BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Clutch cable breaking Empty Clutch cable breaking Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:16 pm

Rob Roy Mcgregor

Silver member
Silver member
85 k100 rs. .    Hi have any of you had the clutch cable break about a foot down from the lever next to the tank and what did you do to cure it fom kinking

i have had 2 cables break now in the same place and was wondering if the routing was incorrect on my bike,its always when you turn the bars all the time it seems to kink the cable and eventually snap.There doesnt seem to be any free slide in the cable casing to allow it to slip back along the top of the air box,as always your comments will be much appreciated

2Back to top Go down   Clutch cable breaking Empty Re: Clutch cable breaking Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:18 pm

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
Not sure how you routed it but it should take a gradually curving path down in front of the steering head to under the right side of the tank and then back to the left by the intake plenum.

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

3Back to top Go down   Clutch cable breaking Empty Re: Clutch cable breaking Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:28 pm

Rob Roy Mcgregor

Silver member
Silver member
Thanks for that i will look at it tomorrow in the day light

it goes under the clocks,its a bit tight then down along the fork tube,around the corner then off down under the tank where it tihgt on top of the plenum and then off to the rear.the issue i think is that there is that the cable doesnt slip back and causes it to kink then eventually snaps ,its a pain in the neck and always goes when your in stop start traffic

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum