BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Strange dealership policy Empty Strange dealership policy Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:00 pm

martyman

martyman
Silver member
Silver member
I ordered a rear brake light switch from the BMW dealership in Newmarket Ontario a few weeks back.  Today I had to head up that way, its an hour from my home and when I got there I found it was not the right part.  Honest mistake and I was not annoyed at all and asked if they could order the right part and watched the parts guy try to find it without luck so I asked for the money to be put back on my Visa.  This is the part where I got a bit annoyed when I was told that the owners policy is to refund you by sending a cheque in the mail.  All the BMW dealerships that sell motorcycles are not close by to me so I decided to order a used switch and a new set of brakes from Beemer boneyard, ended up being close to the cost of just the new switch...eventually I will have to buy a new one and by then I hope to have found a better source for new parts.

2Back to top Go down   Strange dealership policy Empty Re: Strange dealership policy Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:29 pm

klamityboy

klamityboy
Gold member
Gold member
martyman wrote:I ordered a rear brake light switch from the BMW dealership in Newmarket Ontario a few weeks back.  Today I had to head up that way, its an hour from my home and when I got there I found it was not the right part.  Honest mistake and I was not annoyed at all and asked if they could order the right part and watched the parts guy try to find it without luck so I asked for the money to be put back on my Visa.  This is the part where I got a bit annoyed when I was told that the owners policy is to refund you by sending a cheque in the mail.  All the BMW dealerships that sell motorcycles are not close by to me so I decided to order a used switch and a new set of brakes from Beemer boneyard, ended up being close to the cost of just the new switch...eventually I will have to buy a new one and by then I hope to have found a better source for new parts.

According to VISA Canada Merchant guidelines the merchant must make their refund policy clear. If this refund policy was not disclosed, you could lodge a complaint against the merchant with VISA. Additionally, a refund and return policies must be the same for all types of payments.

Additionally you may have the grounds for a consumer complaint. If so you could determine if you have a valid complaint under the Consumer Protection Act, 2002 (CPA). If you have questions about your rights you may contact the Consumer Protection Branch at 416-326-8800 or 1-800-889-9768; TTY: 416-229-6086 or 1-877-666-6545. (info from Ontario Consumer Protection website)

Model Description: K 75RT
Market: Europe
Type: 0565
E-Code: K569
Engine: 3_ZYL - 0,70l (55kW)
Transmission: Manual
Body Color: Polizeiweiss
Production Date: 30.08.1990

3Back to top Go down   Strange dealership policy Empty Re: Strange dealership policy Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:52 pm

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Could it be simply that the owner does not trust his employees enough to issue on-the-spot refunds and wants oversight on each and every refund by someone in the office? Just saying. It sucks for you, what ever the real reason.

You should be entitled to your refund the way you paid it to them. That's the policy at our establishment. It's one of the ways you can have sound customer service and maintain repeat buyers.

4Back to top Go down   Strange dealership policy Empty Re: Strange dealership policy Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:14 pm

martyman

martyman
Silver member
Silver member
I did call Visa and they said to call them if I was not refunded within 15 days.  Running a small landscape business for the last 15 years I've had a difficult time dealing with local Canadian business.  I answer my phone when people call and jump to make sure I keep them happy, those days are long over for most companies.  I bought my snow plow from a company in Pennsylvania and might have to cross the border this spring to buy a regular cab Tacoma 4 cylinder 4x4 because Canada does not have it here.

5Back to top Go down   Strange dealership policy Empty Re: Strange dealership policy Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:28 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I have had similar experiences in the town where I live. I actually had one of them say to me "this is Stanthorpe mate not Brisbane" like it was a reason not to do as the law says. He is still in business but I dont know anyone in the district who has a good word for him. I reckon that if they started up in a big city doing business like they do here they would last about a month.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

6Back to top Go down   Strange dealership policy Empty Re: Strange dealership policy Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:55 am

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
Martyman,

I'd recommend you deal with an upstanding GTA BMW dealership, like Budd's BMW or Toronto BMW.  I'd steer well clear of Endras BMW in Ajax.  They are thieves and will try to pull stunts like the one you've experienced at Serpa (I assume it was Serpa).  Klamityboy is correct; the merchant must refund on the same financial instrument used to tender the original purchase.

7Back to top Go down   Strange dealership policy Empty Re: Strange dealership policy Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:45 pm

martyman

martyman
Silver member
Silver member
I can't seem to get the quote box to work...So talking to Visa they agree and say that If I do not receive a cheque in a few days I can put in a dispute.  Visa did call the company on my behalf so at least that BMW dealership knows they are being dicks.  I will definitely ask every time before I give out my credit card info what is there return policy.

8Back to top Go down   Strange dealership policy Empty Re: Strange dealership policy Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
martyman wrote:I can't seem to get the quote box to work...So talking to Visa they agree and say that If I do not receive a cheque in a few days I can put in a dispute.  Visa did call the company on my behalf so at least that BMW dealership knows they are being dicks.  I will definitely ask every time before I give out my credit card info what is there return policy.

Finally, we start to have enough Canucks on the forum to be able to help each others for Canadian related problems. Thumb's up for all the replies.

Season greetings to all.

CF

9Back to top Go down   Strange dealership policy Empty Re: Strange dealership policy Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:40 am

martyman

martyman
Silver member
Silver member
I know from going to the vintage meets there is more guys out there in Canada with K bikes  Very Happy  I hope this summer Robert has his beauty done and can to a few rides with him...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum