BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Sweet lookin' 75S for sale - Brisbane Empty Sweet lookin' 75S for sale - Brisbane on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:45 am

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
This one has been up for a couple of weeks.  He has just dropped the price by $800 so looks like he wants it gone. 

I am tempted and there is room in the garage, if only because I don't have a low seat model. 

Willing to test ride if required.  bounce  Rego looks like 1992 as the S was not available in 84 as advertised. 

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/yeronga/motorcycles/bmw-k-75-s/1039074556

2Back to top Go down   Sweet lookin' 75S for sale - Brisbane Empty Re: Sweet lookin' 75S for sale - Brisbane on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:51 am

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
Not a '92, it would have 3 spoke wheels.  I'm going to show Marie this one.Looks good.

Al

'87 K100RT with Paralever backend

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

Sweet lookin' 75S for sale - Brisbane K-dogs10

3Back to top Go down   Sweet lookin' 75S for sale - Brisbane Empty Re: Sweet lookin' 75S for sale - Brisbane on Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:05 am

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Don't know about the Aussie '92 models and when they started with 3 spoke wheels.  Definitely the Euro models had 3 spokes by then.  Mine was manufactured 7/91 and I collected it in Munich and its first Aussie rego was JE*** and I think was first registered November '91?

Then again mine came with ABS which was not an option in Aus till later.  My bike is unique as it crosses the July/August BMW model year changeover and when ordering parts always creates a little confusion.  So if you check my manufactured date against the '91 75S models sold in Aus, there are differences.

Anyway, I love it for what it is knowing that I have something special.  Very Happy

4Back to top Go down   Sweet lookin' 75S for sale - Brisbane Empty Re: Sweet lookin' 75S for sale - Brisbane on Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:19 am

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
Maries' 2nd K75s was a '91(Aussie delivered), it definitely had three spokes. Her friend also had a '91, 2 months difference on the plate, also 3 spoke.

Friends bike is where I got my low seat kit from when she sold the bike.  That seat has stayed with me from 95 till now. Rebuilt/covered twice in that time but still the same seat.

Al

5Back to top Go down   Sweet lookin' 75S for sale - Brisbane Empty Re: Sweet lookin' 75S for sale - Brisbane on Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:47 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
al ...this is Brisbane ...till about 1995 things were still like a country town up here ...giggles

I remember not being able to buy beer after 3.00pm on a sunday ...and butcher shops were closed all day

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%OSweet lookin' 75S for sale - Brisbane Au-log10

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..

6Back to top Go down   Sweet lookin' 75S for sale - Brisbane Empty Re: Sweet lookin' 75S for sale - Brisbane on Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:08 pm

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
The price has again dropped to $2,750 !!!  Negotiable. 

Al, you did want me to test ride it for you?

7Back to top Go down   Sweet lookin' 75S for sale - Brisbane Empty Re: Sweet lookin' 75S for sale - Brisbane on Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:50 pm

I'm going over for a ride after lunch  What a Face

8Back to top Go down   Sweet lookin' 75S for sale - Brisbane Empty Re: Sweet lookin' 75S for sale - Brisbane on Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:34 pm

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for the offer Tackler.

i showed marie and there's some interest but she's more interested in an ABS model.  There is one in Brisbane, fairly low kms but more than we can spend at the moment.

Something for the future.

Al

9Back to top Go down   Sweet lookin' 75S for sale - Brisbane Empty Re: Sweet lookin' 75S for sale - Brisbane on Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:36 am

I had a look, it was warmed up when I arrived, which in itself is suspect. Both front disks are under 3mm but the brakes work ok, clutch is right at the end of travel, one pannier is missing a lock and doesn't seem to close properly plus there's a few paint chips and scuff marks but it has near new tyres on it, all brake lines are S/S, staintune exhaust, low seat, USB and 12v hub in the tail plus a few other bits.

He's keen to sell, he's looking at R1200RT's but has had zero phone calls about the K75.

Was a bit of a tight fit for me. Twas a bit like trying to squeeze into that 20 year old suit I got in the cupboard Smile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum