BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Back to top Go down   Thermostat gasket, not o-ring - Page 2 Empty Re: Thermostat gasket, not o-ring Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:17 pm

tgolden

Silver member
Silver member

robmack indicates in post 47 that it's not a good fit. Perhaps we need a confirmation.

If anyone has bought a gasket that fits or doesn't fit, please indicate the complete maker and part number.

Regards

BMW OEM - perfect fit (manufacturer & part no. TBD)
ttg26 - fits when used with Tridon High Flow Thermostat TT2014-180
ttg47 - not a good fit (too large)
ROL Gasket WO8285-001 - does not fit

Reinz 225 33099 071 - does not fit - too large, 60mm diameter

Last edited by tgolden on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

52Back to top Go down   Thermostat gasket, not o-ring - Page 2 Empty Re: Thermostat gasket, not o-ring Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:22 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
the gasket does the job well

the new thermostat has solved my recent and not so recent (over the last 3 years and 2 different radiators and 2 stock thermostats ) heating issues big time .

not even idling for over 20 minutes in traffic jam moderately hot day ....in the mid thirtys (c) at least ...(after a quick run of over 150 kilometres ...so it was well heated and up to temp )....could convince the system that it even came close to turning the fan on.
or even indicating much over 92 degrees .,,,,at any part of a 600k (round about) trip over hill, spirited mountain climb and dale

thoroughly recommend the process ...

ill detail it somewhere else

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

53Back to top Go down   Thermostat gasket, not o-ring - Page 2 Empty Re: Thermostat gasket, not o-ring Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:03 am

tgolden

tgolden
Silver member
Silver member
charlie99 wrote:the gasket does the job well

the new thermostat has solved my recent and not so recent (over the last 3 years and 2 different radiators and 2 stock thermostats ) heating issues big time .

Which gasket?

Is the new thermostat original BMW or substitution?

Please provide details.

Regards

54Back to top Go down   Thermostat gasket, not o-ring - Page 2 Empty Re: Thermostat gasket, not o-ring Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:21 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
tgolden wrote:
charlie99 wrote:the gasket does the job well

Which gasket?

Is the new thermostat original BMW or substitution?

Please provide details.

Regards

the substitution ttg26 gasket and the high flow Toyota thermostat as mentioned earlier

I have some other findings though ,,,, as said, ill post the results ....when I can get pics up from the phone .

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

55Back to top Go down   Thermostat gasket, not o-ring - Page 2 Empty Re: Thermostat gasket, not o-ring Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:53 am

tgolden

tgolden
Silver member
Silver member
Just to make it clear for everyone, so they can source this gasket if need be:

ttg26 is Tridon Thermostat Gasket TTG26

This gasket fits when used with Tridon High Flow Thermostat TT2014-180.

http://www.tridon.com.au/Products/Product.aspx?SG=8&S=35&G=479&P=2003

http://www.onlineautomotive.com.au/Tridon-Thermostat-Gasket-TTG26

Thermostat gasket, not o-ring - Page 2 Z-ttg211

The TTG26 looks as though it has a longer rectangular cross section than the BMW OE u-seal and may not fit on the BMW OE thermostat.

I think we are still looking for an aftermarket thermostat u-seal that fit the BMW OE thermostat.

Regards

56Back to top Go down   Thermostat gasket, not o-ring - Page 2 Empty Re: Thermostat gasket, not o-ring Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:56 pm

diesputnikdie

diesputnikdie
I took delivery of the eBay gasket today and I'm sad to report that it does not fit.

The ID of the eBay gasket is ~60mm while the OD of the thermostat is 47mm, according to my caliper. TTG26 appears to have the correct ID and OD measurements.  Unsure about thickness though.

57Back to top Go down   Thermostat gasket, not o-ring - Page 2 Empty Re: Thermostat gasket, not o-ring Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:04 pm

tgolden

tgolden
Silver member
Silver member
What's the resolution of your caliper?

If you can take some accurate measurements to the nearest 0.1 or 0.01 of a mm, then please check the dimensions of the thermostat housing inside diameter and the thermostat flange diameter that mounts the u-seal as well as the thickness of the flange where the u-seal mounts.

I contacted Max BMW parts to see if they could source this u-seal like Motorworks does. They are looking into it, but requested some dimensions, because they don't have a thermostat in stock.

Regards

Replacement Thermostat U-Seal Status:

Fits OE thermostat:
1. BMW OE - perfect fit (manufacturer & part no. TBD)
2. Motorworks COA60717* - fits (may be OE), but expensive due to UK international shipping charges

Fits w/ aftermarket thermostat:
1. Tridon TTG26** - 48mm OD, fits when used with Tridon High Flow Thermostat TT2014-180

Does not fit:
1. Tridon TTG47 - 50mm OD, not a good fit (too large & cross section not square)
2. ROL Gasket WO8285-001 - does not fit
3. Reinz 225 33099 071 - 60mm OD, does not fit - too large

* UK/EU source
** Oz source
*** USA source

58Back to top Go down   Thermostat gasket, not o-ring - Page 2 Empty Re: Thermostat gasket, not o-ring Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:29 pm

Postman

Postman
Old topic but same problem as before. My thermostat gasket was broken after thermostat pull off. I asked Motorworks but they don't have this gasket on the stock anymore. Do You have any idea where to get one?

O-ring is fine and I mean this 2nd gasket..

Seems to be expensive to buy a new thermostat just for a new gasket!

59Back to top Go down   Thermostat gasket, not o-ring - Page 2 Empty Re: Thermostat gasket, not o-ring Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:43 pm

tgolden

tgolden
Silver member
Silver member
Postman wrote:Old topic but same problem as before. My thermostat gasket was broken after thermostat pull off. I asked Motorworks but they don't have this gasket on the stock anymore. Do You have any idea where to get one?

O-ring is fine and I mean this 2nd gasket..

Seems to be expensive to buy a new thermostat just for a new gasket!

EDIT: Per post #56, this gasket/seal does not fit. Disregard this recommendation!

Check out the part below. I suspect it may fit per previous posts on this thread. The part description indicates that it interchanges with part number 225 33099 071. However, we need a good confirmation that it fits. It only cost $1.44 shipping not included. If shipping is reasonable, I'd give this gasket a shot.

If shipping from Mercedesparts.com is too expensive, you might be able to find this Reinz 6012030076 seal locally in Finland. Good Luck!

See posts #16 through #19 on this thread.

EDIT: Per post #56, this gasket/seal does not fit. Disregard this recommendation!

Mercedesparts.com wrote:http://www.mercedesparts.com/shopbyparttypeaaa/engine-coolant-thermostat-seal

Engine Coolant Thermostat Seal

• Part Number: 6012030076
  • Manufacturer:   Reinz

• Condition: New
  • Product Fit: Direct Fit
  • Weight: 0.03 lbs.
  • Dimensions (HxLxW): 0.173"x 6.386"x4.319"
  • UOM: EA
  • Quantity Sold: Sold individually

• Qty Per Application: 1
  • Minimum Order Qty:1
  • Category: Belts And Cooling
  • Subcategory: Gaskets And Sealing Systems
  • Part Type: Engine Coolant Thermostat Seal
  • Interchanges: 225 33099 071,22533099071,70-26221-00

The Reinz Engine Coolant Thermostat Seal contains no remanufactured components, and is designed to operate in either city or highway driving.
To make sure this part will fit your vehicle
Thermostat gasket, not o-ring - Page 2 Reinz

• In Stock - 28

•   $  4.50   $  1.44

60Back to top Go down   Thermostat gasket, not o-ring - Page 2 Empty Re: Thermostat gasket, not o-ring Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:08 pm

Postman

Postman
Thanks for a correction! I was thinking WTF Wink

61Back to top Go down   Thermostat gasket, not o-ring - Page 2 Empty Re: Thermostat gasket, not o-ring Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:19 am

tgolden

tgolden
Silver member
Silver member
Postman wrote:Thanks for a correction! I was thinking WTF Wink

I was thinking the same thing after I reread the thread and saw post #56.

It's been a long time since I was investigating this issue.

I think there must be a suitable seal available, but someone has got to find it and post the information so others can benefit.

Regards

Replacement Thermostat U-Seal Status:

Fits OE thermostat:
1. BMW OE - perfect fit (manufacturer & part no. TBD)
2. Motorworks COA60717* - fits (may be OE), but expensive due to UK international shipping charges, apparently NLA

Fits w/ aftermarket thermostat:
1. Tridon TTG26** - 48mm OD, fits when used with Tridon High Flow Thermostat TT2014-180

Does not fit:
1. Tridon TTG47 - 50mm OD, not a good fit (too large & cross section not square)
2. ROL Gasket WO8285-001 - does not fit
3. Reinz 225 33099 071 - 60mm OD, does not fit - too large
4. Reinz 6012030076 - does not fit, crosses to Reinz 225 33099 071

* UK/EU source
** Oz source
*** USA source

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum