BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    Can I safely remove this?? on Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:27 am

Fentible

Silver member
Silver member
Well after e few months delay (XS400 rebuild) I'm back onwith my k100. Reading Jez's post regarding fuel pressure's he already had apicture of an item I was going to ask about. Its the switch on the right of throttle cable bracket and Ithink he was advised that it was only fitted to early K's (like mine) and could safely be binned without any effect. Could one ofthemore knowledgeable residentsplease advise me if that is the case and what its purpose was?

Sorry aboutthe slightly blurry effect, forgot to switch macro on.

Thanks

Fent

2Back to top Go down    Re: Can I safely remove this?? on Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:48 am

RicK G

VIP
VIP
It is to do with ignition but apparently was of little or no benefit and factory scrapped it with no ill effect and no change of part etc. They are best for using in a slingshot and firing it at the local cats. Don't forget to cap the vacuum takeoff on #1 throttle body.

3Back to top Go down    Re: Can I safely remove this?? on Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:10 am

Fentible

Silver member
Silver member
Thanks RG, Im taking the TB's off for a clean up and the vacuum hose to this switchwasperished. So aside from leaking air into what seems a reasonably running engine,I guessed it wasn't doing much else.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum