BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   TB adjuster screws Empty TB adjuster screws on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:20 am

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
Has anyone got an old knackered set of throttle bodies laying about that could donate a couple of the adjuster screws from?

Not the brass bypass ones, the ones that normally have a blob of blue on them. The ones arrowed:

TB adjuster screws K1100LT%20%28168%29a-L

I have two that have been butchered and BMW don't list them separately.

2Back to top Go down   TB adjuster screws Empty Re: TB adjuster screws on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:23 am

I would have thought that it would be dead easy to replace them with small metric bolts or screws. You could even cut the heads of those bolts and cut a slot in them to make a grubscrew the same as the originals.

3Back to top Go down   TB adjuster screws Empty Re: TB adjuster screws on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:42 am

RicK G

RicK G
VIP
VIP
A socket head grub screw would make it easy to do the adjustment

Bikes 1993 K1100 LT, 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 for now

4Back to top Go down   TB adjuster screws Empty Re: TB adjuster screws on Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:11 pm

Fentible

Fentible
Silver member
Silver member
Hey Mike Ive just dismantled a set of k100 TB's. I'm at work tomorrow but can nip across to the garage tomorrow evening and see what state they are in but you are more than welcome to what's there, how many do you need??

5Back to top Go down   TB adjuster screws Empty Re: TB adjuster screws on Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:53 am

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
@Fentible wrote:Hey Mike Ive just dismantled a set of k100 TB's. I'm at work tomorrow but can nip across to the garage tomorrow evening and see what state they are in but you are more than welcome to what's there, how many do you need??

That's damned decent of you.

I need two but there's no rush, I'm still a long way away from reassembly.

6Back to top Go down   TB adjuster screws Empty Re: TB adjuster screws on Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:33 pm

Fentible

Fentible
Silver member
Silver member
Mike P

Fortunately there were two serviceable adjuster screws on the set of TB's I had dismantled PM me your address and I'll drop them in the post for you.

Fent

7Back to top Go down   TB adjuster screws Empty Re: TB adjuster screws on Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:57 pm

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks very much.

PM on the way.  TB adjuster screws 112350

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum