:37 am

RicK G

RicK G
VIP
VIP
I cant help with a shagged radiator but I do agree we need to get someone to make a cover of some sort that not only prevents the rocks but looks right and comes round the ends of the radiator.
There is a guy that is advertising here about replacement panels from FRP and was thinking about contacting him to make copies of the OEM but I dont have a K100 surround to give or loan.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1993 K1100 LT, 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 for now

3Back to top Go down   Wanted Knackered Radiator Empty Re: Wanted Knackered Radiator on Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:02 pm

Comberjohn

Comberjohn
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Mike. Sounds like an interesting project and I just happen to have a complete, sound radiator that I'd be happy to lend to you.
PM me with your address if you want me to post it to you.

1986 K100 Silver(gone)
2012 K1600GT(gone)
1984 K100RT Madison Silver(gone)
1989 K100LT Stratus Grey(gone)
1984 K100 Red(gone)
http://www.johnsdrivingschool.co

4Back to top Go down   Wanted Knackered Radiator Empty Re: Wanted Knackered Radiator on Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:47 pm

RicK G

RicK G
VIP
VIP
I was thinking (no comments required) last night and came up with something along the lines of what the old Suzuki water cooled tripple has http://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsaunders47/5291050504/lightbox/ like a cap around the end and a mesh across the front.
Brings back memories of picking mine up new except it was green.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1993 K1100 LT, 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 for now

5Back to top Go down   Wanted Knackered Radiator Empty Re: Wanted Knackered Radiator on Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:06 am

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
@Comberjohn wrote:Hi Mike. Sounds like an interesting project and I just happen to have a complete, sound radiator that I'd be happy to lend to you.
PM me with your address if you want me to post it to you.
Cheers.

I've contacted Mark to see if it can be sent straight to him for us to discuss the options. I'll get back to you as soon as I have an answer.

Here's his web page, it may give an idea of his capabilities:

http://www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk/

Mike.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum