BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   K100RT, Central Coast AU, needs Gearbox Empty K100RT, Central Coast AU, needs Gearbox on Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:37 pm

Rendrag

Rendrag
Silver member
Silver member
Hi Folks,

Been holding onto my old K for too long, I have to let it go!  I have this bad habit of looking at things I dont' use and going 'but I *might* do xx with that later...' and then leave it sitting there.   Missus is hassling me about my odd jobs overflowing onto the back patio, because stuff I don't use anymore is taking up 3/4 of the garage!

No point typing it all out again, as I've popped it up on ebay - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=141151125762

Happy to let it go at the starting price for a forum member Smile

Cheers,

DG

Rendrag

Rendrag
Silver member
Silver member
Hmmm, so it didn't sell Sad

Have relisted it for $1100 start, $1400 BIN..   Am I asking too much? There's so much stuff there!  Maybe just a bad time of the year?

Thoughts?

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
bad time for me ..... I guess lots are in the same position

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%OK100RT, Central Coast AU, needs Gearbox Au-log10

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..

RicK G

RicK G
VIP
VIP
@Rendrag wrote:Hmmm, so it didn't sell Sad

Have relisted it for $1100 start, $1400 BIN..   Am I asking too much? There's so much stuff there!  Maybe just a bad time of the year?

Thoughts?
It's a hard time to sell anything, from Christmas till about 2-3 weeks after the kids go back to school and then they start thinking about what's doing for easter and start buying.
Have you thought about putting another box in it and selling as a complete going concern.
The hard thing is to get someone to buy at any price, anything is only worth as much as someone will pay.
The way to sell on ebay is to put a reserve on it and start at $0.99. I was watching a really nice 1992 735 series BMW car with about 10 hail dints and a smashed windscreen and needed a new battery. he couldnt sell for $800 and put it up for straight auction and got $880.
I couldnt get $800 for my 94 Fairlane in good nick but one guy bid $700 and came down the next day from Rockhampton to get it.
Selling anything now is just so darn flakey.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1993 K1100 LT, 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 for now

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
JMHO but reserve pricing is just plain stupid.  Just list an item with a starting price that is the minimum you'll take for it.

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT (x2)
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

Rendrag

Rendrag
Silver member
Silver member
@RicK G wrote:
@Rendrag wrote:Hmmm, so it didn't sell Sad

Thoughts?
It's a hard time to sell anything, from Christmas till about 2-3 weeks after the kids go back to school and then they start thinking about what's doing for easter and start buying.
Have you thought about putting another box in it and selling as a complete going concern.
The hard thing is to get someone to buy at any price, anything is only worth as much as someone will pay.
The way to sell on ebay is to put a reserve on it and start at $0.99. I was watching a really nice 1992 735 series BMW car with about 10 hail dints and a smashed windscreen and needed a new battery. he couldnt sell for $800 and put it up for straight auction and got $880.
I couldnt get $800 for my 94 Fairlane in good nick but one guy bid $700 and came down the next day from Rockhampton to get it.
Selling anything now is just so darn flakey.

I had thought about it, but a replacement box is $350 + shipping, at the best of times.  And then there's still no guarantee that I'd sell it for any more than I want now..

klompy the grey brick

klompy the grey brick
VIP
VIP
perhaps its worth a lot more as parts which they already are??

please consider...

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
ModelK 100 RS 83 (0502 ( 0503 )
Body typeK 100 RS 83 (0502
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

K100RT, Central Coast AU, needs Gearbox Au-log10

Rendrag

Rendrag
Silver member
Silver member
@Klompy the grey brick wrote:perhaps its worth a lot more as parts which they already are??

please consider...

Well that's what I thought..  Two years ago I ended up having to sell all the parts of my spare bike while between jobs, and they sold like hot cakes!   However in the last six months, I've managed to sell the speedo sender from this bike. And that's all! Sad

RicK G

RicK G
VIP
VIP
The Bricks are in a very bad situation now as they are just becoming classics as far as rego and clubs are concerned but even the guys that are classic nuts dont see them as classic they are just a modern bike that is getting a bit old and has all that electronics on them. My Z1300 Kawasaki is in the same situation and there was no where as many of them as Ks.
Not many people want them and there are still quite a few around but we cant get them all for $250 as waz did and there seems to be more spares than bikes on the road so the price is crap unless of course you want a right pannier or a comfort seat.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1993 K1100 LT, 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 for now

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
Hey Rick, from what I see most classic bike nuts with their BSA Triumphs ect, spend most of their time in the garage with one hand on there #ick and the other on a cleaning rag, and only riding their bikes once a month on a club runs, thats if the weathers good.. Though it is great to see those bikes out on club runs , the biggest difference I see is that most K owners are still putting plenty of miles on their bikes in all conditions, without the fear of, if they ride it too much they may wear it out. You can call the K Bike old or a classic or a modern classic but don't call it in a bad situation. With the thousands of members on this forum alone it will help the mighty K survive well into the future. And as far as more spares than bikes on the road that may be right, but I still see many Ks on the road in my travels, which is indicative of how reliable these bike are, which is probably why it can be hard to sell second hand spares sometimes, as most K owners today keep their bikes it top running condition, so the need for second hand spares isn't as great unless you are restoring a bike.

98 K1100lt: Vin 8044

RicK G

RicK G
VIP
VIP
You can call the K Bike old or a classic or a modern classic but don't call it in a bad situation.

Well do excuse me

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
Hey Rick, please don't take offence to my comment, as that is only my opinion, and I don't mind praising the K when I get a chance.

98 K1100lt: Vin 8044

Rendrag

Rendrag
Silver member
Silver member
What do ya know, it sold!!  Bloke up in Inverell bought it, bugger me that's a hike!  Looks like a courier is picking it up this weekend, will be kinda sad to see it go.  Though it'll be nice to have half of my garage back, once the bike and all it's boxes of spares go..

It's funny, I was trying to work out how long I'd owned the bike.  And it sold on the 12th of this month, at 12:16pm?  Well I BOUGHT it on the 12th of January, 2006, at 1:13pm. So I owned it for exactly 8 years and 1 hour.  That's freaky, right there!

Phil, the buyer wanted it somewhat back together for transport, so I've spent the last couple of nights after work putting all the parts back on it.  What do you know, it started on the second button press last night - was kinda impressed!

RicK G

RicK G
VIP
VIP
Jees Phil must be starting another museum in Inverell

15Back to top Go down   K100RT, Central Coast AU, needs Gearbox Empty Re: K100RT, Central Coast AU, needs Gearbox on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:09 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
yay ...!

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%OK100RT, Central Coast AU, needs Gearbox Au-log10

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum