BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   16v front brake caliper needed Empty 16v front brake caliper needed on Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:14 am

Due to a seized bleed nipple that sheared! I need a 16v or K1100 front right brake caliper.  I have pads and a new piston kit and a new bleed nipple so just need the caliper. It is the four piston one that has BREMBO cast into the outside.
I will start looking on ebay Germany and UK, but if anyone has one laying around I would rather buy from a forum member.

2Back to top Go down   16v front brake caliper needed Empty Re: 16v front brake caliper needed on Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:50 pm

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
When I was searching for a pair, I found that those listed for K-series were at premium asking prices. I can only surmise that the fact that they are a popular conversion for R100/80GS has made them a bit scarce.

Although BMW list different part numbers for what looks like the same calliper fitted to the K1200 and the R800/R1100 before they swapped to the next generation, there appears to be no fundamental differences.

I took a punt and picked up a pair from an R800R for forty-five quid (posted). Before refurbishing them I checked that they fitted and they do. The only difference that I could see is that there is an extra lug cast in the body that does not impede their use. 

So in short, don't rule out R800/R1100 callipers which seem to be much more plentiful and cheaper as a consequence.

3Back to top Go down   16v front brake caliper needed Empty Re: 16v front brake caliper needed on Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:09 pm

Thanks Mike. I have a list of: R80R, R100R, R1100RS, K1/100RS 16v and K1100LT & RS as matching the part number.
I am off the road now so need to get one soon. Not sure if the wife would be happy with me pinching her bike!

4Back to top Go down   16v front brake caliper needed Empty £ on Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:19 pm

Panic over. I have just ordered a R1100RS one from ebay Germany for €32 inc delivery. Lets hope that the post from Germany to France is nice and quick.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum